Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight (1386 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by TheRareGem1(f): 6:37pm On Jan 15
Most kids these days or permit me to even say the core of the generation that makes up the working class have an idea of how fighting games such as Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Tekken go. If you and your opponent both win one round each of the first two, there is a resultant final round and that is where we find ourselves in the case of the fastidious sheriff of the Ministry of Interior, Honorable Tunji-Ojo and the cabal that profited from the passport rigmarole in the Nigerian Immigration.

Clearly we all recall how the minister won the first round with a flawless victory, if I am truly honest I am one of those that laughed at his promise to clear the backlog he met there in 2 weeks. Two weeks ke, you think those profiting from it (if you have ever tried to get a passport in the last three years you would know that the scam started from the gateman at the gate all the way to the very top) would sit back and watch you take “their” food away was the statement I made to a colleague on our way back from work.

Even when it took an extra week, I rolled in even more derision, this one wan take us do mugu, we will wait and hear the truth from those who truly matter, the masses. Lo and behold my shock when a full month after all we have heard is words of commendations and praise and not one person has claimed not to have gotten his passport since he applied. Then came the release of inmates whose fines were paid by cooperate social responsibilities of companies under the guidance of the same minister in a bid to decongest the prisons. The starboy of this administration was born and the masses were feeling the impact.

But corruption never lies down and dies peacefully, as President Goodluck stated, it fights back with a passion akin to that of a woman scorned. Soon as the wolves on land and sharks in the sea smelt blood they came in ferociously in two distinct groups the Obidients who would not want to see anything good come out of this administration and the syndicate fabricated via finance with one aim in mind; to bring the minister of Interior to such levels of disrepute that he is ousted from office and another person that will join them in feasting on the carcass of the ordinary Nigerian is sent to replace him.

In his defence to the allegations, Hon. Tunji-Ojo brought forth certified true copies from CAC that clearly shows that he had resigned from the company as a director alongside his wife since 2019 in accordance with the constitution. Yet, such was the impact the barrage from the agents of corruption that their combined onslaught wrought that even though it was a close affair, they managed to edge the round only because they did manage to smear the white kaftan that the Minister was garbed in due to them stating that logically it would be impossible to rule out influence based on personal interests.

Though sometimes one wonders if the minister himself is not a lawyer as he clarified on TV that having fulfilled all stipulated requirements, shouldn’t the next question be to ask if the contract was awarded legally and if it was, was it executed and in accordance with the laid down guidelines in small print. Or are we then suggesting that a company that has proven itself in over a decade of handling contracts with the Federal Government be deemed unworthy of patronage because it once was run by a serving minister even though it is the most qualified of those that put in a bid for the work?

Those that have eyes see even when they are crying and that is the stage that we are currently in. Claims were made that despite the clearing of the backlog and the resultant ability to fill your passport application online and only go for biodata at the NIS offices, the cabal was still gleaning a few morsels of meat by randomly delaying those they felt they could intimidate but even that was going to be taken away from them starting on the 8th of March when the entire process of passport acquisition from application to delivery at any address of the choosing of the applicant would be done without interfacing with officers of the Nigerian Immigration service. This is the reason why they now have to fight back.

Yes, they have to fight back to be able to sustain the lifestyle that they are currently enjoying based on coning the average Nigerian out of his hard earned sweat. At this juncture, I call on the person of the President of the federal republic of Nigeria to not harken to the voice of a few influencers who have been influenced by cash and other promises but rather to that of “vox populi” allowing the game go on and enabling us all watch as the Honorable minister of interior defeats his detractors in grand style come March 8.

Temitope Adesina is an environmentalist, writing from Abeokuta

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by kemzy107(f): 6:41pm On Jan 15
He has given them all they need to know about the supposed allegations but people who don't want the system to work are out to sabotage this. We say No to distraction
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by obamiyi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15
Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo will be victorious. He is a rock that can not be shaken. The evil passport cabal has failed. The reform in the ministry must be completed.

5 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by DonDaDa234: 6:42pm On Jan 15
Corruption is fighting back. But the truth will always win

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Temmy1997(f): 6:42pm On Jan 15
Honestly those who think they can just bring up some false information about the minister just because they don't like what he's doing but Olubunmi is the kind of leader we want in our ministrys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Yheri: 6:45pm On Jan 15
In the ongoing clash between Hon. Tunji-Ojo and the entrenched passport cabal, the battle is one of bureaucratic transparency versus entrenched influence. Initially met with skepticism, Tunji-Ojo's promise to clear the passport backlog in two weeks surprised critics as commendations replaced doubts a month later. Despite presenting evidence of his resignation from the company, doubts lingered, sparking a broader debate on the legality of the awarded contract and its execution.

