Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' (2218 Views)

Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. / Davido Will Make Heaven But You Pastor Won't - Daddy Freeze Fumes / Why Does The God Build Mansion In Heaven But Refuse To Build A Temple For Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Jan 16
BBC iPlayer
Disciples: The Cult of TB Joshua

A shocking journey into a maze of manipulation and terrifying abuse perpetrated by one of the most powerful religious figures of the 21st Century

Watch now on BBC iPlayer (UK only) or on the BBC Africa YouTube channel (outside UK)

BBC iPlayer
BBC Sounds

World of Secrets - The Disciples

A nine-episode season - a shocking journey into a maze of manipulation and terrifying abuse

Listen now on BBC Sounds

Sixteen of the former disciples we interviewed, including Rae, provided first-hand testimony of sexual assault or rape by Joshua. Many say it happened frequently - as much as two to four times a week - for the duration of their time in the compound. Some described violent rapes which left them struggling to breath or bleeding.

Many believed they were the only ones being assaulted and did not dare share what was happening to them with the other disciples, as they were all encouraged to report on each other.

According to Victoria, who asked us to change her name for safety reasons, and who spent more than five years in the compound, other sexual assault victims were often hand picked by Joshua from the church congregation.

She says she was picked out while attending the church's Sunday school, and says she was raped in Joshua's private quarters a few months later, after her parents entrusted her into his care. She was then recruited as a resident disciple.

Victoria says Joshua ordered some of his most trusted Nigerian disciples to help identify new victims. The group was informally known as the "fishing department" and she says it ultimately coerced her into joining.

Another disciple involved in similar recruitment was Bisola.

Bisola says she was forced by Joshua to select young women for him to abuse

"TB Joshua asked me to recruit virgins for him… So that he could bring them into the disciple-fold and disvirgin them," she says.

She participated because of both "indoctrination" and threats of violence, she says, adding she herself was repeatedly raped by Joshua.

A number of women say they were under the age of legal of consent - which is 18 in Lagos state - when they were sexually assaulted or raped. This offence can lead to the death penalty in Nigeria.

Jessica Kaimu, now a broadcast journalist in Namibia, says she was just 17 and a virgin when Joshua raped her in the bathroom of his penthouse, within weeks of her becoming a disciple.

Jessica Kaimu says she was repeatedly raped by TB Joshua

"I was screaming and he was whispering in my ear that I should stop acting like a baby… I was so traumatised, I couldn't cry," she says.

Jessica says this encounter was repeated again and again, throughout the five years she spent as a disciple. Her account mirrors that of other women who spoke to the BBC, and also of accounts by four of Joshua's male personal servants who were given the job of clearing up the physical evidence of this abuse.

Many of the details of our interviewees' accounts are too graphic to publish. They include multiple first-hand accounts of women being stripped naked, and raped with objects - including one woman who says it happened to her twice before the age of 15.

"It was so painful, he violated me," the woman, who asked to remain anonymous, says. "Words cannot properly express it. It scarred me for life."

A number of interviewees who say they were raped and became pregnant by Joshua, explain how they were also then given forced abortions inside the compound - in an area known as the "medical department" or "clinic."

"It would all be done in secrecy," says Sihle, a South African former disciple, who says she had three forced abortions in the church.

"You are given a concoction to drink and you get sick. Or they put these metal pieces in your vagina and they extract whatever. And you don't know whether they're [accidentally] pulling out your womb."

Sihle wept throughout her interview, as did Jessica who says she was given five forced abortions.

Bisola says she witnessed "dozens" of abortions during her 14 years inside the church. At times, she says she would climb to the highest floor of the compound and cry, begging God to save her.

The disciples served Joshua's every need. They gave him massages, helped him dress, sprayed perfume when he entered the room. They placed plastic gloves on his hands so he could eat his food without touching a crumb.

Rather than call him by his name, they were all encouraged to address him as "Daddy." It's not uncommon for a Nigerian pastor in the Pentecostal tradition to be addressed this way, but the disciples say it was a term Joshua insisted on.

"My mind was like it had been shaken," says Anneka. "There was no cognitive clarity at all... Reality was skewed completely."

The physical design of the compound deepened their disorientation.

Rae proselytising for Synagogue Church of all Nations in one of their broadcasts - the disciples say they worked unpaid for the church for long hours each day

"It was a maze of staircases," says Rae.

