Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Religious Enslavement Is The Next Form... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Enslavement Is The Next Form... (79 Views)

Grooming (microfinance Bank) Empowerment Or Enslavement / Religion is a Tool of Enslavement / Ajayi Crowther - The Colonial Tool That Caused The Mental Enslavement Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religious Enslavement Is The Next Form... by seiyefajohn(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15
* Religious & Political Enslavement:

There is religious enslavement as well as there is political enslavement. In fact, political enslavement came together with religious enslavement. Let me put it right, political and religious enslavements came side by side.

Colonialists enslaved Africans both politically and religiously. Colonialism promoted religion while enforcing political order on the side. Which is why both was introduced to us at once. Side by side.

Our religious colonialists were sent by their political leaders (who happen to be our political colonialists). Which is why most modern time vouages had (mixed voyagers, political, military, medical and religious voyagers)

These voyagers, these adventurers and conquorers escapeds were sponsored and powered by colonial governments, but spearheaded by religious leaders and teachers who were tasked with the resposibility of sweet talking the natives into sumission; into submitting to religion and political order at same time.

As bizarre as politics is, even more bizarre is religion. No wonder leaders of the body of Christ who claim to be religious heads at PFN, CAN and daddy GO's of denominations continually throw shades at one another like their counterparts in politics who rival one another at the slightest opportunity.

The Holy Bible is one, but her understanding, her interpretation and explanation is diverse. Is the Holy Bible a nation's constitution? Why can't we simply understand scriptural terms and indices? Or do we need a constitution of juriors (Judges) to interpret the Holy Scriptures as they do the constitution?

The body of Christ in Nigeria (in Africa in general) need to be more responsible. The schools of Theology in black Africa need to be more deliberate in educating African ministers of the gospel, because ministers are contributing to the ills and harm of society (as do our dubious and devious political leaders).

I am Seiyefa John✍️🎬 the above is my submission. Pls counter my perception, or enlighthen me, i await your correspondence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Enslavement Is The Next Form... by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59pm On Jan 15
Enslavement is enslavement and it is an evil perpetrated by wicked people whereas God, our Creator, made us free!

So, it does not matter what thing is used for enslaving whether physical harm or deprivation or economic harm, they are all one and the same evil.

And the bible haa laid out clearly the difference between good and evil, so anyone trying to read it has a clear guide.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The CHIWETALUAGU In Your Life Will Die In 2024: Pastor Humble Okoro Explains The / Alternative Spirituality Practices / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/01/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.