Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,464 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title (28585 Views)

Katia Bissonnette: Female Boxer Withdraws From Tournament Over Transgender Rival / Birmingham 2022: Elizabeth Oshoba Wins Silver In The Women's Boxing Event / Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by FreeStuffsNG: 12:51pm On Jan 17
World Boxing Council silver featherweight queen of the ring, Elizabeth Oshoba wrote her name in the history books by becoming the first female Nigerian boxer to win a world title.

Oshoba won her first world title against Italy’s Michela Braga with a (6-0-1) victory in round 10 of their bout in Copenhagen on Saturday.

The victory confirmed the Nigerian as the WBC silver featherweight champion.

Oshoba has now extended her professional record to seven consecutive wins, and a fourth career knockout win, while inflicting Braga with her first-ever pro defeat.

She produced a stunning performance to floor Braga in round eight before dealing her a final knockout blow to seal an impressive win.

The 24-year-old is delighted to make history and has quickly set her sights on the main title.

Oshoba said, “Yes, of course, I feel on top of the world. I am very happy with this title, it is my first (world) title but I am still focused and I can’t wait to fight more world title fights and claim the main WBC belt,”

Oshoba won the 2022 Commonwealth Games silver medal in Birmingham.

Interim President of the Nigeria Boxing Federation, Azania Omo-Agege also showered encomiums on Oshoba for the historic victory.

Omo-Agege said,“I am not surprised that Oshoba became a champion, she has always been one and I have always regarded her as a champion too. I was very happy when I saw that she claimed the WBC silver title.

“She is one of our best athletes in Nigeria and I wish her good luck for the future,”

Oshoba has now won two titles in the last two months after beating Martina Righi via unanimous decision in November to win the IBO female super-featherweight title.

https://thewhistler.ng/oshoba-becomes-first-nigerian-female-boxer-to-win-world-title/

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by FreeStuffsNG: 12:51pm On Jan 17
Congrats Champ!! Omorebiyan! Omoluabi Omo Ogun iseya!
Go ahead and win more, we are supporting you with loads of love and prayers.

Your talent with hardwork and dedication is amazing, thank you for bringing the belt home.
God bless you and may God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by AchrafHakimi: 12:54pm On Jan 17
I can beat her hands down.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by haybhi1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 17
Omoluabi lagba. Custodian of the 'order of the firsts' in Nigeria. Congratulations to you, Osho, congratulations to us, and congratulations to Nigeria.

Hi there, if you ever find yourself overseas or abroad, please do anything to put our country in good light like the tonnes of Omoluabi are doing, A. Oshoala, A. Joshua, Dr Oluyinka Olutoye, Tion Wayne, G. Antetekounpo, Saka, Isreal Adesanya, Adebayo Ogunlesi, Wale, and so on. Endeavor not to imitate the likes of Hushpuppy.

Thanks

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by slaawomirr: 1:23pm On Jan 17
Damnnn niggar

Congratulations baby girl
We are the real niggarz of Africa

Let me increase the volume so our noisy neighbours called Ghana, Cameroon and Benin republic can hear me loud and clear

Next is super eagles. We gonna kick ivory Coast balls
Turn my last shayoo to celebrate this oshoba victory

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by dayleke: 1:23pm On Jan 17
Nice...

Pacemaker.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by ATEAMS: 1:24pm On Jan 17
Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Atarakpa: 1:24pm On Jan 17
Congratulations to her. Òmó she no gree for her opponent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by sukkot: 1:24pm On Jan 17
Wehdone
Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by finallybusy: 1:24pm On Jan 17
All these years they’ve been saying “the future is female,” and it’s only in 2024 a Nigerian woman became champion? Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by bestman09(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17
Congratulations to her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by eliteweb(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17
Congratulations 🏆

E be like say Nigerians de use the current situation of the country de punch people everywhere...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Mrgangnamstyle(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17
Na Omo ogun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17
Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by 4tomandchi: 1:27pm On Jan 17
Finally Nigerian women don the use their life do better thing.

Man wey go marry her must prepare to work hard.

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Bobloco: 1:27pm On Jan 17
Nigeria Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Brendaniel: 1:29pm On Jan 17
Congrats...

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Westman001: 1:29pm On Jan 17
Omo wa ni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Litmus: 1:29pm On Jan 17
Great news!

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by oladipuposadeeq(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
with which hands? 😂 you better be careful your mouth abi na your hands 🤨

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by humberjade: 1:30pm On Jan 17
She don give them better aluwo grin

Congrats lady! Great heights ahead !

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Kay25(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
U are a goner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by AllahOfBlood: 1:30pm On Jan 17
grin
Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by handsomeyinka(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17
Oshoba vs portable

A fight to watch

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Kay25(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17
Omoluabi atata ku ise

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Eriokanmi: 1:31pm On Jan 17
Ogun and sports on the world stage heen...
Anthony Joshua
Tobi Amusan and now
Oshoba

Congratulations

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by emmabest2000(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17
Congratulations Osho baba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17
Nobody will knw u until u become a champion
Just hearing her name for d first time

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by Skillsnigeria: 1:33pm On Jan 17
Okay
Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by olaolulazio(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
dey play. U go cry like person wey chop hot pepper soup if she catch you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title by accordadoga21(f): 1:34pm On Jan 17
Hehehe

Yoruba lagba

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Cristiano Ronaldo Offered £250 Million Deal To Sign For A Saudi Arabian Club / Ahmed Musa And Juliet Welcome Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.