Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 (24556 Views)

Funny Meme Of Ghana AFCON. / Mozambique Vs Ghana: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by femi4: 11:25pm On Jan 18
Ddonoflife:

Bro super eagles is not useless .they just lack cohesion.....we have Good players that are good individually but together they are not just making impact..abi na aina no sabi play abi no be Iwobi dey ball for fulham or is it osimehn in napoli or that Atlanta guy lookman...haba bros fear God...we have some of the best players in the tournament plying their trade abroad.we just need the coach to give them right instructions and for them to make use of every chances they get
grin That's the useless part of the team

They had one shot on goal today

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Graysons: 11:27pm On Jan 18
In the end,the those banku eating people did not win lol!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Ddonoflife(m): 11:27pm On Jan 18
femi4:

😁😁😁😁
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Horus(m): 11:27pm On Jan 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJX7OxJQfgM?si=c5JofpA0I6xhFSNo

Egypt vs Ghana 2-2 Hіghlіghts & All Goals 2024
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Graysons: 11:28pm On Jan 18
FLYFIRE:

Some of these idiots are hateful Ghanaians
Lies most of them are Igbo people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by khattab02: 11:30pm On Jan 18
Ddonoflife:
..oh okay...what I meant to say was make Egypt sef try qualify come the round of 16 first...
P.s I just checked the group..it contains Senegal and.cameroon.....mad oooo
u are right oo

I don go the simulation taya o..

Na Cameroon or Senegal e dey bring oo
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by odikomo1(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18
And his home based Al Ahly. We should encourage our homebased
Fira09:
Egypt's no 8 is a baller.

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 11:33pm On Jan 18
Princedapace:

If u create chances and cant score, u have problem. lol that is even major problem.
If u cant score in open space, at least rely on set pieces. This is why Nigeria hardly do well in major competitions. No be today bro. Na why for AFCON sef, they hardly do well. No be today it started grin

I'm not saying we're perfect - there are clearly issues but I see that you are actually underrating this team significantly. Nigeria has what it takes to win this cup from my observations so far based on:

1. Strong defensive unit. We seem to have a stable goalkeeper who may not be world-class but he is confident and does the basics well. You can see that the defenders in front of him have faith in him. This is crucial and a significant development from the Uzoho/Okoye days.

2. Strong individual attackers showing signs of improvement. Ademola Lookman and Osimhen have the potential to form an incredible partnership. I saw signs of it today. This needs time and as the tournament progresses, I am certain more will come from these two.

3. Useful options from the bench. Onuachu was brought on today to bring a different dimension to the game to help implement the coach's tactic of defending and seeing the game out. He did this excellently, showing his ability to hold on to possession and giving his teammates a chance to catch up and link up or draw a foul. Iheanacho and Moffi are also on the bench, each with a different set of traits they offer the team. This means that Nigeria essentially have the ability to rapidly adapt tactically to suit whatever opponent we are facing or to adapt to changing circumstances within games.

What I have outlined above are the critical ingredients required to win tournament football. 1. A sound defence. 2. Genuine attacking threat. 3. tactical flexibility.

I don't think this team will lose any game this tournament.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by ZaddyJ: 11:38pm On Jan 18
Ddonoflife:
..oh okay...what I meant to say was make Egypt sef try qualify come the round of 16 first...
P.s I just checked the group..it contains Senegal and.cameroon.....mad oooo
grin
There's a cat called nimbus on tiktok who has been getting the prediction correctly maybe we would just rely on her prediction to see if we would win grin
He predicted Nigeria vs ivory coast win & vs Egypt draw
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Princedapace(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18
BreconHills:

You don't need to be great in the group stages to win a tournament, you just need to keep growing into the tournament. Argentina lost to some middle east team in Qatar and still won the WC. Nigeria lost their first match 1-5 to Algeria the last time it held in Algeria and still made the final.

Momentum not brilliance.

But Nigeria rarely win the competition shaaa grin
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by GeneralDae: 11:45pm On Jan 18
Princedapace:

Nigeria has won it 3 times. Only Egypt, Cameroon, Ghana, have had more than 3 times. But then Nigeria have finished as bronze medalists and finalists more than all of these teams.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Goke7: 11:48pm On Jan 18
Princedapace:

it's not too long since you started watching afcon, no wonder. I understand you better now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by sniper77(m): 12:05am On Jan 19
E pain me say Egypt no defeat Ghana.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Flows001(m): 12:13am On Jan 19
Easybet1:
This is more entertaining than Nigeria match, great team work, different skills, excellent goals etc ... This is far better than the kick and follow football I watch this evening
E dey hard to please people like una..

