Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde (29572 Views)

Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — / Binani’s Acceptance Speech Confirms She’s Party To Illegal Declaration – Falana / PDP Tells Buhari He Has Handed The Presidential Villa To Illegal Occupants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Rhozabeth(m): 9:57am On Jan 17
Iur disaster/emergency management response in this country is abysmally poor! This is an area the federal and state governments do not pay attention to. The only state that has an emergency response plan that is a bit better is Lagos state, even the Lagos state reaponse sef still slow!
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by bukatyne(f): 10:02am On Jan 17
laurel03:
They mine outskirts Ibadan but reside in Ibadan.. majority of them are not Nigeria and they have been doing that business over 30years in Ibadan.

How do non-Nigerians come into a city (not even a boundary city) and mine resources illegally for years?

Is that how useless our country is? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by bukatyne(f): 10:03am On Jan 17
Franzinni:
What if ... Just what if it was a distraction? To drown out a topic that has started gaining momentum nationally. ... Well, we will never know .

What topic is that?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by goldmatrix(m): 10:10am On Jan 17
This is another problem with Nigeria. Someone would just sit in his office and decide who and what should be blamed in a case of such magnitude without investigations..
Any country in the world be it 3rd world or 1st, apart from Nigeria would first conduct proper investigation with subject matter experts to unearthed the why, how and way forward, before going public.
Nigeria like in all our courts from Supreme to customary would provide answers before question..
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Desmondum: 10:16am On Jan 17
Co-wonder
bukatyne:

How do non-Nigerians come into a city (not even a boundary city) and mine resources illegally for years?

Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by bukatyne(f): 10:18am On Jan 17
laurel03:
Those guys are fucking rich.. They have precious stones market at ojoo Ibadan which they export to thailand honkong and other countries from there.

Ha!

What kind of uselessness is this?

God comfort the families of the dead and grant speedy recovery to the injured.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Jan 17
Hectroy:
Often times these dynamites are used to blast the rocky earth layers while digging well. Mr. governor is very capable. It's a sad day as we pray for peaceful rest for those who lost their life and speedy recovery for the injured.

Wells that we fetch water from or another type of well.........
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Lexusgs430: 10:21am On Jan 17
laurel03:
Those guys are fucking rich.. They have precious stones market at ojoo Ibadan which they export to thailand honkong and other countries from there.

I thought that minister, banned all this activities.......
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by laurel03(m): 10:58am On Jan 17
bukatyne:

Around 2002 i was talking with one of them and was telling me that their father has been doing that mining precious stones far back early 80s in jos and environment... So that means its decades biz
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Udoboss(m): 11:05am On Jan 17
Fryx:

I just feel the vibrations. My bathroom door got opened and the house shook.

I concluded it can’t be bomb cause bomb don’t affect large areas like that. Bomb effect is usually concentrated. But if it is a chain reaction from several explosive, then it is plausible.

Alright....the chain reaction is why ruled out gas..

My house shook...I felt my roof was going to pull out..
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Rolings: 11:06am On Jan 17
LoveJesus87:
what are they minning there?

There's a BIG precious stone market close by
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Manpasman: 11:09am On Jan 17
They have send him to divert pples attention. Oh God of Israel save this country now!!!!!!!
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Olabode211: 11:15am On Jan 17
This governor is biting is tongue jare.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by PoloG: 11:15am On Jan 17
Eazie351:
In my opinion eh, if it was a gas explosion from the station, it would’ve been more deadly.

The shock waves may not even have travelled that far but you see the immediate vicinity? They’re toast there.

My brother’s neighbor was a victim of this as an undergrad.

Dude’s gas was leaking and he didn’t know. The resulting effect not only shattered his windows and others, he suffered a large degree of burns all over his body and there was no fire
if to say na gas, casualty for done pass 100
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Boyooosa(m): 12:04pm On Jan 17
sixthsensekids:

I love your logic

And addition, where else is explosives kept in ibadan.

Or we should still wait another explotion

Those are concerns for me not all these their bring to book format
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Boyooosa(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17
NinjaMetahuman:
it could be those dynamites used in breaking rocks etc.

