Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent (12860 Views)

UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / UNN Increases School Fees By 100%, As #JusticeForUNNstudents Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Throwback: 12:03pm On Jan 18
gift2xl:
When Nigerians are ready, they will shutdown this country until they return everything to normal.

What is the normal?

Dilapidated infrastructure with N10k school fees?

3 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Madeu(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18
PinkNature:

You really need to ask yourself how much does an average Nigerian make monthly.

This is per year. Not per month.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Macphenson: 12:03pm On Jan 18
ezechi24:
You observe say no school for the eastern part dey ever complain of hike?.....keep teaching the Igbos lesson...they are really learning well.

My brother am even shocked at how much these schools are paying and yet they are complaining.

I graduated from UNIZIK in 2009 and my school fees then was 45k, I was shocked when I learnt that till 2022 UNILAG was still paying 20k for school fees

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by zebszebs: 12:03pm On Jan 18
Why should any sane parent pay #240,500 for FUTA with the likelihood that ASUU may go on strike for the next 2 years straight.

How much is Babcock University again?

Moreover, you pay this much and graduate to sell human hair, and bleaching cream on IG, dance, and make skits on TikTok.

See, school is a scam, na mumu dey go school grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by AfahaAbia(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18
Faiththatworks:
Although I'm a supporter of good Education for all Nigerians,I believe there's a point we must get to as a nation and stop the pretense.
How can a University student be paying 30000 per month as tuition fee and expect quality education.
That's trying to behave like the Ostrich who sticks it's head in the sand and believes he's invincible,we must stop the pretense that's there's no problem in the Funding of Public Universities in Nigeria.
We must start to look for solutions on how to solve this issues, Asiwaju should as a matter of urgency,start the students loan programme before the end of the month.
I also suggest Universities stop this notorious exhortation of students through sundry subheads like Departmental fees, Hospital fees, Accommodation and other unnecessary expenses on the students.
God bless Nigeria.

What are you even saying? What is the ratio of students to lecturers? Do you know how many students are in this schools?? Minimum is 5000 students. Do the maths
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Skillsnigeria: 12:05pm On Jan 18
Hmmm
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by rspy: 12:05pm On Jan 18

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Exousiang01: 12:06pm On Jan 18
Faiththatworks:
Although I'm a supporter of good Education for all Nigerians,I believe there's a point we must get to as a nation and stop the pretense.
How can a University student be paying 30000 per month as tuition fee and expect quality education.
That's trying to behave like the Ostrich who sticks it's head in the sand and believes he's invincible,we must stop the pretense that's there's no problem in the Funding of Public Universities in Nigeria.
We must start to look for solutions on how to solve this issues, Asiwaju should as a matter of urgency,start the students loan programme before the end of the month.
I also suggest Universities stop this notorious exhortation of students through sundry subheads like Departmental fees, Hospital fees, Accommodation and other unnecessary expenses on the students.
God bless Nigeria.

Nigerians hate the truth.
A university undergraduate wants to pay below N100k which is approximately $100 a semester but they want same quality of education gotten in foreign countries where students pay 1000s of dollars.
They will tell you about their free education.
Are you ready to pay the kind of tax they pay over there to afford them free education?

They will say but we had free education and feeding before.
What was the population of students in school when we had such?
YOU WANT FREE EDUCATION, CAN YOU PAY THE TAX?

I have 24hrs electricity supply where I live, I hardly put on my gen, the average Nigerian wants the same thing, the question is you fit pay the Bill?
Electricity is expensive.
Ask those in the UK how much they pay for light and water bill, ask the how much they pay for gas.
No be to dey make demands.
You fit pay?

2 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by 2blessed01(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18
Chai Naija my country...
.#God bless Nigeria🇳🇬
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by jaxxy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18
U cannot increase fees of everything at thesame time. Ut is a recipe of chaos and suffering.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Madeu(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18
Throwback:

The greatest advise to parents is to start saving for their children's university education while they are just starting the secondary school.