In 2014, the construction cost lives. A six-storey guest house built for international guests collapsed, killing at least 116 people.

A subsequent local government report found structural failure and shoddy building work to be the cause of the collapse. No-one has ever been prosecuted.

Some of our interviewees told us they believe the death toll was significantly higher than reported, explaining that a number of Nigerian nationals who had been working on the guesthouse were not listed as victims, and that church members had botched rescue attempts and hidden bodies at night.

They say Joshua also prevented the emergency services from assisting rescue efforts in the immediate aftermath, ever aware of his public profile.

His grip on communication was always tight, our sources say.

Rae says it was only after she left that she realised that her family and friends had been sending her emails. She had never received them.

Joshua restricted disciples' access to phones and email accounts, our interviewees say.

"He wanted to control everybody, everything," says Agomoh Paul. "What he was really scrambling for [was] the control of people's minds."

The disciples say they were made to work, without pay, for long hours each day - running all aspects of the megachurch. All say sleep deprivation was routine, with lights left on in the dormitories at night.

Anneka says they never had more than four hours of sleep at a time.

Scoan continues to thrive today, under the leadership of Joshua's widow, Evelyn

If anyone was caught napping without permission, or contravening any other of Joshua's rules, they would be punished. Nineteen former disciples described witnessing violent attacks or torture within the compound, carried out by Joshua or on his orders.

Other disciples described being stripped and whipped themselves, with electrical cables and a horse whip known as a koboko. Among those allegedly targeted in this way were trainee disciples as young as seven.

The compound in Lagos had 12ft-high [3.7m] walls and armed guards. But what really kept the disciples there was the fanatical loyalty he generated, and deep-rooted fears instilled by Joshua about what might happen to them if they did escape.

"It was a psychological prison," says Rae. "It's extremely difficult to understand how somebody can go through psychological abuse to the extent that they lose their critical thinking."

"SCOAN fits the definition of a cult rather precisely," says Dr Alexandra Stein, an honorary fellow at the University of Sussex and member of The Family Survival Trust, which raises public awareness of cult groups.

She has encountered multiple SCOAN survivors, and says Joshua isolated his victims, putting them through "coercively controlling processes of stress, fear, guilt and shame". She adds this meant they became too frightened to leave.

All the BBC interviewees spoke of "brainwashing", "indoctrination" and "mind control" - and many described life as a disciple under Joshua as like being in a "cult".

Rae says for her, it is the psychological torture that has left the deepest scars. She says Joshua subjected her to a form of punishment known as "adaba" for two years, during which she was forbidden from leaving the compound, and nobody inside was allowed to talk to her.

"I was basically in total isolation… I had a complete breakdown," she says. "I tried to commit suicide five times."

Rae is now back in the UK after 12 years in the Scoan compound

In being pushed to the brink, something cracked in Rae's mind. Twelve years of indoctrination began to unravel.

"He made a huge mistake, he lost control of me," she says.

While travelling with the church on a tour to Mexico, Rae slipped away from the disciples. She never went back.

Her life is now very different. But she has to live with the disappointment that there is no way to hold Joshua to account.

"TB Joshua dying before facing justice for the atrocities he committed, has been deeply frustrating. It's only added to the gross sense of injustice felt by all of us as his victims."

We contacted SCOAN with the allegations in our investigation. They did not respond to them, but denied previous claims against TB Joshua.

"Making unfounded allegations against Prophet TB Joshua is not a new occurrence… None of the allegations was ever substantiated," they wrote.

Additional reporting by Maggie Andresen, Yemisi Adegoke and Ines Ward

BBC

TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened'

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Nackzy: 10:51am On Jan 16
They can never decieve me Church is business in Africa especially Nigeria, How can you be a true man of God n be using securities n bullet proof cars, you dey run from bandits n boko haram
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Righteousness2(m): 10:52am On Jan 16
I am not in a place to say if these accusations about the man is true or false.

What I know is that he was not pure!
His hands were soaked in high Diabolical / Deceptional Serpentile spiritual transactions.

I am privileged to know what took him. I believe in due season GOD himself will expose everything. But know that he didn't just go. There was a battle/ Encounter in the Spiritual realm that took him few days before he physically went.

Except he repented and made peace with JESUS CHRIST before he departed, he is gone .

Any pastor/ prophet or person who says he is of God is either a part of the Deception and serpentine transactions or is just a mere carnal being with no Spirituality .