Amidst claims of the persistent influence of the passport cabal, a major reform is set to disrupt their power from March 8. The entire passport acquisition process, from application to delivery, will occur without direct interaction with immigration officers, potentially severing the cabal's grip. March 8 becomes a decisive moment in the struggle for reform, where transparency and legality confront entrenched interests, shaping the future of passport acquisition in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Solape1: 6:48pm On Jan 15
Whoever says it is going to be easy is a liar, I was expecting all these so this doesn't hit me as a shock. This minister has blocked their major means of livelihood and he has become a pain in their asses. I believe darkness will never outshine light, this minister has come to stay because I experienced the sanity he brought to NIS when I applied for my passport online and had my capture 4th day after with no stress or extra charges from any officer.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Ogbonna24: 6:49pm On Jan 15
I do not believe him when he was making promises either but the man burst my brain, he actually fulfilled all his promises and I believe his going to do more. Then for the people pushing for his suspension, they should go and farabale

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Laryy360: 6:49pm On Jan 15
This is another great testimony of Hon minister again, I have seen many testimony of this passport so it it high time you we have confidence in this renewal hope agenda of Olubunmi Tunji Ojo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Funmilayo8: 6:49pm On Jan 15
The Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has only skyrocketed his performance and delivered so well within a very short period in office... I really can’t see his offence in all of these ooooo. The passport cabal really can’t bring him down. He is a rock that can never be shaken come what may.... wait and see how things unfold with him this year, he is obviously ready for the job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Softesst: 6:50pm On Jan 15
No campaign of calcumy is touching the Hon minister! He has proven to be competent .
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Lifted2000: 6:51pm On Jan 15
The passport cabal must not win this battle against the renewed hope of Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Oluwalosolami: 6:51pm On Jan 15
BTO will laugh last, individual interest can not supercede a nation's interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by flexybricky(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15
If someone tries to take away my pot of soup, I'll definitely put up a fight. Various tactics are being used to divert Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo from his dedicated service to Nigerians. But he must remain focus regardless.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Zeesugar(f): 6:53pm On Jan 15
A testimony to Hon Olubunmi Tunji ojo
When it comes to people with integrity Hon Tunji ojo stands out with pride
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Janetudeh(f): 6:53pm On Jan 15
I am really impressed with what the minister has done so far, it’s not surprising that he has more foes than friends. A typical reflection of what we are dealing with across board in Nigeria.

It’s just a matter of time, haters will soon rest. I need him to apply more pressure!
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by SanniAbraham15: 6:54pm On Jan 15
Nothing good comes easy indeed. The minister will emerge victorious no matter the fight put up by the so-called cabals.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Adelekan40(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15
The passport cabals are hell-bent to make sure the president sacks the minister of interior, just to continue their old ways of passport enrollment in Nigeria. This won't happen, BTO is committed to the RenewedHope agenda of Mr President and Nigerians are in love with his reforms.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Evelyn24: 6:57pm On Jan 15
The Minister will come out triumphant by Gods grace. These people are just against the progress of the country and I am happy that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man of peace and progress. He won’t condole anyone who wants to sabotage the Renewed Hope agenda.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by HarunaWest(m): 6:57pm On Jan 15
Lol.....You peoples paymaster messed up big time. Why did he have to use his Compny to execute a government contract? Why can't he let other Nigerians eat? Must they eat everything? Nawa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Shikini: 6:58pm On Jan 15
Tunji-Ojo should be suspended too.

Why are they sending him to CCB instead of EFCC?

Thieves everywhere
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by OlufunkeBabs: 6:59pm On Jan 15
Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo will laugh last, individual interest can not supercede a nation's interest.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by TheRareGem1(f): 7:00pm On Jan 15
HarunaWest:
Lol.....You peoples paymaster messed up big time. Why did he have to use his Compny to execute a government contract? Why can't he let other Nigerians eat? Must they eat everything? Nawa.

If you are called to bring proof, hope you'll have it
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Ava1705: 7:01pm On Jan 15
He will surely triumph!
What the enemies made for evil
It will be turned around for his good!
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Epistasis(m): 7:07pm On Jan 15
Hon Tunji Ojo has done well this far. He is the star boy of this administration.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Oluebubay: 7:12pm On Jan 15
The Minister is more focused now than ever!!! no room for distractions💯
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Joyce95: 7:26pm On Jan 15
Hon Tunji Ojo has done so great so far, so no evil shall bring him down.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by muhyeenisce(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15
Make they allow this man breath na
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by Golan007: 8:09pm On Jan 15
Naija.

grin

I dey observe.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by starstaz(m): 8:14pm On Jan 15
BTO is an ardent Administrator, nevertheless,he has equally soaked his hands in filthy Lucre,by that standard he is also Mr Lucretius. Can he just apologize to us and we can all move on and never does he uses his sensitive position to attract special privileges to his one man company again.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by seanfer(m): 8:18pm On Jan 15
HarunaWest:

Are you a beneficiary of the passport cabal?
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-ojo And The Passport Cabal: Final Round Fight by aieromon(m): 8:21pm On Jan 15
60% of the comments on this thread were made by persons who registered accounts between August and September 2023.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Have White Nigerian , British Nigerian . Portuguese Nigerian, India Nigerian / President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. / Landmark Know A Day Like This Will Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.