If the UK we all run to study can charge £9000 per university session for local students, then our public universities should be able to charge nothing less than N400k per session for Nigerian students.

Meanwhile, vocational training centers should be made very affordable too. Like N100k per year.
Not just saving. Reducing given birth to much children. A working wife and husband with a child can easily afford this fee incremnent. When a low-income couple starts birthing 5 to 8 children, those are the people that will find it difficult to pay.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Orlu13: 12:09pm On Jan 18
Igbo's must learn a lesson...we must teach them a lesson insha allah grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18
Seefinish:
Not only school fees. Everything
Minus wages and salaries

Even looting has increased too before it used to be in billions, now it's in trillions

1 Like

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Usmanovic95(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18
What happen to the student loan bill that was passed since June? No one is talking about it anymore.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Quality20(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18
Make una De patient! Continue being patient
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by imbless: 12:19pm On Jan 18
Exousiang01:

A university undergraduate wants to pay below N100k which is approximately $100 a semester but they want same quality of education gotten in foreign countries where students pay 1000s of dollars.
Are you ready to pay the kind of tax they pay over there to afford them free education?

I have 24hrs electricity supply where I live, I hardly put on my gen, the average Nigerian wants the same thing, the question is you fit pay the Bill?
Ask those in the UK how much they pay for light and water bill, ask the how much they pay for gas.
You fit pay?
How much does an average Nigerian family make? How much is minimum wage? Floating naira, hiking fuel prices, with over 400% increase in prices of goods and commodities since APC started ruling and devaluing naira without increasing minimum wage to at least 400% is pure evil and wickedness!!! Stop supporting evil, the fact that things are probably going well for you don't mean that an average Nigerian can afford 3 meals per day!! How do you expect a family to send their wards to school and afford such amount of tuition fees when they can barely feed on their low income ?
Why do people support evil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Seunpapa65: 12:24pm On Jan 18
Throwback:

The greatest advice to parents is to start saving for their children's university education while they are just starting the secondary school.

Parents pay well for primary and secondary education, but want to pay a pittance for university education.

If the UK we all run to study can charge £9000 per university session for local students, then our public universities should be able to charge nothing less than N400k per session for Nigerian students.

Meanwhile, vocational training centers should be made very affordable too. Like N100k per year.
Read what you wrote again ask your self how much is minimum wage any improvement even after this increments or is there any available job after All this suffering na WA for you ooo so it's cheap make the increase am to 400k is alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18
Deltafirstson:
Apc is the worst thing ever happened to Nigerians.

And so many of them supporting apc don't care..

1 Like

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Adakintroy: 12:27pm On Jan 18
T.b Joshua paid 50k dollars for ajoke intuition at British academy.

Did you hear that in the so called extensive BBC documentary?

Nairaland you de owe post the Ajoke clip of when she was found it's now online.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Seunpapa65: 12:28pm On Jan 18
Exousiang01:

You fit pay?
Oga rest u and you feel pay let's start with what is the pay over there let me tell you after all this increments any improvement you guys will see black and call it white how much is minimum wage
And for your information many Nigerians will be glad to pay for this services once the quality is great
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Seunpapa65: 12:29pm On Jan 18
Meanwhile you won't see any of APC defenders here
I have said my own I will personally campaign for APC we go stop this country kpatakpata

1 Like

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by wink2015(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18
The federal government, state government and local government are all financially strong to provide free education.

But the massive corruption in government is what is causing all these problems.

Money meant to renovate the Vice President official resident can be diverted to FREE EDUCATION and Nigeria will benefit from it.

What is causing insecurity in the northern part of Nigeria?

It is lack of educated youths.

Why must the FCT Minister burden the nation with huge expenditure to renovate the official resident of the Vice President, Alhaji Shettima?

Alhaji Shettima came to serve Nigerians and whatever house Nigeria can afford for him he stayed there.

Did he come to serve himself?

Is it not the same house Professor Yemi Osibanjo resided before he left power?

MANY OF THE POLITICAL LEADERS THAT ARE GIVING US PROBLEMS TODAY ENJOYED FREE EDUCATION UNDER CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO.

