Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips (12445 Views)

Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil / Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss / Government Warns Residents On Poisonous Ponmo In Lagos Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by 82man: 9:19am On Jan 18
Evil people is everywhere in this country, started from our leaders and religion leaders are also wicked too

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Lumig: 9:21am On Jan 18
post=127997559:

What manner of people do we have in this nation for Krissake

Yet, Another one

Oh No, Not again! sad sad sad
Some bad Nigerians are always in the news for the very wrong reasons.
May God save Nigerians from these idiots that keep bringing the country to to disrepute.

Same kind of people we read, that produce fake teething powder for new born babies under 6 months old, sending many innocent newborns to their untimely death!

They turn worn out and old tires to brand new ones in their shops under 3 hours and sell it back to unsuspecting public as tokunbo tires!!! shocked
Causing many deaths on our roads by so doing!!

Anything and everything is money to them, even when innocent lives are in danger.
Bastards.

Guys,
Legit Hustle is the way to a good and beautiful life,
That you will enjoy your money with peace of mind.
Keep pushing on guys, One day Hustle go pay.
God no go shame una

Likes? we don't post for likes sir.
We only make our post and move on.
But quote and mentions may help tho,
That helps the Ministry...BIGTIME wink

BTW,
We no be bro o,
We are simply WE!
May God continue to save Nigerians from Nigerians

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by seanfer(m): 9:25am On Jan 18
We are wicked to ourselves, and we go to church on Sundays and mosques on fridays.... This is wickedness of the highest order.........
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Chisave: 9:27am On Jan 18
But on a second thought, can polythene actually dissolve in oil? I thought it will just melt it to form a solid mass.

I will experiment it one day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Realdeals(m): 9:37am On Jan 18
Bad market for plantain chips producers and hawker.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by ObalendeCMS: 9:38am On Jan 18
Awon omo yee...
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by IdJack(m): 9:45am On Jan 18
So sad... This is scary
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Trophy12: 9:48am On Jan 18
Sangoamadioha1:

This is all over Nigeria.
I hear u legosian grin
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Mpanyi: 9:49am On Jan 18
Chisave:
But on a second thought, can polythene actually dissolve in oil? I thought it will just melt it to form a solid mass.

I will experiment it one day

Don't mind them. They should have at least tried it to know the possibility instead of killing plantain chips business for what may turn out to be a hoax

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Sangoamadioha1: 9:55am On Jan 18
Trophy12:
I hear u [/b]legosian [b] grin

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by 368aderiyike: 10:18am On Jan 18
Like your grillsLike your grills...
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by ISLAMISLIGHT(m): 10:24am On Jan 18
Some people are just evil.
One of my neighbour is into this Plantain chips business, since have known her never as she one day mix the oil with anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by kinkydude: 10:40am On Jan 18
Small polythene, small banana, all fried together into the belly, oh God! How did we get here? Everywhere you go is wickedness.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by naturefellow(m): 10:59am On Jan 18
Mvnster:
Na we carry church and islam for head pass, yet so evil in the heart.
what I always say, but Justnation thinks I'm an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by jaxxy(m): 11:02am On Jan 18
shouldn't she be arrested? She is a danger to society..
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by themanderon: 11:12am On Jan 18
I am always afraid of buying any unsealed eatable on the road. Nigerians are capable of so much evil. Was it not the other time we saw someone frying groundnuts with acid? People washing vegetables with dirty stinking gutter water? I have seen a woman buying a dead stiff broiler and I was wondering what she will do with such a thing. Any evil you can think of Nigerians are more than capable of such.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by LIVINGICONREBOR: 11:22am On Jan 18
themanderon:
I am always afraid of buying any unsealed eatable on the road. Nigerians are capable of so much evil. Was it not the other time we saw someone frying groundnuts with acid? People washing vegetables with dirty stinking gutter water? I have seen a woman buying a dead stiff broiler and I was wondering what she will do with such a thing. Any evil you can think of Nigerians are more than capable of such.

Frying groundnuts with acid?? I love eating groundnuts and roasted plantain. Damn!!

