Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental (15011 Views)

Nigerian Supporters Club Still On The Road From Ivory Coast, Bus Spoils In Ghana / Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe / See Why Kelechi Is Iheanacho's Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ThunderFireAgba: 2:59pm On Jan 17
[quote author=Olaasunky1 post=127987746][/quote]
If you don't have manners, never ever quote me again in this forum. I don't reply to dimwits.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Olaasunky1: 3:00pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:

Onyeka will. If bassey plays left back too, he will play the zinchenko role and play 2 positions to drop and assist onyeka

Yusuf is a huge doubt.. he was injured in the last game
He has resumed training, it was a minor injury..
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Olaasunky1: 3:00pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:

If you don't have manners, never ever quote me again in this forum. I don't reply to dimwits.
You are senseless..
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Kinzo0917(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17
saintbillion:
As long as Tinubu is still the President. Forget about winning any trophy.

I am from south/east but na Tinubu dey play the ball?

Election has come and gone. Let forget all these bitterness bro. Let pray 🙏 for a better nigeria 🇳🇬

I believe is God that wants Tinubu to be the president if not, he would not have won

What makes you think if our man and brother Obi would ve done any better?

No vex o if my words are offensive to you. Please am sorry

1 Like

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Kinzo0917(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17
Flango:
smiley

In that first game, all I was looking out for was if the players care enough. I thought they did. I liked how Osimhen took the ball immediately after the equalizer to restart quickly rather than celebrate. It showed he wanted to win. The tactical side may be deficient, but these boys will beat Ivory Coast.

I have no doubt about it.

I would ve preferred the coach starts yusuf in the hole instead of Onyeka

My thought 💭 though
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Kinzo0917(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
***********Osimhen**********

*Simon - Iheanacho - Chukwueze*

*********Iwobi - Yusuf*********

**Aina - Ekong - Awaziem - Zaidu*

************Nwabali**********

100% spot on. Yusuf for Onyeka. That guy is a revelation. A bit like kante. He is very physical and strong
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Beuberry(f): 3:24pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:
This is an opinion.

Although I cannot do anything to influence the coach's decision on the team's setup and formation in tomorrow's must win or draw match against the AFCON host, as a Nigerian tired of subpar performances and hoping to see our nation go beyond the group stage and even lift the trophy, a decade after achieving that feat, I feel I have a singular responsibility to suggest a lineup and tactics that will work in case anyone cares to listen.

I watched Ivory coast's game in the opening match and like every other Nigerian, I watched Nigeria's game too.

Ours was a disappointing result and only a win or draw versus the host nation is acceptable.

Of course, ivory coast will not be here to play all 90 mins long.

The bright side of our game against equitorial guinea was the inclusion of certain players who were fun to watch and gave the game any semblance of life- Osimhen, lookman, iwobi and Aina.

Cote d'Ivoire wants to win and they are going to press high all game long. The only technical player we can rely on to give iwobi a helping hand in creativity and chance conversion is senior man kelechi.

I was surprised he was an unused substitute in Nigeria's opening match and that must be down to favouritism.

Senior man as he's popularly called has the rythm, can read the intensity of a game intellectually and create spaces with his skills and left foot. Lookman can run, Aina can cross, onyeka can soak pressure, Osimhen can score, iwobi can create and pass but who can open space?

Think of Gabriel Jesus and his duties at Arsenal. That's a similar role to what we can endow on kelechi and trust him to execute it to perfection.

My ideal formation is a 4-1-4-1

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Simon-iwobi-kelechi-lookman
Osimhen

Kelechi plays right behind Osimhen and we can have a good game ladies and gentlemen.

Source: Temitope Steve from x

Onyeka cannot defend well. He's more of box to box midfielder. Iheanacho should drop to bench and another defensive minded player or central midfielder maybe that Onyedikachi or one of our CB should come in. That midfield should be choked. It's better to see draw than lose. Won isn't guaranteed. Eagles don't know how to score goals. Aside Osimhen, others are impotent!
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Kinzo0917(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17
ogawisdom:
Where is our ngolo Kante (Yusuf)

You must be kidding to keep him on the bench.

We need someone to fight for the ball always and win possession for us.

You get sense. Oil full your head. Abeg collect 6 bottles on my behalf, I go pay

That guy yusuf na machine. I rate him far better than Ndidi

My thought 💭 though b4 some people will start bashing me

Na my opinion oo

1 Like

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ogbe88(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17
Kinzo0917:

Election has come and gone. Let forget all these bitterness bro. Let pray 🙏 for a better nigeria 🇳🇬

I believe is God that wants Tinubu to be the president if not, he would not have won

U are not Ibo, so rest.

