Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs (13954 Views)

650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? / Are There Any Remote Jobs In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Hamachi(f): 6:07am On Jan 18
From DM
Happy New Year Chi.

I am a bit confused right now. I have two remote jobs currently, they both pay me 200k and 150k salary respectively. These two companies have been existing for over 3 years so they have built up structure that one could trust a little over time...

I recently applied for another full-time job, it's a startup that is just moving from ideation phase to implementation. And they are offering me 650k salary a month even though I told them my salary expectation is 500k a month. I will be working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely.

I am enticed by this new salary and at the same time, my current jobs have built structure that I can trust.

Not to even mention that I occupy a very important position in these two companies: though not a big deal.

Please 🙏 I am just confused..... I am meant to resume next two weeks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by duduade: 6:08am On Jan 18
God will lead you right

32 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by IyaTola: 6:44am On Jan 18
From experience, start up companies will promise you heaven on earth only to disappoint you.

They may have the funds initially, what happens most times is under budgeting. In the end, you'll end up being owed salary.

I have been in the exact same situation as you. I picked the later. Till date, the company still owes me more than 1.2M in salary

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Crucialgem(m): 6:46am On Jan 18
Believe any start up at your own peril, what start up have done for me ehnnn If I begin talk words go full ground

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Rubyjade: 6:59am On Jan 18
Crucialgem:
Believe any start up at your own peril, what start up have done for me ehnnn If I begin talk words go full ground
Kindly share so that we can learn from your experience and we don't make such mistake. Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by perfri(m): 7:28am On Jan 18
Try to renegotiate your salary with the employers you are already working with to see if they can review it upwards. if they dont agree, i feel you should take the risk and go with the new startup

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by QuinModah(f): 7:31am On Jan 18
Someone is willing to take the offer with even 200k net or even 150k. Nigeria is in survival mode now.
perfri:
Try to renegotiate your salary with the employers you are already working with to see if they can review it upwards. if they dont agree, i feel you should take the risk and go with the new startup

9 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Alphamentips: 8:08am On Jan 18
Work the 2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Hamachi(f): 8:32am On Jan 18
This is really a challenging choice to make. Anyways, since the new one is even offering something bigger than what you asked. You should consider it. But carefully try to understand their business projections, at least to be sure they won't mess up half way.

Generally, if you are naturally creative and good with graphics, I will suggest UI/UX design.
But you really need to do some facts finding and maybe try each area.

So these are the popular areas as long as web applications development is concerned:
1. UI/UX designer
2. Frontend developer
3. Backend developer
4. DevOps

There are others, but these are the popular areas any serious company must have imo.

Finally, I also train and mentor SERIOUS newbies +234 816 four seven five zero five four zero

Hopefully all I have said made some sense.

Bottom line is for you to learn any IT related skills as it's the new gold mine
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by tosbobby(m): 9:00am On Jan 18
Human!
Black!
Mindset!
Dynamism!

If the ones you have at hand were the best, you wouldn't have called 911.

You should take the 650k job and go with a positive mindset and personal be committed to grow the company with all your skills.

If the company breakthrough, as one of the startup persons, you could be promoted to top management level.

The ones you have at hand, don't forget it was the effort of some group of people.

A company that want to offer such an amount have a better plan for you just be positive, focus and don't mess things up.

You mentioned that the role is hybrid, you can as well combine it with one of the remote jobs and let go one of them so that another person can fill that space, and if you don't have confidence in the 650k job you can let it go as over 20 million people are praying that you don't honour the offer so that they can also try their lucks.

The truth is that you don't have anything to lose.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Dwills35: 9:24am On Jan 18
Hamachi:
From DM [/color]
what field of tech is he into?

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by DystopianMuse(f): 9:52am On Jan 18
WHich ever of the job you choose is up to you. But if you are to go for the startup job, try and negotiate for for equity stake even if it is low as 2%, that is if you are a important member and also if it mean small reduction in your monthly pay

5 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by LandMann: 10:34am On Jan 18
tosbobby:
Human!
Black!
Mindset!
Dynamism!

If the ones you have at hand were the best, you wouldn't have called 911.

You should take the 650k job and go with a positive mindset and personal be committed to grow the company with all your skills.

If the company breakthrough, as one of the startup persons, you could be promoted to top management level.

