Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) (23207 Views)

AFCON: As We Celebrate Victory, Let's Prepare For Long Trekking - Hilda Dokubo / Gov. Nwifuru Buys SUVs For All Doctors In Ebonyi General Hospitals (Photos) / Ebonyi Gov Approves N100,000 Christmas Package For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Menclothing: 7:57pm On Jan 16
Melagros:
One of my friends from Ebonyi said that Labour won Ebonyi state

With one vote he knows who win this country is a cruise
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Melagros(m): 9:50pm On Jan 16
ivandrag0n:

Is it not that your friend who was admitted to the mental illness home (asylum) at the same time as you last year?

Oh, I get it! Two of you are still there, as mad as ever and telling each other insanity tales as always!!! 😂😂😂
I don't have time to report you, but when next time you broke any nairaland's rule you will get ban
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Obierika(m): 11:55pm On Jan 16
ppogba:

Is there any state that Labour did not win in their dreams?

grin
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by BALLOSKI: 1:48am On Jan 17
His statement after the supreme court victory to his opponents is my best so far.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by farem: 10:51am On Jan 17
paramakina202:

Agbada originates from Arabs not from Yoruba or Hausa.

Listen to yourself again. No wonder your Arab are everywhere wearing Agbada all about. Can't you see them in your streets?
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 11:52am On Jan 17
farem:

Listen to yourself again. No wonder your Arab are everywhere wearing Agbada all about. Can't you see them in your streets?

Agba is an Arab borrowed robe from Sudan to Chad to Niger,SeneGambia to Nigeria is same thing don't come and claim originality.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Vnn2868(m): 11:59am On Jan 17
officialwdhtv:
Ebonyi Governor, Francis Nwifuru, seen displaying amazing dance moves to celebrate his victory at the Supreme Court

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5p__RD4Jk

We Ebonyians made the Best choice and have been reaping the good fruits from the inception of his administration.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Morbeta11(m): 2:41pm On Jan 17
Nigercity:
This man always looks like he is crying grin grin
Or he is about to cry

In Abakaliki, fear anyone with that kind of face, cos they are very good in handling Matchets.....
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by EKOSuperior(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17
Melagros:
One of my friends from Ebonyi said that Labour won Ebonyi state
Your friend is so wrong, Nwifuru won overwhelmingly, he should tell you the truth.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:08pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

Agbada originates from Arabs not from Yoruba or Hausa.

Biggest lie! Arab wore Jalamiya. Did Osama bin laden, the terrorist wear Agbada for example? Arab wore Jalamiya sewed from top to bottom in a straight line like a sleeping dress.

In 1772, Robert Noris while writing about Africans living in Africa talked about the Yoruba Agbada which were made in Eyo (Oyo), as far back in 1772. That was even before the colonization of Nigeria.

Robert stated that these clothes were worn by aristocrats while adding that the clothes were actually made in Eyo (Oyo). It was rather Yoruba who exported Agbada to Subsaharan and Saharan through trading

Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 7:16pm On Jan 20
Dsimmer:

Biggest lie! Arab wear Jalabiya. Does Osama bin laden wear Agbada for example? Arab wear Jalabiya.

In 1772, Robert Noris while writing about Africans living in Africa talked about the Yoruba Agbada which were made in Eyo (Oyo), as far back in 1772. That was even before the colonization of Nigeria.

Robert stated that these clothes were worn by aristocrats while adding that the clothes were actually made in Eyo (Oyo). It was rather Yoruba who exported Agbada to Subsaharan and Saharan through trading

That you modified it to your taste does not mean it originates from Yoruba after all it is same parachute worn all over Sahil and west Africa.

Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:20pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

That you modified it to your taste does not mean it originates from Yoruba after all it is same parachute worn all over Sahil and west Africa.

What a lie! I'm dealing with facts here! According to Robert Noris, Agbada was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported. That was even before the Fulani came to Hausa land as a matter of fact.