Naija go collect.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by saintbillion(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17
Kinzo0917:

Lol. I no vex bro. Just like how u've said. Election have come and gone. Just Some people no get luck sha.
If they superceeds u, nothing works right.
Our presido and other politicians, football no concern them.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Femeto: 4:03pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:

They do not play the same role sir
But that is how the coach has been using him in the National team.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Femeto: 4:04pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:

No. Kelechi shouldn't be on the wings. He should play SS to Osimhen thereby helping the midfield and creating up chances. That is his job! SS
But that is how the coach has been using him in the National team.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Bouncing2(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:

In the absence of Wilfred Ndidi,,Frank Onyeka has to start all our games provided he’s fit..

And I’ll prefer a 3 man back line ( Bassey, Omeruo/Troost-Ekong, Ajayi)

Then kelz right behind Victor….and we’ll be good to go
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Ayomidie: 4:22pm On Jan 17
I believe we played our best possible XI against EG. Against Ivory coast, onyedika should partner onyeka in midfield and iheanacho should replace Simon out wide but honestly this team lacks some needed profiles in midfield and the team is not just balanced with defensive liabilities like iwobi and iheanacho,Hassan is a big miss. Our defense was not exactly tested against guinea so I am looking forward to see how our defense and gk perform against better opponents in the ivorians
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by yinkeys(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:
This is an opinion.

Although I cannot do anything to influence the coach's decision on the team's setup and formation in tomorrow's must win or draw match against the AFCON host, as a Nigerian tired of subpar performances and hoping to see our nation go beyond the group stage and even lift the trophy, a decade after achieving that feat, I feel I have a singular responsibility to suggest a lineup and tactics that will work in case anyone cares to listen.

I watched Ivory coast's game in the opening match and like every other Nigerian, I watched Nigeria's game too.

Ours was a disappointing result and only a win or draw versus the host nation is acceptable.

The bright side of our game against equitorial guinea was the inclusion of certain players who were fun to watch and gave the game any semblance of life- Osimhen, lookman, iwobi and Aina.

Cote d'Ivoire wants to win and they are going to press high all game long. The only technical player we can rely on to give iwobi a helping hand in creativity and chance conversion is senior man kelechi.

I was surprised he was an unused substitute in Nigeria's opening match and that must be down to favouritism.

Senior man as he's popularly called has the rythm, can read the intensity of a game intellectually and create spaces with his skills and left foot. Lookman can run, Aina can cross, onyeka can soak pressure, Osimhen can score, iwobi can create and pass but who can open space?

Think of Gabriel Jesus and his duties at Arsenal. That's a similar role to what we can endow on kelechi and trust him to execute it to perfection.

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Osimhen

Kelechi plays right behind Osimhen and we can have a good game ladies and gentlemen.

No box to box player there
The team will suffer as well as concede
Onyedikachi needs to play
Kelechi can come in as super sub since he’s just coming back from injury
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Longevo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17
This guy is clueless
Holybwoy:
This is an opinion.

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Osimhen

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by khattab02: 4:43pm On Jan 17
Op..

Senior man kelechi no fit for this tournament naa
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Bribri: 4:51pm On Jan 17
Exactly oo. We need two dm. Those CIV boys no come joke oo.
hikiki:
Wetin una see for iwobi body self? If we really Wana win,we need to play double DM..an onyeka and onyedika. We have to be agresive in the midfield. Cos is gona be physical oo. Na iwobi wan put body for fofana,kessie,? Lol
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Tapout(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17
Hemanwel:
I don't know so much about the Super Eagles coach, Jose Pesseiro; but one thing I can predict about him is that, his sack letter will be delivered to him via Air Peace over there in Kokofua. Lol.

Be that as it may: Nigerians don't understand that the present crop of Super Eagles team is an assembly of below average mediocres. Yes, you heard me! Apart from Victor Osimhien, mention any player in the present team that is Barcelona or Real Madrid worthy; and worse still, under the tutelage of a clueless coach, and you are now expectant of winning the AFCON. Kill that expectations, bro!

As far as I'm concerned, victor is of no use to our national team. He should go back to Napoli where he takes goal scoring serious. Dude could have easily gotten a hat trick in that game. He comes here and play any how cause he believes he has already made a name for himself. Same crap he did at the wc qualification. I've never understood the hype around him to be honest. I will choose kelechi over him even with a gun to my head.

But at the end of the day, everyone to his/her opinion.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by BigDawsNet: 5:06pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:

I'm not sure about double DMs but I think we need a strong midfield. Since Al-hassan is out I expect Peseiro to come up with a strong back 4. I expect him to draft Bassey to the left( because the Ivorian have very fast, swift, pace wingers like bayo)
I expect the same at RB.. maybe play someone like Awaziem because Aina most times loses concentration. With Onyedika shielding them.
I think the 4-1-4-1 is good sha, let see how it goes.