I no know who wicked pass between our leaders and the masses.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by BennyDGreat: 11:39am On Jan 18
jmoore:
Your akpu/fufu is processed with detergent.

All these stuff with no brand names ehh.

Ahh...how come the detergent doesn't take in it?
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by ufotunang: 11:57am On Jan 18
It's true... I always see this plantain chips hard and does not break easily
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Calitoscassius(m): 12:24pm On Jan 18
Who da hell in their right mind would eat roadside snack in Naigeria? Only suicidal people.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by comodo: 12:39pm On Jan 18
HeatSeeker:

https://www.thecable.ng/lagos-consumer-agency-warns-residents-against-poisonous-plantain-chips/amp
This Chemistry no far naa. How was the nylon grated? Does vynil and hot oil mix?? Industrial Chemists in house over to u.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Sleekfingers: 3:33pm On Jan 18
And these wicked people will be blaming the government. Is this not wickedness?

I just pity most Nigerians, who buy consumables from those hawking in traffic, from mallams in their Neighbourhoods, buy foods from those selling on the roadside, buy drugs from chemists, .....
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Curiouscity(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18
comodo:

This Chemistry no far naa. How was the nylon grated? Does vynil and hot oil mix?? Industrial Chemists in house over to u.

I seriously doubt this.

What money cannot do (in Nigeria) does not exist. Some big plantain chip makers want more of the market share. They find ways to demonize the small roadside hustlers and remove them from the business.

No chemistry whatsoever can allow plastic to dissolve in hot oil to form a homogeneous mixture. The Agency that went to press with this, without proper investigation is wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Justnation: 8:20pm On Jan 18
naturefellow:
what I always say, but Justnation thinks I'm an atheist.

Not so, I know you are a Christian, but I want you to realize that some of the attacks against Christians are actually calculated efforts to ridicule and debase Christianity.
That is the point from where I counter their moves.
I prefer that we hold the individual personally accountable and not use him to condemn the whole body of Christ.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Justnation: 8:24pm On Jan 18
Curiouscity:

I seriously doubt this.

What money cannot do (in Nigeria) does not exist. Some big plantain chip makers want more of the market share. They find ways to demonize the small roadside hustlers and remove them from the business.

No chemistry whatsoever can allow plastic to dissolve in hot oil to form a homogeneous mixture. The Agency that went to press with this, without proper investigation is wicked.

On point, you are correct 💯
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Dybala11(m): 9:09pm On Jan 18
Offpoint1:
This one touch me cause na daily snack be this... Be like sey na only air person go learn to dey eat for naija.
Even the air is contaminated and contains a lot of pollutants too. 😭
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by onegig(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18
The last time I ate anything in Lagos bought in traffic was prolly 2017 or so. There was this nice popular brand of chips then. Bought it sealed but when opening it felt off. Tasted maybe two chips and knew something was off. That was the only two i swallowed. Looked all good and fine but it tasted odd. Woke up that night to serious stomach pains. Knew I had food poisoning from the Plantain chips. Took almost a week to fully heal and regain my strength

I don't eat suya(lots of those selling, don't even have houses. They defecate on the streets, don't take their baths or follow basic hygiene. Just take a look at under their fingernails and you would see how dirty it is. Same hands they would use to prepare Suya without gloves or anything. I would rather take soda, water and digestive biscuits when outdoors than any of those snacks. We need more local public health awareness and compliance especially when it comes to food preparation and selling to the general public. A lot of Nigerians are consuming things that could literally kill them.
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by Lightorder: 9:56pm On Jan 18
Whaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips by naturefellow(m): 12:52am On Jan 19
Justnation:
Not so, I know you are a Christian, but I want you to realize that some of the attacks against Christians are actually calculated efforts to ridicule and debase Christianity.
That is the point from where I counter their moves.
I prefer that we hold the individual personally accountable and not use him to condemn the whole body of Christ.
no you don't. But OK...
BBC documentary is not an attack on the christian faith. It is welcome revelation of the fraud of TB Joshua and his cult of a church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medicinal Benefits Of Scent Leaves(ocimum Gratissimum) / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking / What Are You Having For Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.