We are in the Endtimes ! You have to be Conciously soaked in GOD and HIS Word so as not to be a part in the Hands of "Charlatans and prophet suddenlies"

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by IAMBOSS1990: 1:06pm On Jan 16
Righteousness2:
I am not in a place to say if these accusations about the man is true or false.

What I know is that he was not pure!
His hands were soaked in high Diabolical / Deceptional Serpentile spiritual transactions.

I am privileged to know what took him. I believe in due season GOD himself will expose everything. But know that he didn't just go. There was an battle in the Spiritual realm that took him few days before he physically went.

Except he repented and made peace with JESUS CHRIST before he departed, he is gone .

Any pastor/ prophet or person who says he is of God is either a part of the Deception and serpentine transactions or is just a mere carnal being with no Spirituality .

We are in the Endtimes ! You have to be Conciously soaked in GOD and HIS Word so as not to be a part in the Hands of "Charlatans and prophet suddenlies"
I follow your write-ups Sir.

You and OLAADEGBU. I really do think you mean to serve God in truth and spirit. However, I have a few questions about the approach of both of you to this T.B Joshua issue.

If you don't mind sparing a little of your time to educate me or rather enlighten me on certain questions that I have, I will be eternally grateful. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

My first question is:

Is it possible that you are completely wrong on who T.B Joshua is?

I would love scriptural references in your answers Sir. Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Emmabyte: 1:10pm On Jan 16
Hmm
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Benekkk: 2:18pm On Jan 16
God - “Read your Bible”
Men - “No!”
Result - False religion.
False prophets make enormous profits from selling products that false converts want to buy. Christianity has nothing to do with mega churches.
True Bible Christianity is unpopular-,Jesus said “deny yourself, take up your cross and follow me,” but you’re looking for magical prosperity!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by IAMBOSS1990: 5:57pm On Jan 16
Hello

OLAADEGBU & Righteousness2

Calvary greetings.

I suppose I am not getting any response from either of you. I will go ahead and give my thoughts on this issue.

First, it is possible for you to be Spirit filled and anointed but still get one or somethings wrong, if not for any other reason but for the fact that you are MAN. Even John the Baptist at some point missed something concerning the Lord:

Matt.11v2 - And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples

Matt.11v3 - and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?"

And the Lord responded

Matt.11.6 - And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."

I can only hope the reason you feel T.B. Joshua is diabolical is because you witnessed some of the diabolical things he did and you weighed them on the word of God and found them wanting.

It would be sad for you to hold your position based on hearsay or if you advanced the documentary of the BBC which has never been known to preach Christ. If the BBC was fair and unbiased, why not present both sides of the TB Joshua story, I mean interviewing those who are against him and those who are for him. That would have been more balanced and nuanced

Let's say T.B Joshua was diabolical, even though He claimed he preached Jesus Christ, Is it your place to judge another man's servant?

Matt.7 v1 - Do not judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.

Rom.14 v 4 - Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

If the Holy Spirit revealed it to you, Did the Spirit say you should come out and say the man was diabolical? What express commissions were you clearly given by the Spirit on T.B Joshua?

I mean no offence my seniors, I'm only asking questions.

Shalom and God bless. May we all find the truth. Amen.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by RightChannel: 6:22pm On Jan 16
IAMBOSS1990:
Hello

Calvary greetings.

I suppose I am not getting any response from either of you. I will go ahead and give my thoughts on this issue.

First, it is possible for you to be Spirit filled and anointed but still get one or somethings wrong, if not for any other reason but for the fact that you are MAN. Even John the Baptist at some point missed something concerning the Lord:

Matt.11v2 - And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples

Matt.11v3 - and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?"

And the Lord responded

I can only hope the reason you feel T.B. Joshua is diabolical is because you witnessed some of the diabolical things he did and you weighed them on the word of God and found them wanting.

It would be sad for you to hold your position based on hearsay or if you advanced the documentary of the BBC which has never been known to preach Christ. If the BBC was fair and unbiased, why not present both sides of the TB Joshua story, I mean interviewing those who are against him and those who are for him. That would have been more balanced and nuanced

Let's say T.B Joshua was diabolical, even though He claimed he preached Jesus Christ, Is it your place to judge another man's servant?

Matt.7 v1 - Do not judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.