Someone said it yesterday when the news started after the explosion.

But we really need to know full details and full detailed investigation.

Definitely, that's what it would be....dynamites used in quarry used to break rocks
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Boyooosa(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17
laurel03:
They are many in Bodija now... you know they see huge money from that prescious stone biz but they mine outskirts the town especially Oke Ogun axis

You mean mining sites in bodija or the (illegal) miners?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by BenedictAbajue(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17
Pls what are they mining sef?

What mineral resource is that?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by dreamwords: 12:17pm On Jan 17
Lexusgs430:
Exactly what are they mining and where.........
skull
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by safariman(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17
goldmatrix:
This is another problem with Nigeria. Someone would just sit in his office and decide who and what should be blamed in a case of such magnitude without investigations..
Any country in the world be it 3rd world or 1st, apart from Nigeria would first conduct proper investigation with subject matter experts to unearthed the why, how and way forward, before going public.
Nigeria like in all our courts from Supreme to customary would provide answers before question..

Governor Makinde is a shoot first and ask questions later gov. Sensible government will wait for at a minimum preliminary investigation before stating the cause of the blast. Let forensic investigation and analysis take place first. Don't put up your answers and then make it fit the cause. GSM, please don't build on the Agodi Gardens, explore its potential as a nature's reserve. These guys (govt officials) travel abroad and they see how they maintain parks that even bring in money for the government and related businesses for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Proffdada: 1:37pm On Jan 17
Anguldi:

Dead this talk undecided iffahear

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-explosion-in-akure-many-houses-destroyed/amp

Late Governor Akedorulu and commissioner of police acknowledged dynamite explosion
It was a cover-up . Those who arrived there early on site said otherwise. They don't want people to know what really went down
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by mofaderera116: 1:58pm On Jan 17
OkOk...
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Cromagnon: 2:52pm On Jan 17
kniru:
Illegal mining indeed, were the explosives locally made or imported, How come such illegal item is stored in bodija without any of the security agencies knowing…Mr governor, shine your eyes oo, na from clap dance dey start.
did you tell them? How will they know? You go school na
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by TYCO77: 3:29pm On Jan 17
[color=#000099][/color]
Nigercity:
What are the mining?
I think it's to early to start saying stuff on media, till a proper investigation has been carried out

If actually they incident was caused by illegal miners, then those involved and those sponsoring them, should face justice

Could be gold which is in commercial quantity in Oyo state.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by anthropizzy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 17
laurel03:
those miner are buying expensive houses in that area now.. they mine outskirt of Ibadan... especially okeogun area and the largest precious stone market in Nigeria is ojoo Ibadan. Most of them are Senegal, Gambia and Mali.

Please are you for real?

Foreigners are mining in south West illegally?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by oluwatofunmi70s: 5:18pm On Jan 17
God have mercy on their souls.God have mercy on their souls....
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by LoveJesus87(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17
Rolings:

There's a BIG precious stone market close by
wow
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by kniru: 2:50pm On Jan 18
Cromagnon:
did you tell them? How will they know? You go school na

Making excuses for criminals…So security agencies are supposed to be informed before any illegal activity start abi
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Cromagnon: 3:27pm On Jan 19
kniru:

Making excuses for criminals…So security agencies are supposed to be informed before any illegal activity start abi
Ehn ehn
They will magically know that 2 guys are smoking igbo in your area
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Mycometp3(m): 11:54am On Jan 20
Come on dumbass... Why the insult ... Go to oluyoro and confirm ode
pafun:

Gbenu e sohun. Why don't you go and kill more people so that they will reach your own estimate.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by pafun(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20
Mycometp3:
Come on dumbass... Why the insult ... Go to oluyoro and confirm ode

Which one be my own? Sebi na you dem done curse to dey go count deadbody up and down.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde by Mycometp3(m): 10:13pm On Jan 21
E no go better for your generation..oloriburuku
pafun:

Which one be my own? Sebi na you dem done curse to dey go count deadbody up and down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Under Fire / Military To Begin Operation Crocodile Smile In Ogun State / Nigerian Soldier Missing For 8 Months After Being Deployed To Lake Chad. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.