Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Give Up What You Can Never Gain For What You Can Never Lose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Up What You Can Never Gain For What You Can Never Lose (62 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / ❤️❤️❤️ You Can Never Lose Your Salvation / Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give Up What You Can Never Gain For What You Can Never Lose by topshore(f): 1:05pm On Jan 16
Scripture Text: Hebrews 11:10

The Bible says in Mathew 6: 19-21: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, where thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be"

Brethren this morning, God is asking us to give up what we cannot gain for what we cannot lose. What we cannot gain are the things we store up on earth but vanish immediately when we depart from earth. What we cannot lose is Jesus Christ and Eternal life with God.

Why We should Give up What We Cannot Gain For What We Cannot Lose

1. We brought nothing to this world, and it is certain that we are not going out of this world with anything- 1 Timothy 6:7-12
2. It has been appointed for a man to die once, after death is judgement- Hebrews 9:27
3. This present earth and all that is in it will be destroyed with fire- 2 Peter 3:7
4. No matter how long we live on earth, Eternity is longer.
5. Every life whose foundation is not in Christ shall collapse.
6. There is no other foundation except the one laid in Christ Jesus- 1 Corinthians 3:11-13
7. The only One we can hold on to not to sink in this world is Jesus Christ.
8. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and every other thing shall be added unto you- Mathew 6:33
9. We should seek, as children of Abraham blessed in Christ Jesus, the City which Makes, Builder and Foundation is God! Hebrews 11:14
10. Making your heart right with God connects you to Jesus Christ and Eternal life.

Jesus Christ is the One we can never lose. This world will pass away, people and their wealth will go and they will lose all treasures but Jesus Christ is the One whom we cannot lose and also gives Eternal life.

Examine your heart today. Is your heart right with God? Are you gathering the treasures of this world and not striving to seek the City, whose God is the Maker, Builder and Foundation? Heaven is real and so is hell.

Today make a decision to give up the things of this world for Eternal life in Christ Jesus!

God bless you in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus. In Jesus Mighty Name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.K Olukoya message, Jan 2024.

(1) (Reply)

Torment Darkness / Solution Encounters / Loosing The Grip Of Sin By Soibi Versatile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.