Rom.14 v 4 - Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

If the Holy Spirit revealed it to you, Did the Spirit say you should come out and say the man was diabolical? What express commissions were you clearly given by the Spirit on T.B Joshua?

I love this, God bless you

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by The1960writer: 9:25pm On Jan 16
IAMBOSS1990:
Hello

1 Corinthians 5:11-12 NLT

'I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. 12-It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

I do think a lot of times, unbeknownst to us, scriptures are taken out of the context they were written in, especially in those moments we seek to prove our points.

First of all, my aim is not to talk about late Joshua. You see, in Matthew 7:1, studying the subsequent verses, we understand that Jesus tells us not to condemn others of the same behaviour we are guilty of, else we too would be judged/condemned for that same thing. Hence, the illustration of the log in the eye and speck. In other words, get rid of that sin and then you can be in a better place to constructively "criticise" them.

In Roman 14:4, I think it's obvious Paul was referring to God's servants indeed, not impostors who camouflage to be God's servants.

In Galatians 2:11-14, Paul opposes Peter (who became an apostle before him) to his face and even calls him a hypocrite for eating with gentiles and then later shunning them when he saw other Jews.

Going by Paul's act today will definitely be a disaster and many will be quick to say as well, 'Judge not, Paul!'. Perhaps if Peter were a today's G.O., he would call Paul disrespectful and then tell his congregants to quit reading Paul's Epistles.

The summary of this is to we are meant to judge/correct/rebuke with love those among us who indulge themselves in evil desires (if we are not guilty of the same thing).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by IAMBOSS1990: 9:54pm On Jan 16
The1960writer:

1 Corinthians 5:11-12 NLT

'I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. 12-It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

I do think a lot of times, unbeknownst to us, scriptures are taken out of the context they were written in, especially in those moments we seek to prove our points.

First of all, my aim is not to talk about late Joshua. You see, in Matthew 7:1, studying the subsequent verses, we understand that Jesus tells us not to condemn others of the same behaviour we are guilty of, else we too would be judged/condemned for that same thing. Hence, the illustration of the log in the eye and speck. In other words, get rid of that sin and then you can be in a better place to constructively "criticise" them.

In Roman 14:4, I think it's obvious Paul was referring to God's servants indeed, not impostors who camouflage to be God's servants.

In Galatians 2:11-14, Paul opposes Peter (who became an apostle before him) to his face and even calls him a hypocrite for eating with gentiles and then later shunning them when he saw other Jews.

Going by Paul's act today will definitely be a disaster and many will be quick to say as well, 'Judge not, Paul!'. Perhaps if Peter were a today's G.O., he would call Paul disrespectful and then tell his congregants to quit reading Paul's Epistles.

The summary of this is to we are meant to judge/correct/rebuke with love those among us who indulge themselves in evil desires (if we are not guilty of the same thing).

Thank you for your contribution, may God help us all to know him more and understand what to do at all times in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16
The Pharisees sought witnesses to stand against Jesus but they found none until two came up but even their accounts still did not agree.

Pilate who handed over Jesus to be crucified litterally washed his hands in a bowl of water before doing so, because he didn't want to be guilty of an innocent man's death.

Even Judas the only disciple who betrayed Jesus, felt so guilty after He was condemned, to the extent he went back to return the money he received to betray Jesus because he said he had betrayed an innocent man.

It's ridiculous how some could possibly find any basis of comparison with Judas' instance with Jesus and that of many of TB Joshua's former disciples coming out to testify against him.

Really crazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56am On Jan 17
jesusjnr2020:

The Pharisees sought witnesses to stand against Jesus but they found none until two came up but even their accounts still did not agree.
Are you now using what i taught you on your thread or you're just here to play?
The same goes to TB Joshua's case there hasn't been found TWO WITNESSES speaking in agreement on a particular incident so what each accuser is saying is independent thought that's not substantial enough to make a decisive conclusion on the man's case!

jesusjnr2020:

It's ridiculous how some could possibly find any basis of comparison with Judas' instance with Jesus and that of many of TB Joshua's former disciples coming out to testify against him.
All the false witnesses brought up against Jesus were his former disciples who angrily left him because they thought he was a cultist {John 6:66} they concluded that Jesus was into cannibalism for saying they should eat his flesh and drink his blood so when called upon to witness against him most of them gladly came to testify but their testimonies was never in agreement.
WHY?
Because they were instigated to do so therefore they can't figure out how to make a sound witness against an innocent man.
TB Joshua is not a worshiper of my God and the same goes to all of you but then you can't judge him when no court of law or God's word is not involved!
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:01am On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

Are you now using what i taught you on your thread or you're just here to play?
The same goes to TB Joshua's case there hasn't been found TWO WITNESSES speaking in agreement on a particular incident so what each accuser is saying is independent thought that's not substantial enough to make a decisive conclusion on the man's case!