If Nigeria had played tiki taka like Barca and lost, the same you will be criticising them, now in order to secjre all three points, they decided to adopt a rather defensive approach against a counter attacking team like Ivory Coast, but you still dey yarn dust

So you expected Nigeria to come all out and entertain the fans while playing against the host nation? Did you see how intimidating the entire stadium was with the Ivorian fans everywhere?

The Eagles had one task, and which was to secure all three points against the host, which they excellently did, NFF didn't send them to Ivory Coast to win possessions and play like Barca, na the cup be the main thing!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by okunwaye(m): 12:14am On Jan 19
Princedapace:

banku eater rest, your black stars will soon be sent back to Accra by Mozambique grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by MamaletASO: 12:26am On Jan 19
Ghanian players esp Williams and Buhari are useless father Christmas 🎁🎁🎄🎄🎄
Cheerful givers

How long will they be fearful of d Egyptians, for the Egyptians which ye see today ye shall see them No more..

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by observanc1: 12:53am On Jan 19
Graysons:
Lies most of them are Igbo people.
my friend, go and drink water and sleep. Wetin concern igbo concern ghana

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by teebaxy(m): 12:59am On Jan 19
femi4:

Una problem no Dey finish… Stop talking nonsense… Naija have won the match against the host … if he pain you .. go enter lagoon.

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Teenwolf(m): 3:22am On Jan 19
FLYFIRE:

Some of these idiots are hateful Ghanaians
The guy is a foolish bitter Ghanian... The idiot guy is talking as if Nigeria didn't beat egypt in the last AFCON and kept a clean sheet, whereas ghanians are even struggling with Egypt and can't even keep a clean sheet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Blaze232(m): 4:18am On Jan 19
Hmmmm
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Emman08: 4:44am On Jan 19
Ghana must go grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by humberjade: 5:06am On Jan 19
This Kudus of a guy is going places if he keeps his head down and keeps working hard. What he does for Ghana with his left foot is what I expect from Chukwueze, but no, nah to dey play to the gallery our brother sabi. He shows flashes once in a while, but the bro seem not to be aware of what he's capable of, he just needs to work on his final decisions in and around the box, and remain consistent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by lekyar(m): 5:41am On Jan 19
Princedapace:

U are speaking from pure sentiment. I dont have ur time. Super eagles is not favourite to win the cup. We are here. We go see am. Host nation? Ivory Coast that has been very poor for years now. lol
Na una type dey always support nonsense. Na so Nigerian missed out on last world cup. E go clear for una eyes. Make Morocco catch Nigeria first. Lol, this one super eagles dey play? No be wetin I dey see?
Poor set piece, poor corner kicks, poor free kick. How u want to win a competition when u lack in all of these?
Becus u manage to get one lucky penalty? Ur type will always hype Nigeria even if it is collapsing. I know ur type.
Super Eagles for now is poor and terrible. South Africa eliminated Egypt as host nation. Cameron was host nation and was eliminated too by a team. E no mean bro.

Calm down and be more circumspect. It's just football!!!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Promax4321: 6:07am On Jan 19
E pain say Ghana drew with Egypt, I am Nigerian but love my Ghana brother

They has some touch in football, all they need is blend to begin to beat Brasil up and down, same with Nigerian to do same with Argentina.

Just a little blend and self confident Africa will be hub of everything good
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by ThunderFireAgba: 6:30am On Jan 19
Easybet1:
how does it correlate with what I posted? Did they tell you that they are on the pitch for free or do you know how many people that wish to play for Nigeria but they don't have the opportunity?

What Nigeria play today is total trash. Except you are dumb, you should know that team is nonsense
You're a fooòl. A big one for that matter.
Idiott. Why your papa no buy boots for you to go and play football?
Bastărd.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by ThunderFireAgba: 6:38am On Jan 19
foleskay:

Abeg go sit down. U know football but giving vague analysis here. If u really know football u won't write off Nigeria in this tournament. No loss from the boys still u still gnashin teeth here condemning d boys. U think its easy to win a host team at home not to talk of a string team like ivory coast. Getatt
No team in this tournament can win Cote d'Voire with the way they played Nigeria.
Na people wey no sabi ball will call our match against them a bluff. That was one of the MOST TECHNICAL GAME IN THIS TOURNAMENT SO FAR. You didn't realize once we scored them, They became paranoid and knew it's over.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by ThunderFireAgba: 6:47am On Jan 19
SmartyPants:

I'm not saying we're perfect - there are clearly issues but I see that you are actually underrating this team significantly. Nigeria has what it takes to win this cup from my observations so far based on:

1. Strong defensive unit. We seem to have a stable goalkeeper who may not be world-class but he is confident and does the basics well. You can see that the defenders in front of him have faith in him. This is crucial and a significant development from the Uzoho/Okoye days.

