Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is Mourinho's Third Season Syndrome Now A Fact? By Soibi Versatile - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mourinho's Third Season Syndrome Now A Fact? By Soibi Versatile (105 Views)

Mourinho's Third Season Jinx / Would Mourinho Survive The 3rd Season Syndrome By Soibi Polymath / Is Mourinho Still Top 5 Best Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Mourinho's Third Season Syndrome Now A Fact? By Soibi Versatile by Dailymemoirs4: 5:28pm On Jan 16
Is Mourinho’s Third Season Syndrome now a fact ?

By Soibi Versatile

Jose Mourinho has been handed his marching orders by AS Roma in what may be another proof of his third season syndrome challenge. The former Chelsea boss was dismissed this morning after a miserable start to the season in which Roma are 9th in the Seria A table, five points behind Champions League spot and out of the Coppa Italia just midway through the season.

Mourinho had previously denied the third season syndrome challenge ever existed but with recent dismissals with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United and now AS Roma he has got nowhere to hide over this theory with the evidence now too reoccurring.

” I didn’t have a third season at Porto. In my third season at Chelsea I won the League Cup and FA Cup. I didn’t have a third season at Inter and at Real Madrid I won the Super Cup in my third season so it doesn’t makes sense to talk about a third season syndrome”

It can also be recalled that the 60 year old returned to Stamford Bridge in 2013 and won the League in his second season only to get dismissed in his third season again as a result of poor results with Chelsea lying in 16th place.

Mourinho at the start of the 2023/2024 season was willing to admit that his side were having their worst start in three years but also that they had over achieved by reaching two European finals.
Mourinho also said this week that Roma fans were expecting too much from as if he were Harry Potter the magician, a statement that did not resonate well with the board perhaps leading to his dismissal.

” The Roma fans are the most incredible I have seen. Their coach is Jose ‘Harry Potter’ Mourinho and he raises expectations,” Mourinho said [via ESPN]. “I don’t know how many derbies I’ve played, 200, 150, they are always special matches. I’ve won, I’ve drawn, I’ve lost, always with a different experience.

What is synonymous with this sack is the fact that Mourinho has had a history of loosing his job or having his team underperform whenever it is the Portuguese’s third season in charge of a team.

Roma are the latest victims of this trend and it is now obvious where the problem lies. Roma fans called out Mourinho and the players some months ago when they walked towards the away stand after their last game as they chanted “Show us respect,” “Show some balls,” and “Enough of this sh*t.”

It can be recalled that Mourinho was dismissed in his third season at Manchester united and at Spurs where Mourinho had said in his unveiling that he had learned his mistakes but it didn’t turn out well either with the Portuguese getting a sack 17 months into the job and a cup final few days away.

Mourinho who has had a great reputation for winning silverware wherever he goes has been shown the door despite claiming he has the trust of the Roma board. Mourinho led Roma to the maiden edition of the Europa Conference league trophy and the Europa league final loosing to Sevilla on penalties. The club today released a statement on his sack.

We thank Jose on behalf of all of us at AS Roma for the passion and commitment he has shown since his arrival in the Giallorossi,” a club statement read upon his departure.

“We will always have great memories of his stewardship, but we believe that, in the best interests of the Club, immediate change is necessary.

“We wish José and his collaborators the best for the future.”

With Mourinho’s recent dismissals will it be fair to say the third season syndrome is now a reality no longer a suspicion. I believe time has already answered that question.

Soibi Versatile is Daily Memoirs Chief Writer.
Re: Is Mourinho's Third Season Syndrome Now A Fact? By Soibi Versatile by Malroux: 5:38pm On Jan 16
His covenant with his god.

(1) (Reply)

2024 AFCON: Ivory Coast 0 Vs 1 Nigeria, Highlights / Victor Osimhen Wins Man-of-the-match Award; Says Super Eagles Deserved Victory A / AFCON 2023 Highlights Senegal 3-1 Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.