I told you already that the Arabs wore Jalamiya which was sewed in straight line from top to bottom like a sleeping night dress. Arabs didn't wear Agbada but Jalamiya.

It was Yoruba who exported Agbada to Subsaharan and Saharan through trading.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 7:22pm On Jan 20
Dsimmer:

What a lie! I'm dealing with facts here! According to Robert Noris, Agbada was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported. Even before the Fulani came with Islam to Hausa as a matter of fact.

I told you already that the Arabs wear Jalabiya which is sow from top to bottom like sleeping night dress. Arabs don't wear Agbada but Jalabiya.

It was Yoruba who exported Agbada to Subsaharan and Saharan!

See your reality here grin

Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:24pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

See your reality here grin

Consensus by who exactly?

I deal in fact, not stupidity. Yoruba was making Agbada in Eyo (Oyo) and exporting it, according to Robert Noris. Point is Arabs wore nothing like Agbada whereas Yoruba egungun, Obadimeji, Eyo (Adamo Orisha) etc have similar design as Agbada!
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 7:26pm On Jan 20
Dsimmer:

What a lie! I'm dealing with facts here! According to Robert Noris, Agbada was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported. Even before the Fulani came with Islam to Hausa as a matter of fact.

I told you already that the Arabs wore Jalabiya which is sow from top to bottom like sleeping night dress. Arabs didn't wear Agbada but Jalabiya.

It was Yoruba who exported Agbada to Subsaharan and Saharan through trading.

When did Yoruba start making cotton,which century?
Back up your claim with evidence.So Hausa and other semi arab Africans borrowed babariga aka agbada from Yoruba?
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:29pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

When did Yoruba start making cotton,which century?
Back up your claim with evidence.So Hausa and other semi arab Africans borrowed babariga aka agbada from Yoruba?

Before the colonization of the domain called Nigeria and even some Africa at large, Yoruba were already making textile such as aso oke, adire etc..

Like I said, I deal in fact.

According to Robert Noris, Agbada was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported to other Africans.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 7:37pm On Jan 20
Dsimmer:

Consensus by who exactly?

I deal in fact, not stupidity. Before Islam was in Hausa land, Yoruba was making Agbada in Eyo (Oyo) and exporting it, according to Robert Noris. Point is Arabs wore nothing like Agbada whereas Yoruba egungun, Obadimeji egungun, Eyo (Eyo Adimula) etc have similar design as Agbada!

Well this article was written by a Yoruba man who obviously knows more than you.

Regions for the Agbada

It is worth mentioning that the agbada is not exclusive to the Yoruba, being found in other parts of Africa as well. It is known as mbubb (French, boubou) among the Wolof of Senegambia and as riga among the Hausa and Fulani of the West African savannah from whom the Yoruba adopted it. The general consensus among scholars is that the attire originated in the Middle East and was introduced to Africa by the Berber and Arab merchants from the Maghreb (the Mediterranean coast) and the desert Tuaregs during the trans-Saharan trade that began in the pre-Christian era and lasted until the late nineteenth century. While the exact date of its introduction to West Africa is uncertain, reports by visiting Arab geographers indicate that the attire was very popular in the area from the eleventh century onward, most especially in the ancient kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, Songhay, Bornu, and Kanem, as well as in the Hausa states of northern Nigeria. When worn with a turban, the riga or mbubb identified an individual as an Arab, Berber, desert Tuareg, or a Muslim. Because of its costly fabrics and elaborate embroidery, the attire was once symbolic of wealth and high status. Those ornamented with Arab calligraphy were believed to attract good fortune (baraka). Hence, by the early nineteenth century, the attire had been adopted by many non-Muslims in sub-Saharan Africa, most especially kings, chiefs, and elites, who not only modified it to reflect local dress aesthetics, but also replaced the turban with indigenous headgears. The bigger the robe and the more elaborate its embroidery, the higher the prestige and authority associated with it.
https://www.lovetoknow.com/life/style/agbada-clothing-by Babatunde Lawal
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:42pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

Well this article was written by a Yoruba man who obviously knows more than you.