2. Strong individual attackers showing signs of improvement. Ademola Lookman and Osimhen have the potential to form an incredible partnership. I saw signs of it today. This needs time and as the tournament progresses, I am certain more will come from these two.

3. Useful options from the bench. Onuachu was brought on today to bring a different dimension to the game to help implement the coach's tactic of defending and seeing the game out. He did this excellently, showing his ability to hold on to possession and giving his teammates a chance to catch up and link up or draw a foul. Iheanacho and Moffi are also on the bench, each with a different set of traits they offer the team. This means that Nigeria essentially have the ability to rapidly adapt tactically to suit whatever opponent we are facing or to adapt to changing circumstances within games.

What I have outlined above are the critical ingredients required to win tournament football. 1. A sound defence. 2. Genuine attacking threat. 3. tactical flexibility.

I don't think this team, will lose any game this tournament.
With what I saw yesterday, Never. No team can win them.
That defensive set up is the best set up in this tournament. It will be hard for a lot of teams to penetrate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by ThunderFireAgba: 6:54am On Jan 19
Princedapace:

G^d go purnish ur generation for insulting me. Thunder fire ur f^&lish a$s.
Super eagles has been poor, Ghana has been poor. I only talked about him talking trash about the game we are all enjoying. B%asttard like u had to resort to insulting me. U fit follow me talk for real life? Did I mention ur name? And how come people like u cant deal with the opinion of others without insult and cussed words? E no go better for ur entire generation, b%stard.
cc: Seun
cc:fergie001
cc: Obinoscopy
cc: OAM4J
cc: Dominique
Rule 2.
Please you mods should ban this guy for life.
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by BreconHills(m): 7:43am On Jan 19
Princedapace:

Highest number of podium finishes though.
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by uniquetechng: 8:16am On Jan 19
Princedapace:
Egypt has become fire since Salah left. I told someone that Salah is the problem of Egypt. Since Salah became a star, the team struggled becus they all want to give all him all the ball to score. I hope the coach learns. The team play has improved. The coach needs to fix this issue.
Salah plays a different role for Egypt, he is actually their chief creator and often switch to the number 10 role unlike Liverpool where he cuts in from the wings to score goals.
Egypt's policy of relying on home based players from All Ahli, Zamalek, Future and Pyramid FC to execute international tournaments is their problem not Salah, Mo worked hard to take them to the final last year.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Princedapace(m): 8:43am On Jan 19
uniquetechng:
Salah plays a different role for Egypt, he is actually their chief creator and often switch to the number 10 role unlike Liverpool where he cuts in from the wings to score goals.
Egypt's policy of relying on home based players from All Ahli, Zamalek, Future and Pyramid FC to execute international tournaments is their problem not Salah, Mo worked hard to take them to the final last year.

How can that be their problem when they used same policy to win 8 AFCON? Come on guy. They used that same policy to be a global threat when they met Brazil and showed class. Baba, the problem is that the players want to pass all the balls to Salah. Cant u see as he left, the players became very determined to play their normal games, drimble, shoot the ball. There is this intimidation when u have a global star around u, ur squard immediately feels that the global star should take all shots. This was the problem with Ivory Coast too during Drogba era. Same reason Argentinal struggled at world cup too.
U saw a different Egypt as Salah left. I hope the coach can see this and not start Salah during their next match. Cant u see how the forwards now play great football.
Omo, Zamalek and Ahly are reliable club and have done it over and over again for Egypt. Na from there Aboutrika came out from who was mentioned by Jose Morihino as a superb player to watch. Egypt won AFCON 3 times in a row with these players. They deliver, they arent ur regular Nigerian club abeg.
nigeria that uses all foreign based players, how many AFCON have we won? Dont forget that Egypt also played final in the last edition.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 by Princedapace(m): 8:44am On Jan 19
khattab02:
7 please
Still highest in the continent and only team to win it 3 times in a row. That is bravery abeg. In a continent with many national teams whose players play in top flight football in Europe, Egypt ruled with home based players.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ebonyi Olympic Stadium In Ebonyi State Photos View / Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list / Lionel Messi Pushing To Leave PSG Within Next 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.