Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours (22761 Views)

60K Job Offer after 5,000 Applications and 2 Interviews | What Would YOU do? / I Have Applied To Over 55,000+ Applications / Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Beuberry(f): 7:58pm On Jan 17
E sese bere!
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17
Olalekanbanky1:

Too bad sha

Why are you sounding this way ?
Are you not a Nigerian?
Can't you see how things are in this country
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Kog45(m): 8:02pm On Jan 17
WhisperedNoise:
Kwara state has an interesting number of unemployed people. The state looks nice from the outside but the amount of rot and corruption in her institutions are almost unbelievable.

Suffer and hunger are in the land, but every election cycle, watch as politicians buy their loyalty with #10,000 and a loaf of bread. Very funny people.

They've been constructing a bridge in tanke for almost 3 years now. They've looted and looted and looted, yet they've not opened the bridge, causing wahala for drivers and civilians, but hey, kwarans will still sing their praises and elect religious bigots as their rulers. Lol. Bunch of clowns.
Kai you sabi Kwarans....steal their billions and build religion house for them na to dey praise you o.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by fitinwell: 8:02pm On Jan 17
leadinggists:
Jobs that are already allocated
More reasons why they shutdown application server ahead of deadlines.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by watchindelta(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17
Salary no go pass 15k embarassed

1 Like

Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Kog45(m): 8:10pm On Jan 17
Kwara airport cargo house turned to Kwara garment factory and people believed it will works...Garment for who?Kwara people are in for long thing.

2 Likes

Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by 7lives: 8:20pm On Jan 17
o123456789:
Unemployment can't go away easily by creating jobs. The question is that how many people can these companies employ, and can they even pay a decent salary or wage? The government should give out grants to the teaming youths of Nigeria to encourage self employment, and unemployment alongside underemployment will be reduced to single digit.

Chai, they encourage job creation everywhere even in America.
Ever heard of Non farm payroll?.
Government can empower the youths to be self employed, when the self employed youths eventually grow their business, they will still be creating jobs and be employing people or are you anti job creation?.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 17
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Why are you sounding this way ?
Are you not a Nigerian?
Can't you see how things are in this country
And how am I suppose to sound, bro?
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Ashawoman82: 8:32pm On Jan 17
kaywhy09:
For job that'll be less than 100k per month.

God have mercy
likely less than 50.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Anunakeeh: 8:35pm On Jan 17
adefitim:
Adam Mustapha Wrote:

Portal shut as Garment Factory gets over 8,000 applications in 48 hours

•Management thanks Kwarans for keen interest, pledges excellent service delivery

Kwara State Garment Factory has shut the application portal recently opened to -- in this phase -- hire 300 production workers after it received 8,373 applications in less than 48 hours.

“We are impressed by this response, which shows that people are truly keen and excited to work with us. However, we are compelled to close the portal ahead of the earlier deadline because of the number of the applications already received,” according to a statement by the management of the Factory.

“We received no less than 8,373 applications within the first 48 hours of opening the portal. That was impressive!

“We have therefore shut the portal to allow for thorough and professional screening of the applications already submitted.”

Management
January 17, 2024.

What a hopeless country.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Alhajikd: 8:39pm On Jan 17
Creamypie:
10 year from now at most, Nigeria go become confirmed jungle or wild wild west. Thanks to very foolish and stupid populace
grin
Thank God that I have decided to be a seriously minded born again Christian, if not, I for say uwaka grin
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Advancedman(m): 8:40pm On Jan 17
adefitim:
Adam Mustapha Wrote:

Culled: Joe Igbokwe

Proof more than a enough slave to oppress.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by ogbologbo1000(m): 8:50pm On Jan 17
As Observer-general, I just dey observe the comments. That's all

Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Iluvmycontr3: 8:54pm On Jan 17
Tombrown3:
That's what you get when you have unemployment.

Abysmal level of unemployment because there are no factories or industries.

#Most of our pple that have the means are only interested in building hotels or real estate stuff
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17
Kushites:

Exactly. I was on Linkedin the other day, and for one job, you will see like 500 applications.

In today’s world you have to find a way to generate at least some of your own money independently.

U never see 1k+. I don see am bfr
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by duduade: 9:07pm On Jan 17
WhisperedNoise:
Kwara state has an interesting number of unemployed people. The state looks nice from the outside but the amount of rot and corruption in her institutions are almost unbelievable.

Suffer and hunger are in the land, but every election cycle, watch as politicians buy their loyalty with #10,000 and a loaf of bread. Very funny people.

They've been constructing a bridge in tanke for almost 3 years now. They've looted and looted and looted, yet they've not opened the bridge, causing wahala for drivers and civilians, but hey, kwarans will still sing their praises and elect religious bigots as their rulers. Lol. Bunch of clowns.

You know them well 😅
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by medicaljobadver: 9:18pm On Jan 17
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KZbGM2qIdls&si=oTIl4twmuK14h9ht

Did Tinubu or any presidential candidate in the 2023 election visit this pastor? I want to prove whether this pastor is a blatant liar.Share the video till President Tinubu can react to it.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Jan 17
WhisperedNoise:

When will guys learn to stop making this kind of illogical arguments?
People must perform their civic responsibility whether money is involved or not. During the last elections, there was no money to share by the politicians, Buhari and Emefiele made sure of that. And I could still remember how majority of you were praising Buhari and Emefiele for doing excellent job. People came out to vote enmass to prove that it has never been about money (inducement).
And in Nigeria of today, there is no better politician, they're all the same. So, don't fault the electorates for unemployment, don't fault them for performing their civic duty, fault your politicians, your leaders who are all the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by siant: 9:32pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
Afon...
Afon is a town in Kwara. Asa Local Govt secretariat is situated in Afon.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by maasoap(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17
7lives:

Chai, they encourage job creation everywhere even in America.
Ever heard of Non farm payroll?.
Government can empower the youths to be self employed, when the self employed youths eventually grow their business, they will still be creating jobs and be employing people or are you anti job creation?.