The ones you have at hand, don't forget it was the effort of some group of people.

A company that want to offer such an amount have a better plan for you just be positive, focus and don't mess things up.

You mentioned that the role is hybrid, you can as well combine it with one of the remote jobs and let go one of them so that another person can fill that space, and if you don't have confidence in the 650k job you can let it go as over 20 million people are praying that you don't honour the offer so that they can also try their lucks.

The truth is that you don't have anything to lose.

Stop typing bullshit.

There are no 20 million people in Nigeria praying to get the job

Nigeria is declining fast because most of the good brains have left the country. The mediocre and poorly educated are the ones roaming the streets looking for job. Give them that job and they won't be able to deliver or improve the system. It's all garbage in garbage out. This is made worse by the poor working conditions of the employee as a result of poor working standards and poor labour laws.

200k is less than $200 dollars.

Minimum wage was $100 few years ago. Now minimum wage is less than $30.

So, most Nigerians are merely earning minimum wage or less given current cost of living.

So, allow the guy to freely choose whatever direction he wants to take without making him look desperate or foolish. He's probably more skilled than you and I'm sure he's planning to leave the country for fools like you to keep pushing the useless narrative that 200million people are jumping at a job that pays them less than minimum wage.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Kaycee54321(m): 11:06am On Jan 18
The person should take the 650k hybrid work and retain one of the two remote jobs, preferably, the one that pays 200k.

It's a lot of stress. But it makes sense.

If what happens to a lot of start ups happens to yours, there's a fall back plan pending when you find your feet.

In tech, just like in life, it's always good to have a solid backup plan.

7 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by PinkNature: 11:09am On Jan 18
All this figures for what exactly?

My dad worked with the civil service for over 20 years and is set to retire within the middle of this year, and his net salary is less than 145k.

Remote jobs are certainly the best. Imagine getting 250k from the comfort of your home. Woah.

17 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by bestman09(m): 11:14am On Jan 18

Can i have one of the jobs?
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Piroty: 11:14am On Jan 18
Dollar just gained 10% in 2 weeks abd we are not talking about it. Sha invest in the dollar no matter what you do

3 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 11:15am On Jan 18
Bbsbs
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:16am On Jan 18
IT na real stressless goldmine

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Donaldoni: 11:17am On Jan 18
Are you sure the startup will pay consistently after the first 6 months
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Anguldi(m): 11:18am On Jan 18
Combine joined together the two both of pair of them tongue
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Anguldi(m): 11:20am On Jan 18
IyaTola:
From experience, start up companies will promise you heaven on earth only to disappoint you.

They may have the funds initially, what happens most times is under budgeting. In the end, you'll end up being owed salary.

I have been in the exact same situation as you. I picked the later. Till date, the company still owes me more than 1.2M in salary
Gazelle gragra shocked
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by TheGameYard(m): 11:20am On Jan 18
Talking from experience please take the 650k hybrid. You will thank God for peace of mind
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Darato: 11:20am On Jan 18
Involve God in your decisions.

Nairalanders, how may I assist you today? I'm a virtual assistant, and I can undertake various tasks including video editing, SEO optimization, transcribing, captioning, book formatting and editing, CAC business registration, resume writing, document editing, and managing social blog posts. My services are reasonably priced, affordable, and I guarantee 100% satisfaction. Feel free to contact me using the number provided in the flyer below.

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Mpcoll001: 11:22am On Jan 18
Hmmm
Startups are mostly not reliable. They barely last 2 years before they run away and leave you stranded...

My advice: offer to work remotely for them with reduced salary. With that you have 3 remote jobs cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by blowjohn(m): 11:23am On Jan 18
Where una dey see all these remote jobs

4 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Donedeal1(m): 11:26am On Jan 18
Wishes you all the best
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by money121(m): 11:26am On Jan 18
Ok
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by qanda: 11:27am On Jan 18
Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by excanny: 11:27am On Jan 18
Drop one of the remote that is problematic and pick up the 650k job. So you have 2 jobs now. The new hybrid and the best one of your remote.

7 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by Drsnives(m): 11:28am On Jan 18
Remote

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Used To Think This Is A Joke Until Is Saw This (pics) / Working With Arik Air / Dukwe Invitation, Are They Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.