That 3 point is very important and necessary

1 Like

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ogawisdom(m): 5:08pm On Jan 17
Kinzo0917:

You get sense. Oil full your head. Abeg collect 6 bottles on my behalf, I go pay

That guy yusuf na machine. I rate him far better than Ndidi

My thought 💭 though b4 some people will start bashing me

Na my opinion oo

Coach said he is injured

Massive blow Yusuf is out
No one can play like a man on steroids like Yusuf with all these lazy players everywhere. Let's see what others can do. The most important thing is to take our chances BC we may not have so many.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by BALLOSKI: 5:17pm On Jan 17
Kaxmytex:
If LW and RW are in good shape, the elephants go collect..
That last match, I no just feel Moses Simon at all, it's unlike him, I no know wetin xup, I just wan see the Simon wey I use to know tomorrow
The coach played him from the right instead of the left he's good at.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by BALLOSKI: 5:21pm On Jan 17
Tapout:

As far as I'm concerned, victor is of no use to our national team. He should go back to Napoli where he takes goal scoring serious. Dude could have easily gotten a hat trick in that game. He comes here and play any how cause he believes he has already made a name for himself. Same crap he did at the wc qualification. I've never understood the hype around him to be honest. I will choose kelechi over him even with a gun to my head.

But at the end of the day, everyone to his/her opinion.
If legends like Ikpeba talk now, him go insult them. He could have done better .
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by iFESTAC680(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:

Chukwueze na squad player.. all those 20 minutes cameo that makes a difference..

Don't you think if he has more playing time, he can make more difference?
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17
saintbillion:
As long as Tinubu is still the President. Forget about winning any trophy.
Why? grin grin grin
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by eniolurunda151: 7:18pm On Jan 17
We are winning anywaysWe are winning anyways...
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by saintbillion(m): 8:20pm On Jan 17
MASTERMIND04:

Why? grin grin grin
Dude invest more on drugs and his vice on terrorism. His other cabinets invest most on converging national treasures to themselves and also transporting themselves with planes where there's no airport
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ZaddyJ: 8:59pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:

Is Nwabali an home base goalie ?
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by yinkeys(m): 5:30am On Jan 18
Holybwoy:
This is an opinion.

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Osimhen

Onyeka not excellent at playing 4
You’d expose this defense to goals badly
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by yinkeys(m): 5:51am On Jan 18
Kinzo0917:

I would ve preferred the coach starts yusuf in the hole instead of Onyeka

My thought 💭 though
Yusuf cannot play 4
He’s not a big guy
They’d muscle him
He won’t be able to recover balls
However he isn’t a 4
I doubt he plays that at his club
Onyeka isn’t a 4 too but is only playing that position
Right now there’s no natural regular playing 4 on the team
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by kingjoe(m): 7:02am On Jan 18
Hemanwel:
I don't know so much about the Super Eagles coach, Jose Pesseiro; but one thing I can predict about him is that, his sack letter will be delivered to him via Air Peace over there in Kokofua. Lol.

Be that as it may: Nigerians don't understand that the present crop of Super Eagles team is an assembly of below average mediocres. Yes, you heard me! Apart from Victor Osimhien, mention any player in the present team that is Barcelona or Real Madrid worthy; and worse still, under the tutelage of a clueless coach, and you are now expectant of winning the AFCON. Kill that expectations, bro!
so from your analysis.which other country has a better assembly than nigeria.i bet you non.
Top class in super eagles
1.osimhen Napoli . football of the year
2.chukwueze AC Milan
Lookman. Atlanta
Iwobi Fulham. To mention but a few
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by yinkeys(m): 7:05am On Jan 18
kingjoe:
so from your analysis.which other country has a better assembly than nigeria.i bet you non.
Top class in super eagles
1.osimhen Napoli . football of the year
2.chukwueze AC Milan
Lookman. Atlanta
Iwobi Fulham. To mention but a few
It’s a team sport
Not individuals with accolades
They’re not cohesive enough
Morocco got to the last 4 in the World Cup because they played as a unit
Super Eagles can win if they play as a unit offensively & defensively
They should all plan on covering a lot of distance in games
If CIV scores first we are in deep trouble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndidi Nwosu Wins Nigeria’s 5th Gold At Paralympic Games / Divine Oduduru Qualifies for 200m semi-finals At Rio olympics (photo) / Ghana Sacks Coach Hughton After AFCON Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.