Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,128 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data (21139 Views)

MTN Blackberry Internet Service Down!!! / How To Use Glo Blackberry Internet Subscription (BIS) On PC And Other Device / Mtn Bis (blackberry Internet Service) Freeeee! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by aieromon(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2011
@Mustay
Please,don't misunderstand 4llerbuntu's post.Etisalat sims are not provisioned for 3G services the same way Glo sims are not provisioned for internet access.Once the customer subscribes to a data plan,the sim is automatically provisioned to receive 3G signals.
Its only MTN that has plug and play internet services.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by aieromon(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2011
By the way,I recently discovered not all Glo sims can receive 3G signals.I dunno the logic behind this and whether this applies to Etisalat sim cards as well.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Suntemi(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
Mustay:

shocked

[b]What are you turning on and off eh? The 3G is a service man, as long as your device is a '3G phone' with internet activated on it and the service provider also rolls out the service, you're good to go. [/b]Even after exhausting his data plan, the 3G signal does not 'need to be turned off ' as your theorem suggests. It's as silly as saying once you exhaust your credit balance, your network signal would be turned off accordingly.

In Nigeria, only MTN does that.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Suntemi(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2011
aieromon:

By the way,I recently discovered not all Glo sims can receive 3G signals.I dunno the logic behind this and whether this applies to Etisalat sim cards as well.

On Glo network, one needs to subscribe to a data bundle and request for 3G activation before you can get access to 3G.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by aieromon(m): 2:16am On Dec 22, 2011
sun_temi:

On Glo network, one needs to subscribe to a data bundle and request for 3G activation before you can get access to 3G.

How does one do this?
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by honsule(m): 5:17am On Dec 22, 2011
aieromon:

How does one do this?

call their C.C There was one certain time 3G activation works without calling their C.C. and also pray the agent that will pick ur call knows what u are talking about,otherwise u will just receive browsing settings shikena grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Suntemi(m): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2011
aieromon:

How does one do this?

You just send activate to 127 after subscribing to a package, It takes like 24 hours to get activated though. I've tried it many times on different SIM and it worked all the times. Honsule, calling CC na longtime
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by udylah(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Saddam: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2012
Blackberry

Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by FindOut(m): 12:49am On Apr 10, 2012
aieromon: By the way,I recently discovered not all Glo sims can receive 3G signals.I dunno the logic behind this and whether this applies to Etisalat sim cards as well.

I av a similiar issue with my Airtel line. It's been in a 3G fone for more than a year now without me getting 3G service. I get Edge & GPRS , but no 3G. & i get 3G on my glo & mtn lines on the same phone! I've called customer care, gone to their office to complain, even broke my SIM card & went to retrieve it (thot it was a SIM issue), yet the problem hasnt been resolved. Any ideas people?
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by walcolm(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
@OP,

i didn't read through all the responses so i don't know if anybody has been able to break it down for you. the BIS is an integrated service that comes as an addendum to your BB purchase and that helps to improve the efficiency of your data usage. because of that and the extra income service providers get from RIMM; the OEM, they can offer you a larger data cap at a cheaper cost.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by CosmicJames(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
It is unfortunate that despite the fact that Blackberry BIS provides unlimited data and banwith, BB users are still restricted by their network operators with limited data at high cost.
Well, I was lucky to have found a way around this. My curve 8520 browsing for almost free. Not completely free though. Using MTN, I usually subscribe to the monthly complete plan that now comes at N1,300 with 200mb for 30days. Then I will just configure my BB to have unlimited data and browse for 30days without paying extra fees. The settings are presently on your BB and works on any network. You don't need to pay N3000 to have unlimited data on your Blackberry Smartphone!
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by kittyybaby: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2012
pls is it possible to use my glo blackberry sim complete plan on my htc desire hd,will it allow mi to use d internet aswel.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Chizzybenjamin(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2012
@ Sun_temi,
am using an HTC HD7 fone,I tried d airtel stuff 4 BB n I aint surfing nada.
Pls assist oh,as dem don swap my money

What shud I do again oh sad angry
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
jamessmith2099: I have new blackberry and now want to take Internet connection in this but don't know about the pacakge rates and their speed. So tell me?

no harm but please kindly go back to the village....
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
jamessmith2099: I have new blackberry and now want to take Internet connection in this but don't know about the pacakge rates and their speed. So tell me?

no harm but please kindly go back to the village.... or u ask ur nxt door neighbor...
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by Adexprint(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
sun_temi:

you can get 1Gb on Airtel for 1,500 for real.

while I get it with 1,200
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by luluosas(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2012
aieromon:

How does one do this?
Just call 444 and you are good to go.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by luluosas(m): 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
With RIM having the 'best' data compression so far and their own dedicated server, they are suppose to be the leader in the smart phone market but, this is not the case.
Again, our telecom provider are truly ripping us off with exorbitant prices on their data services with the exception of BB.
Re: Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data by inuero90: 10:05am On Nov 12, 2013
samby38: May God bless you Zsch for this thread, I don't know why the providers cannot give us enough data for those of us using other smartphones like android etc
My phone consumes data like petrol. I wish Airtel could give me 1Gb for just N1,500

Please, we need good explanation.

i subscribe wt ma airtel simply text socialmonth to 440 ...1Gb for just 1,200.. NOTE: the socialmonth must b in small letters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In August / I Have A Budget Of 20k. Which Phone Would You Recommend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.