All the false witnesses brought up against Jesus were his former disciples who angrily left him because they thought he was a cultist {John 6:66} they concluded that Jesus was into cannibalism for saying they should eat his flesh and drink his blood so when called upon to witness against him most of them gladly came to testify but their testimonies was never in agreement.
WHY?
Because they were instigated to do so therefore they can't figure out how to make a sound witness against an innocent man.
TB Joshua is not a worshiper of my God and the same goes to all of you but then you can't judge him when no court of law or God's word is not involved!
You didn't need to split the post to confuse yourself, because it actually corrects the utter foolishness and ignorance of trying to use sinless/guiltless Jesus to defend serial rapists, murderers, abusers, liars, paedophiles etc.

Only antichrists and blasphemers of God as the JWs do that!

You obviously have a habit of defending the convicted criminals in your group, so not surprised that you're also defending your evil brother from another cult, but of the same father, the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50am On Jan 17
jesusjnr2020:

You didn't need to split the post to confuse yourself, because it actually corrects the utter foolishness and ignorance of trying to use sinless/guiltless Jesus to defend serial rapists, murderers, abusers, liars, paedophiles etc.
Only antichrists and blasphemers of God as the JWs do that! You obviously have a habit of defending the convicted criminals in your group, so not surprised that you're also defending your evil brother from another cult, but of the same father, the devil.

Accusing others with passion doesn't show a sense of maturity that's why i used the full strength of God's word to show you God's view on such matters but it's OK if you don't have regard for God's word you can continue following the crowd with malicious intent! Exodus 23:1-2

I'm not defending anyone here what i'm saying is we need to go by God's standard in judging matters so if you're a true believer use God's word to prove your stand not just calling your neighbour "rapists, murderers, abusers, liars, paedophiles" when you can't prove it.

Jesus said:

“Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged, and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you" Matthew 7:1-2

Christ Jesus wasn't telling us not to call a spade "a spade" but then are you 100% sure?

Because the type of judgement you render to others by concluding without verification will also come back to you one day, you will also fall into the hands of accusers and that day no one with sound reasoning will come to your rescue all what you will see is people who are quick in judging without thorough investigation.

That day you will remember what i'm telling you now. undecided

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

Accusing others with passion doesn't show a sense of maturity that's why i used the full strength of God's word to show you God's view on such matters but it's OK if you don't have regard for God's word you can continue following the crowd with malicious intent! Exodus 23:1-2

I'm not defending anyone here what i'm saying is we need to go by God's standard in judging matters so if you're a true believer use God's word to prove your stand not just calling your neighbour "rapists, murderers, abusers, liars, paedophiles" when you can't prove it.

Jesus said:

“Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged, and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you" Matthew 7:1-2

Christ Jesus wasn't telling us not to call a spade "a spade" but then are you 100% sure?

Because the type of judgement you render to others by concluding without verification will also come back to you one day, you will also fall into the hands of accusers and that day no one with sound reasoning will come to your rescue all what you will see is people who are quick in judging without thorough investigation.

That day you will remember what i'm telling you now. undecided
Says who the hypocrite who goes from thread to thread doing nothing else but judging the posts and comments of others, calling them unbelievers because they simply don't believe or aren't part of the JWs, while seeing the convicted criminals (Paedophiles, rapists, etc.) of JWs as the only true Christians regardless of their crimes just because they belong to your organisation.

And you want to teach me about what Jesus says? You're not qualified to do so for bringing His Holy Name to disrepute.

You're judgmental just as everyone else, but if you say you're not, it's because you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Jesus Himself says He judges but His judgment is true. John 18:6

That's the difference between Us and the likes of you who judge falsely, calling convicted and bonafide criminals, innocent, just because they belong to your cult.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17
jesusjnr2020:
Says who the hypocrite who goes from thread to thread doing nothing else but judging the posts and comments of others, calling them unbelievers because they simply don't believe or aren't part of the JWs, while seeing the convicted criminals (Paedophiles, rapists, etc.) of JWs as the only true Christians regardless of their crimes just because they belong to your organisation.

