Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation (14998 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by cPapaAjascO: 3:06pm On Jan 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKlazCqwIWI

A Nigerian lecturer urges students not to depend on their certificates for good jobs and a good life, and that certificates on makes graduates become miserable job seekers. He outline how 47 P.Hd holders applied for th3 position as truck drivers for Dangote.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by budaatum: 3:51pm On Jan 15
That's because this lecturer sells certificates without the accompanying learning that empowers students to use their brains and minds.

Moral of the story is, ensure you buy learning, and not just the certificate.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by RepoMan007: 5:29pm On Jan 15
Many people go to school with some weird expectation of skill they are to get and doors certificate will open for them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Samsunny99: 9:45pm On Jan 15
If this country normal,how person go even do first degree finish come dey think of doing fashion designer,barbing,selling food provision etc
Not to talk of PhD
Year in year out universities are turning out graduates
Omo eni to mo way
Lomo we

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by G00dharddick: 8:24am On Jan 16
Damn!

Any Nigerian student still having the thought of going around with files looking for job and waiting to be employed after graduation is not wise. In Nigeria, education doesn't work if you don't have strong connection at the top to secure a job after graduation. Use your head and learn a skill or a trade so you can have something doing for yourself to earn a living.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:25am On Jan 16
The world is tilting but universities in Nigeria don't understand that.

In UK or us, you are allowed to work and study.

This work experience you get would make you ready even before being a graduate. You would even discover a lot of things and how the world truly works.

In Nigeria, study and not allowed to work because of ancient curriculum that has not invented anything meaningful except copying.

Tell me what happens when a student studies alone and comes out like a newbies to the world system.

In UK or US you already understand that if you don't work you won't chop. What stops a student from helping houses dispose refuse on weekends. In Nigeria lecturers will set class on weekend.

Make u na dey play.

Person say make we dey learn witchcraft when other countries dey try understand the whole galaxy and conquer it.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by wahalawahala: 8:25am On Jan 16
He no lle

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by bigdammyj: 8:25am On Jan 16
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Lance008(m): 8:26am On Jan 16
Omo this man is right
Na this type of message save IGOBS from poverty from early age them don start business
While people mak dey see their self as the future astronauts, doctors , pilots etc go Dey pity Igbo pikin mak dey store Dey sell
I wish I wise early my business for don too large

35 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Lanretoye(m): 8:26am On Jan 16
Word!!!,your destiny is in your hands,not in a paper.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by HardMirror(m): 8:26am On Jan 16
budaatum:
That's because this lecturer sells certificates without the accompanying learning that empowers students to use their brains and minds.

Moral of the story is, ensure you buy learning, and not just the certificate.

shut the Bleep up. He is giving those students the talk they need to hear. Some people take certificates too seriously. He is not condemning eduction, It is different from certificate

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by dfrost: 8:26am On Jan 16
cheesy

Man is saying the truth. The time is finally upon us. No more getting through the 4 walls filled with lizards to learn something that don't and won't improve your lifestyle in the future.

Learn skills. It's a drift and we will get there. Corporatuons are now employing without institutionalised degrees. Get a cert and skill akin to what your passion is, while studying online.

Options plenty. It's either people, organizations, communities, countries shape in or they ship out.

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by NSK4U(m): 8:27am On Jan 16
True

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by aysnoopy(m): 8:27am On Jan 16
He's actually saying the hard truth

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Englishisamust: 8:27am On Jan 16
If I go back to school again eeenh, I will only learn programming and come out with second lower.. I just wasted my 4 years..instead of gaining experience in programming field

7 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Cruise777: 8:27am On Jan 16
Them no dey tell person

Many Americans are begging Joe Biden to cancel and pardon their students loan, after they couldn't get a graduate job

But unlike Nigeria, they get anyhow jobs to manage

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by McLizbae: 8:27am On Jan 16
Some rugged truth there though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by IyaTola: 8:27am On Jan 16
Facts!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Judolisco(m): 8:28am On Jan 16
Na true him dey talk... I Don 4get say I get certificate sef... When I finished nysc my papa tell me say, make him buy small car for me make I dey use am do transport.... I was like no oh, me wey comut with 2:1, Hw I go dey do transport... I go see job... To cut d long story short na uber I dey use hold body now, 5 yrs after grad grin

25 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Fireev: 8:28am On Jan 16
undecided

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:28am On Jan 16
Fact

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Endinjustice: 8:29am On Jan 16

Statement of fact.

Nigeria education system produces nothing more than poor graduates without the requisite skills to compete in this ever changing world of innovations.

5 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by israelmao(m): 8:29am On Jan 16
Go to school don't be certificate-minded but skill-minded.

7 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:30am On Jan 16
he is saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by YoungLionken(m): 8:30am On Jan 16
Simple truth, baba is prolly speaking from experience and the minds of other Nigerians that witnessed it too. Everything boils down to the government though...

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Sticooooooo(m): 8:30am On Jan 16
We are going down the hill from here as a country, instead of moving forward. What a pity 😕 hearing some news that are not likely to happen in a country that we have a lot of potential than them.

Let our leaders look into it and act fast. Is not funny at all.
Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Mayeldah(m): 8:32am On Jan 16
The hard truth though, funny enough the wealthiest guys around are not those who depended on their certificates. Majority of them did not have bsc.
Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Dogalmighty17: 8:32am On Jan 16
Being a Nigerian will make you miserable after birth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer: Certificates Will Make You A Miserable Job Seeker After Graduation by Ironbull: 8:32am On Jan 16
That lecturer job should end immediately I mean right away his job should be terminated.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prospectus And Fee Structure Of Universities In China / 7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike / ~university Of Abuja~ 2009/2010 Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.