Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent (12873 Views)

UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / UNN Increases School Fees By 100%, As #JusticeForUNNstudents Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18
Lifeinlight:
only civil servant around level 15 above earn over 200k and such civil servant must have spent nothing less than 28-30 years in service. I personally know civil servant on level 16 earning 256k monthly. He literally survive on loan. Did you know the amount transportation cost eat up from the salary? Feeding alone is a problem to his family. This is someone who has spent all his productive years with government

How many Nigerians had job? How many earn that compare to our massive population? We top the ladder of unemployment and poverty in the world. How many Nigerians can afford 3 square meal daily today?

The masses will soon retaliate back to those politicians. It's just a matter of time
That person is a wicked soul
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Rankine(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18
[quote author=Exousiang01 post=128000216]
In Germany education is highly subsidized. There's no tuition and they are one of the best in the world. Germany has no natural resources.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Exousiang01: 9:32pm On Jan 18
[quote author=Rankine post=128010077][/quote]

You forgot to tell us their tax rate?
You fit pay the tax wer dem dey pay for Germany?
We are not even paying noting on tax in Nigeria and you guys are already shouting "TAX payers money" how much una dey pay as tax.

What is the population of Germany.
The number of students in high schools and higher institutions in Nigeria alone is probably close to the population of the entire Germany.

Outside the subsidy, how much are they still paying?
Are they paying an equivalent of N100k.
What they pay after the subsidy is still higher than what you are paying in Nigerian higher institutions, so what exactly is your point.
Cos I can get you that they are not paying less than the equivalent of N500k.
Is any public higher institution in Nigeria paying up to N500k.
Let's stop talking because we read something somewhere.
Let's be logical and rational.
As at the time Germany was championing the world war building weapons, building cars our fathers were still admiring bicycles and calling them iron horse. You want to compare.

If we want same quality of education the west is providing we should be able to pay what the west is paying, don't come and say the economic reality here is different, it it's then education should be different.

10years ago when I had my twins, I wanted to register them at Meadow Hall, I got there, made my enquiries, I couldn't afford it, I went away, got them into busy minds just at Kunsela, chisco bustop, that was what I could afford, as time went by I changed their school, they are in the school I love them to be.
I kept on cutting my coat according to my pocket, not put them in an expensive school and start blaming the government.
Put your Pikin for school wer you go fit pay

1 Like

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Goddyrichie(m): 10:42pm On Jan 18
Faiththatworks:
Although I'm a supporter of good Education for all Nigerians,I believe there's a point we must get to as a nation and stop the pretense.
How can a University student be paying 30000 per month as tuition fee and expect quality education.
That's trying to behave like the Ostrich who sticks it's head in the sand and believes he's invincible,we must stop the pretense that's there's no problem in the Funding of Public Universities in Nigeria.
We must start to look for solutions on how to solve this issues, Asiwaju should as a matter of urgency,start the students loan programme before the end of the month.
I also suggest Universities stop this notorious exhortation of students through sundry subheads like Departmental fees, Hospital fees, Accommodation and other unnecessary expenses on the students.
God bless Nigeria.
are u trying to defend d evil government or what before u say 30k every month is too small 4 d school fees how much is d minimum wage of this country?

1 Like

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Johnson5258: 11:22pm On Jan 18
I don't understand what you are saying, the same students protesting here have the money to further their education abroad, paying heavily and boosting other countries economy, if their parent can afford abroad school fees then they should adjust to this one too, after all you don't want the government to borrow.

Deltafirstson:
Apc is the worst thing ever happened to Nigerians.
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Johnson5258: 11:30pm On Jan 18
God will bless you, they pay heavily to school abroad, Nigerians and are expecting to pay peanut here, part of the school fees being paid abroad is what is giving banks FX backlogs, leave jaaapa to those who got jobs alone and see how drastically the figure will drop.

After the last ASUU strike, majority enjoying cheap schools moved their kids to private university, my school had to stop Top up program because they had alot of Jambite.

Abeg leave that story of no money, for this country......na lie....

Exousiang01:

You forgot to tell us their tax rate?
You fit pay the tax wer dem dey pay for Germany?
We are not even paying noting on tax in Nigeria and you guys are already shouting "TAX payers money" how much una dey pay as tax.

What is the population of Germany.
The number of students in high schools and higher institutions in Nigeria alone is probably close to the population of the entire Germany.

Outside the subsidy, how much are they still paying?
Are they paying an equivalent of N100k.
What they pay after the subsidy is still higher than what you are paying in Nigerian higher institutions, so what exactly is your point.
Cos I can get you that they are not paying less than the equivalent of N500k.
Is any public higher institution in Nigeria paying up to N500k.
Let's stop talking because we read something somewhere.
Let's be logical and rational.
As at the time Germany was championing the world war building weapons, building cars our fathers were still admiring bicycles and calling them iron horse. You want to compare.

If we want same quality of education the west is providing we should be able to pay what the west is paying, don't come and say the economic reality here is different, it it's then education should be different.

10years ago when I had my twins, I wanted to register them at Meadow Hall, I got there, made my enquiries, I couldn't afford it, I went away, got them into busy minds just at Kunsela, chisco bustop, that was what I could afford, as time went by I changed their school, they are in the school I love them to be.
I kept on cutting my coat according to my pocket, not put them in an expensive school and start blaming the government.
Put your Pikin for school wer you go fit pay

Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Lifeinlight: 7:58am On Jan 19
Johnson5258:
I don't understand what you are saying, the same students protesting here have the money to further their education abroad, paying heavily and boosting other countries economy, if their parent can afford abroad school fees then they should adjust to this one too, after all you don't want the government to borrow.

stop writing rubbish. How many students can afford schooling abroad? Less than 2%. How many Nigerians can even afford 3 square meal daily in your emilokan government?
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Johnson5258: 10:54am On Jan 19
Back it up with data.

Lifeinlight:
stop writing rubbish. How many students can afford schooling abroad? Less than 2%. How many Nigerians can even afford 3 square meal daily in your emilokan government?
Re: Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent by Truflexunits(m): 4:21pm On Jan 20
Exousiang01:

You dont believe in the Nigerian student loan but you believe in the US student loan.
NeoColonializm
I have never been to US so I don’t know how their system work but all I’m saying is if those who really need the loan are giving the opportunity to access it would be commendable, Nigeria is a country where rich pulls the rich up while poor keep going down….. tell me how a roadside petty seller without financial assistance from well wishers would be able to send a child to university as the tuition fees keep going up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice / I Feel Like Commiting Suicide. Bet9ja Has Finished Me / LASG Frowns At Non-Compliance With Academic Calendar By Some Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.