And you want to teach me about what Jesus says? You're not qualified to do so for bringing His Holy Name to disrepute.

You're judgmental just as everyone else, but if you say you're not, it's because you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Jesus Himself says He judges but His judgment is true. John 18:6

That's the difference between Us and the likes of you who judge falsely, calling convicted and bonafide criminals, innocent, just because they belong to your cult.

Guy you have no regard for God's word so there's no need arguing further just know that Jesus will never ever judge anyone without following the standard set by God.

Jesus said he will not do a single thing out of his own initiative he always follow God's direction. John 5:30 smiley
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

Guy you have no regard for God's word so there's no need arguing further just know that Jesus will never ever judge anyone without following the standard set by God.

Jesus said he will not do a single thing out of his own initiative he always follow God's direction. John 5:30 smiley
I feel disgusted hearing you continuing to talk about Jesus because Jesus didn't call thieves, murderers, liars, rapists, paedophiles, oppressors of the poor, etc., "innocent" and "true Christians", "prophets of God" as you do.

He called them a "wicked and adulterous generation", "brood of vipers", "thieves", "whitewashed sepulchres", "devils", "murderers", "false prophets" etc., by their fruits.

But you obviously hate and despise Jesus so much, you want to insult and debase Him at every opportunity. That's why you judge Him falsely to be angel Michael regardless of how insane that sounds when compared to what the Bible actually says about Him. And you want to teach me how to judge others? Please give me a break!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17
jesusjnr2020:

I feel disgusted hearing you continuing to talk about Jesus because Jesus didn't call thieves, murderers, liars, rapists, paedophiles, oppressors of the poor, etc., "innocent" and "true Christians", "prophets of God" as you do.
He called them a "wicked and adulterous generation", "brood of vipers", "thieves", "whitewashed sepulchres", "devils", "murderers", "false prophets" etc., by their fruits.
But you obviously hate and despise Jesus so much, you want to insult and debase Him at every opportunity. That's why you judge Him falsely to be angel Michael regardless of how insane that sounds when compared to what the Bible actually says about Him. And you want to teach me how to judge others? Please give me a break!

Where you got it all wrong was comparing TB Joshua to Pharisees!

Let me enlighten you a bit on that.

In Jesus' day all Jews must attend meetings in the same temple so there's no options for any Jew who feel different regarding the attitude of their religious leaders that's why Jesus also can't worship elsewhere apart from the temple but here in Nigeria you're not forced to worship in the synagogues where TB Joshua is the founder.
In Jesus' day the Pharisees were the same people ruling over the Jews so it's difficult for any Jew to stand against whatever they do but here in Nigeria TB Joshua is not even the local counselor in his neighbourhood so he has no authority over your choice.
In Jesus' day whoever is not recognized by the Pharisees is like a walking corpse therefore all reputable Jews are trying to gain their approval but here in Nigeria TB Joshua only has authority inside his own church which he must be careful not to misuse otherwise he could be reported and arrested like Reverend King.
In Jesus' day Pharisees weren't performing any miracles neither was any other religious group even John the baptist never performed one single miracle but here in Nigeria thousands are claiming they perform miracles in different religions.

So my guy how is TB Joshua an oppressor?
Ọmọ the guy opened his shop and you moved in there to patronize him therefore if you are now shouting "oppression" were you forced to go there?
Is there no other religious center?
Can he do anything to you if you don't attend his church?

Guy you know nothing about God's word so let the matter rest as long as TB Joshua's case is concerned neither you nor any of your so called pastors can judge him because he never forced anyone they willingly went to him! smiley
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Emusan(m): 4:09pm On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

You always proof us right for calling you an hypocrite.

Look @color part.

Hasn't COURT OF LAW convicted Watchtower for what TB Joshua is accused of?

Yet you believe TB Joshua who was just accused without any court of law conviction is not a WORSHIPPER OF your God but the people who have been convicted by a competent court of law are the ones God is using and you're serving the same God with.

Just continue... grin cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

Where you got it all wrong was comparing TB Joshua to Pharisees!

Let me enlighten you a bit on that.