I don't think you understand what that person said. He meant govt should empower people to be self employed instead of giving finite number of jobs out as in this case. The word "creation" is what caused confusion. Otherwise, both of you are saying the same thing
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by justmondris: 9:43pm On Jan 17
adefitim:
Adam Mustapha Wrote:

Omoh this factory na first class garment factory. Imagine say we get like 1000 of such factories for Nigeria. We for they export cloths go other Africa countries.
Culled: Joe Igbokwe
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Tombrown3(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17
truthfinder319:
Wrong. Thousands apply for 50 vacancies even in the UK and USA

Of course yes, most of the applicants are foreigners and migrants like you and I looking to japa.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by uuzba(m): 9:50pm On Jan 17
Keen and excited?
Which kind Keen and excited?
Stop praising your stupid head.
People are desperately hungry and unemployed and are simply looking for any employment to fend for their needs.

Keen and excited my ass.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by WhisperedNoise: 9:53pm On Jan 17
maasoap:

When will guys learn to stop making this kind of illogical arguments?
People must perform their civic responsibility whether money is involved or not. During the last elections, there was no money to share by the politicians, Buhari and Emefiele made sure of that. And I could still remember how majority of you were praising Buhari and Emefiele for doing excellent job. People came out to vote enmass to prove that it has never been about money (inducement).
And in Nigeria of today, there is no better politician, they're all the same. So, don't fault the electorates for unemployment, don't fault them for performing their civic duty, fault your politicians, your leaders who are all the same.
Lol. I wanted to give you a counter claim but it's not worth my time. Anything you believe is right.

Cheers mate.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by WhisperedNoise: 9:55pm On Jan 17
duduade:

You know them well 😅
Chief, I'm from Kwara state. That's why I laugh when some tribalists here call me an Igbo person for calling out their bigotry.

Kwara state has a lot of potential. It's one of the states with a vibrant young community who are into tech and other entrepreneurial activities but the government are very irresponsible.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by WhisperedNoise: 9:56pm On Jan 17
Kog45:
Kai you sabi Kwarans....steal their billions and build religion house for them na to dey praise you o.
My chief,
I'm a bonafide Kwara man. I'm pissed off at how the state is being ruled. You can steal from them and they'll crown you king the next day. Very annoying.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by WhisperedNoise: 9:56pm On Jan 17
lexy2014:

Is it like other states in Nigeria are any better?
Those that compare themselves with others are fools
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by WhisperedNoise: 9:58pm On Jan 17
obonujoker:
Lol... Can't blame them... When 80% of Kwararites are teachers... With 10/15k per month 😵‍💫
Teachers and civil servants. Even their pension is like 25k or 30k monthly. Pathetic.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by cardoctor(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17
Ten times more than that actually want to apply.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17
Rejouir:
The slowpoke said, he is happy because people are willing to work with us. grin

I'm telling you, he said, that shows people are willing to work with them... Is he daft or does he really believe that?
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by NaijaphiliaBlog: 10:17pm On Jan 17
You are very correct!

However, the challenge in this part of the world often has to do more with the implementation side than with the principle itself.

For example, the Nigerian equivalent of the
Mexican Maquiladoras already exist - we call them Free Trade Zones (FTZs)!

There are currently up to 42 FTZs in Nigeria, and the Dangote Refinery is located in one of them.

Some examples of functional FTZs in Nigeria include:
Lekki Free Zone,
Ladol Free Zone,
Dangote Industries Free Zone,
Ogun Guangdong Free Trade Zone,
Abuja Tech Village Free Zone,
Snake Island Integrated Free Zone,
Lagos Free Trade Zone,
etc.

safariman:

I couldn't agree with you more. State governors, Senators/Reps, Trade or Commerce Ministers/Commissioners should be courting big manufacturing companies from first world countries to establish their operations in their respective states and in our country in general. Let Nike, Johnson and Johnsons, GE and other conglomerate co. come to Nigeria in general come and establish their operations here even if the labor rates are low. I saw it first hand in Mexico with their maquiladora operations whereby GE e.g manufactures its products there in Juarez Mexico and in other places like Laredo Tx/Mexico and they are experiencing low to medium class wage earners mushrooming up. Local economy boosted up, restaurants, schools and families are enjoying life. Granted we have challenges here in Nigeria such as inadequate electricity and security. Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and even China are making American products because of their cost of labor is low. I am not talking about child labor ooo.

Even if the multinational companies take their profits back to their respective countries, the plant, wage earners, restaurants, hospitality business and other related companies will stay to keep the areas thriving with housing, schools etc. Unlike these present governors that do not have foresight other than build one overhead bridge, pay govt workers their salaries, give palliatives, build Estates for their cronies and buy votes. Keep the masses down.
Re: Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours by Rejouir: 10:34pm On Jan 17
Yampotatocarrot:

I'm telling you, he said, that shows people are willing to work with them... Is he daft or does he really believe that?
i don't blame him, i blame the people. We are not ready for a better Nigeria, and it seems like we would never be. Let those suffering keep living in poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Answer The "What Are Your Greatest Strengths?" Question In An Interview / Mass Recruitment: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (fupre), Nigeria / Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.