Regions for the Agbada

It is worth mentioning that the agbada is not exclusive to the Yoruba, being found in other parts of Africa as well. It is known as mbubb (French, boubou) among the Wolof of Senegambia and as riga among the Hausa and Fulani of the West African savannah from whom the Yoruba adopted it. The general consensus among scholars is that the attire originated in the Middle East and was introduced to Africa by the Berber and Arab merchants from the Maghreb (the Mediterranean coast) and the desert Tuaregs during the trans-Saharan trade that began in the pre-Christian era and lasted until the late nineteenth century. While the exact date of its introduction to West Africa is uncertain, reports by visiting Arab geographers indicate that the attire was very popular in the area from the eleventh century onward, most especially in the ancient kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, Songhay, Bornu, and Kanem, as well as in the Hausa states of northern Nigeria. When worn with a turban, the riga or mbubb identified an individual as an Arab, Berber, desert Tuareg, or a Muslim. Because of its costly fabrics and elaborate embroidery, the attire was once symbolic of wealth and high status. Those ornamented with Arab calligraphy were believed to attract good fortune (baraka). Hence, by the early nineteenth century, the attire had been adopted by many non-Muslims in sub-Saharan Africa, most especially kings, chiefs, and elites, who not only modified it to reflect local dress aesthetics, but also replaced the turban with indigenous headgears. The bigger the robe and the more elaborate its embroidery, the higher the prestige and authority associated with it.
https://www.lovetoknow.com/life/style/agbada-clothing-by Babatunde Lawal

Another baseless gibberish! A fallacy which lacks basis! Of course it's not the first time a Muslim brainwashed someone tries to infuse something which doesn't concern the Yoruba, just like the recent write-up from the writer you quoted. Lol. That was how one tried to imply that Oduduwa came from one place blah blah blah to beget the Yoruba. Lol. What he doesn't know is Oduduwa is a cosmo, an orisha and a king which IFA always states in its coded form as usual. Same Oduduwa who was a very black man? 😅 Heck, some didn't even know Obatala came before Oduduwa, even as both Obatala and Oduduwa are one entity. Btw, Oduduwa came from Oke Ora of ILE IFE which IFA specifically mentioned. That's by the way.

And I repeat, Arab wore nothing like Agbada! That's a fact!

Another fact was Robert Noris write up about the agbada as far back in 1772 while stating that it was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported to other Africans through trading.

Another fact is the fact that Yoruba have similar design as their egungun!

I deal in facts, not in stupidity!
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by paramakina202: 7:50pm On Jan 20
Dsimmer:

Another baseless gibberish! A fallacy!

I repeat, Arab wore nothing like Agbada! That's a fact!

Another fact was Robert Noris write up about the agbada as far back in 1772 while stating that it was made in Eyo (Oyo) and exported to other Africans through trading.

Another fact is the fact that Yoruba have similar design as their egungun (Ara Orun)!

I deal in fact, not in stupidity!

Go and sit down,you have nothing to back up your childish claims.
There are tons of evidence Yoruba copied agbada like other african tribes from the Arabs.
Re: Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) by Dsimmer: 7:53pm On Jan 20
paramakina202:

Go and sit down,you have nothing to back up your childish claims.
There are tons of evidence Yoruba copied agbada like other african tribes from the Arabs.

I don't even need to bother much with your gibberish. Robert Noris write up as far back in 1772 already backed up my claim!

I repeat, Arab wore nothing like Agbada whereas Yoruba already have similar design as their egungun!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigeria And Neighbours Chad, Cameroon And Niger Celebrate Victories / Sorrowful Letter To Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By Tunde Odesola / Chicago University: Remove Tinubu Or Apologize To Mmesoma – Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.