In Jesus' day all Jews must attend meetings in the same temple so there's no options for any Jew who feel different regarding the attitude of their religious leaders that's why Jesus also can't worship elsewhere apart from the temple but here in Nigeria you're not forced to worship in the synagogues where TB Joshua is the founder.
In Jesus' day the Pharisees were the same people ruling over the Jews so it's difficult for any Jew to stand against whatever they do but here in Nigeria TB Joshua is not even the local counselor in his neighbourhood so he has no authority over your choice.
In Jesus' day whoever is not recognized by the Pharisees is like a walking corpse therefore all reputable Jews are trying to gain their approval but here in Nigeria TB Joshua only has authority inside his own church which he must be careful not to misuse otherwise he could be reported and arrested like Reverend King.
In Jesus' day Pharisees weren't performing any miracles neither was any other religious group even John the baptist never performed one single miracle but here in Nigeria thousands are claiming they perform miracles in different religions.

So my guy how is TB Joshua an oppressor?
Ọmọ the guy opened his shop and you moved in there to patronize him therefore if you are now shouting "oppression" were you forced to go there?
Is there no other religious center?
Can he do anything to you if you don't attend his church?

Guy you know nothing about God's word so let the matter rest as long as TB Joshua's case is concerned neither you nor any of your so called pastors can judge him because he never forced anyone they willingly went to him! smiley
Someone who judges Jesus falsely to be angel Michael wants to educate someone else on how to judge others.

I am not going to waste any more time trying to correct you because it's just like pouring water into a basket and still expecting it to hold.

You need to first of all repent, humbly go on your knees before Jesus and ask Him to forgive you of all your blasphemy and lies you've spoken against Him because you didn't know what you were doing.

Next, you ask Him to remove any demon of JWs that has blinded your judgment so you can't judge people a right.

After He's delivered you from the spirit of the antichrist, bad judgment, hypocrisy and falsehood, you possessed from your organisation, then you can get back to me to talk about judgment.

Until then, kindly hold your peace.

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51pm On Jan 17
jesusjnr2020:

Someone who judges Jesus falsely to be angel Michael wants to educate someone else on how to judge others.

I am not going to waste any more time trying to correct you because it's just like pouring water into a basket and still expecting it to hold.

You need to first of all repent, humbly go on your knees before Jesus and ask Him to forgive you of all your blasphemy and lies you've spoken against Him because you didn't know what you were doing.

Next, you ask Him to remove any demon of JWs that has blinded your judgment so you can't judge people a right.

After He's delivered you from the spirit of the antichrist, bad judgment, hypocrisy and falsehood, you possessed from your organisation, then you can get back to me to talk about judgment.

Until then, kindly hold your peace.

Ọmọ if you don't know what the scriptures say about God's standard it's OK but for you to change the subject i won't allow you.
So if you've admitted to have wronged the dead man God bless you it's unscriptural using the name of someone you never knew one on one in a bad light.
TB Joshua is not a worshiper of my own God yet even though he is dead the right thing is that he needs to be heard before anyone can judge him. John 7:51
In the court of law if more than 1,000 people are accusing one single person but two out of the thousand can't agree on one incident then all their accusations will be trashed that's what i want you to know! smiley
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Ken4Christ: 9:06pm On Jan 17
IAMBOSS1990:
Hello

Calvary greetings.

And the Lord responded

Let me answer you. Even without these allegations, I have always know that T B Joshua was not a man of God for over 20 years before he died.

First, a true man of God does not make merchandise of people in the guise of performing miracles. When I knew he was selling so called, anointed water, I knew he was not a servant of God. Our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, freely you have received, freely give.

Second, in all my years of watching his TV programmes, I have never seen where he ever made an altar call to lead people to Chirst. A true servant of God will focus primarily on the salvation of souls.

Third, each time members give testimonies of miracles and healings, they always give glory to the anointed water they administered. God alone deserves to receive all the glory.

Fourth, in my opinion, I have never heard him preach or teach a sound message. A true servant of God should have a message.

Fifth, he has no spiritual root. No record of when he got born again and how he got born again. No record of any living church he served before starting his ministry.

Sixth, the collapse of the building where people lost their lives further strengthened my belief that he was not a servant of God. He gave prophecies of what will happen in different places and countries but couldn't see what was coming in his own vineyard.

So, when all these allegations began to come in, I wasn't surprised.

TB Joshua was never a true servant of God. And his loyal disciples he left before should be closely watched so that many more lives will not be damaged.