Many of them enjoy federal government scholarship.

But they forgot the way they started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by olumided: 12:33pm On Jan 18
Now, you all know it is APC, we warned you then. Nothing good can come out of APC. I am not a politician but I remember the era of PDP, things were very cheap.

Consider feeding rate now compared to the old era and also look school fee, and there is no increment in salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Throwback: 12:41pm On Jan 18
Seunpapa65:

Read what you wrote again ask your self how much is minimum wage any improvement even after this increments or is there any available job after All this suffering na WA for you ooo so it's cheap make the increase am to 400k is alright

You think the £9000 pounds per session that the UK government has capped university education for their local students, is money that is earned as 1 month salary by the UK public servants?

Even those in top shot private establishments with decades of work experience, don't earn £9000 per month.

So that N400k per session is very OK, considering the Nigerian economy and Nigerian minimum wage.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Bimpe29: 12:43pm On Jan 18
Basic amenities that should be easily accessible are becoming product and service of the wealthy ones.

Things keep worsening in Naija.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Throwback: 12:47pm On Jan 18
Exousiang01:

You fit pay?

Those same people complaining are ready to go pay £16k to £24k per session in the UK.

We like decieving ourselves in Nigeria, yet lament non-stop about the poor quality of education and educational infrastructure.

Many think that the £9000 cap that the UK government has set as university fees for their local student, is 1month salary of a parent over there.

Considering the Nigerian economy and minimum wage, the university tuition should be nothing less than N400k per session for the cheapest schools.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Throwback: 12:50pm On Jan 18
PinkNature:

You really need to ask yourself how much does an average Nigerian make monthly.

How much does the average UK citizen make monthly for the UK government to cap university education for local students at £9250 per session?

3 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by JWtriplex(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18
You're very foolish. Are you comparing UK to Nigeria. Since you love comparing why don't you compare our minimum wages to theirs and lots of other things like STUDENT LOANS.

Those same people complaining are ready to go pay £16k to £24k per session in the UK.

We like decieving ourselves in Nigeria, yet lament non-stop about the poor quality of education and educational infrastructure.

Many think that the £9000 cap that the UK government has set as university fees for their local student, is 1month salary of a parent over there.

Considering the Nigerian economy and minimum wage, the university tuition should be nothing less than N400k per session for the cheapest schools.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by JWtriplex(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18
[ You dey craz. Since you love comparing why don't you compare the minimum wage and something like I don't know STUDENT LOANS!! quote author=Throwback post=128000857]

Considering the Nigerian economy and minimum wage, the university tuition should be nothing less than N400k per session for the cheapest schools.[/quote]
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by BishopEmmanuel(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18
Deltafirstson:
Apc is the worst thing ever happened to Nigerians.
some mentally deranged people are still supporting them🥱

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Truflexunits(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18
Faiththatworks student loan cannot work for everybody, we are in Nigeria where everything is about frivolities. The rich and politicians will benefit the student loan more, I don’t believe in whatever Jargons they say on paper the people from low income household will benefit more, nothing works easily in this country. The government should consider that hiking school fees will cause more disaster because most people will drop out of school and start scamming people off their hard earned incomes.:
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Exousiang01: 1:21pm On Jan 18
Seunpapa65:

Oga rest u and you feel pay let's start with what is the pay over there let me tell you after all this increments any improvement you guys will see black and call it white how much is minimum wage
And for your information many Nigerians will be glad to pay for this services once the quality is great

How will the quality be great when you don't pay.
Like I said I get 24hrs electricity in my house, I pay for it before it is supplied, they power company have the confidence that we would pay, because we have a track record of not owing so even with the prepaid they know we would pay.
Do you really want them to give same benefit of doubt to a street where 80 out of 100 houses on the street are owing bill from October 2023?
If na you get the company you go supply light?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State University Student Writes Open Letter To The University's VC / The Sinking Of The Titanic- They Lied, It Wasn't The Iceberg / UNN 2012/2013 Post-Utme Result Officially Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.