No parent should release their children to stay in the compound under the guise of a disciple. In fact, they should send everyone who stays in that compound back to their parents.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by Ken4Christ: 9:11pm On Jan 17
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ if you don't know what the scriptures say about God's standard it's OK but for you to change the subject i won't allow you.
So if you've admitted to have wronged the dead man God bless you it's unscriptural using the name of someone you never knew one on one in a bad light.
TB Joshua is not a worshiper of my own God yet even though he is dead the right thing is that he needs to be heard before anyone can judge him. John 7:51
In the court of law if more than 1,000 people are accusing one single person but two out of the thousand can't agree on one incident then all their accusations will be trashed that's what i want you to know! smiley

You are so ignorant. Testimony of just two persons is enough to establish a case. It's just for the purpose of fairness that the judge demands more witnesses. Our Lord Jesus said that in the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word is established.

Meanwhile, I love to remind you that Jehovah Witness is a false Christian organization worse than even T B Joshua.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17
IAMBOSS1990:
Hello

Calvary greetings.

And the Lord responded

Follow this live video broadcast and hear from eyewitnesses themselves for your eyes to open and for you to smell the coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVn9ceTPT4s
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17
Ken4Christ:

You are so ignorant. Testimony of just two persons is enough to establish a case. It's just for the purpose of fairness that the judge demands more witnesses. Our Lord Jesus said that in the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word is established.

So which of the accusations against TB Joshua have you found TWO WITNESSES? smiley

Misinformed churchgoer, all those accusing the man are talking each about herself alone with no other witnesses! smiley
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41am On Jan 18
MaxInDHouse:

So which of the accusations against TB Joshua have you found TWO WITNESSES? smiley

Misinformed churchgoer, all those accusing the man are talking each about herself alone with no other witnesses! smiley

Tani eshin shin i ba gbe....? undecided Birds of a feather.
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50am On Jan 18
IAMBOSS1990:

I follow your write-ups Sir.

You and OLAADEGBU. I really do think you mean to serve God in truth and spirit. However, I have a few questions about the approach of both of you to this T.B Joshua issue.

If you don't mind sparing a little of your time to educate me or rather enlighten me on certain questions that I have, I will be eternally grateful. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

My first question is:

Is it possible that you are completely wrong on who T.B Joshua is?

I would love scriptural references in your answers Sir. Thank you and God bless.

Perhaps you will appreciate this 'eyewitness' account. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPirsujWnMk
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:28am On Jan 18
MaxInDHouse:

Is Jesus angel Michael?

Answer that question first to prove your judgement is no longer antichrist.

Someone who falsely judges Jesus to be angel Michael is not qualified to speak about how to judge others.

Remove the mountain that blinded your eyes first before you think of removing the mole in the eyes of others.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37am On Jan 18
OLAADEGBU:

Tani eshin shin i ba gbe....? undecided Birds of a feather.
You're a Pharisee!
Jesus doesn't take sides either with complaint or the accused all he does is tell the truth as found in God's word.
So i asked all of you again:

Which of all those accusing this man has any witness apart from themselves alone each making her complaint if you're believers in the judicial system set by God Himself?
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44am On Jan 18
jesusjnr2020:

Is Jesus angel Michael?
Answer that question first to prove your judgement is no longer antichrist.
Someone who falsely judges Jesus to be angel Michael is not qualified to speak about how to judge others.
Remove the mountain that blinded your eyes first before you think of removing the mole in the eyes of others.
I've told you that you can't change the subject if you've repented from castigating an accused without following scriptural guidelines God will bless you but if you're just following the aimless crowd then i pity you! Exodus 23:1-2
Whatever i believe about Jesus' prehuman existence has nothing to do with this matter if you have any regard for God's word then do the right thing and stand out as one who believes in the Bible not just following what the different accusers are saying.

I have not judged anyone here rather i'm here to present God's viewpoint on matters like this so if you want it good but if not OK all i'm doing is presenting the viewpoint of an unbiased PERSON who is not siding anyone: GOD
Re: TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49am On Jan 18
MaxInDHouse:

You're a Pharisee!
Jesus doesn't take sides either with complaint or the accused all he does is tell the truth as found in God's word.
So i asked all of you again:

Which of all those accusing this man has any witness apart from themselves alone each making her complaint if you're believers in the judicial system set by God Himself?

What part of the eyewitness accounts do you want to refute?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Date A Christian Brother/ Sister In The Same Church With You ? / Why Doesn't God Ever Answer Prayers? / What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.