Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) (40537 Views)

Get A CCTV Camera For As Low As 18k To Secure Your Business/shop / Allow Your Business Shop/ Location To Be Seen On Google Map / Can 60k Start Phone Accessories Business (-shop Rent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Elninomufasa: 10:00am On Jan 18
First buying biscuit isn't the problem, you need to know the type of biscuit that moves in your vicinity. That will determine the price of the biscuit. Same goes for the soft drinks.

The business is a good one if the environment supports it. Some carton of biscuit are 4k while some are within 2k7. Drinks range from 1k7 to 3k depending on the drink in vogue in your environment. Aside shop rent having 700k would start a little bit because this market depends on turnover.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Theoarhics: 10:03am On Jan 18
Ask aboki
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:06am On Jan 18
You can start with 500k depending on the Location, pay for the shop and get some goods; the wholesalers or marketers will give some goods to sell and pay later and business goes on.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Sleekfingers: 10:08am On Jan 18
money121:
Morning Nairalanders
Please like how much the person should budget

Someone wants to know

What's stopping you from going to the market in your area? With that, you will get first-hand information.
You expect someone to spoon-feed you, you and that person are not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ezegenigbonine: 10:10am On Jan 18
The most useless business ever. Sell one carton of indomie and make 200 naira gain. U can start with 300k. It can equip that shop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by bonnyhope: 10:10am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
oga everything I am seeing there can't be more than 1.5m at most. Those are cheap edibles not electronic gadgets

Edibles are no more cheap
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abimbola74(m): 10:10am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
It depends on the location of the shop first. Some shops of that type can be up to 2m in some places, while in some places It may not be up to 200k.

Those items in that shop can't be more than 1.5m
It will definitely be more than 1.5 bruh , u think na small money be all those things , as it looks scanty don’t be surprised if you are spending more than 2m. Baba na when my wife wan start I know even 2m can’t be close to enough to start ooo.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by happney65: 10:11am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
It depends on the location of the shop first. Some shops of that type can be up to 2m in some places, while in some places It may not be up to 200k.

Those items in that shop are not up too 400K. Na random shop wey housewives for area dey take sell outside of their houses

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abimbola74(m): 10:13am On Jan 18
Greyworld:

Okay...
God bless you for this response . Make nobody stress you this new year 😂😂😂. He should carry 200k go market 😂😂. Those drinks alone , 200k can’t buy it cos cartons are now like 6k for some , 5k for some

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ezegenigbonine: 10:14am On Jan 18
YourNextLevel:
2M is okey but you can start-up with 500K and turnover

I saw someone saying that those things are not expensive like gadgets lol

EVA WINE ?

Smallest sachet of detergent is now N170
Malt N350 etc

Even N250k can have a kick-start

That shop is not more than 400k bro.
Biscuit 4500 per caton × 20 carton is 90000
Mineral plastic bottle 12 per pack = 1699
You can buy 15 packs which is 25485.
You have never spent half of he money and this product I mentioned will nearly fill the shop

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abimbola74(m): 10:15am On Jan 18
Ogatobe:

Nothing less than 2m naira.
God bless you bruh . Some no go still believe
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by motionarena: 10:16am On Jan 18
money121:
Morning Nairalanders

Someone wants to know

If you going into this business would advise u add other supporting revenue like POS qnd recharge sells.

To be honest the gains are very little
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abimbola74(m): 10:17am On Jan 18
Goodnewsforlife:
Aside shop rent

700k go run am well

Many of those stuffs there are biscuits n minor things that aren’t that expensive, don’t b surprised a carton might b 2k n 50 cartons will b 100k n once u see it assembled together u go think say na one big thing

Op don’t mind those people mentioning millions cos it’s obvious they don’t know much about it, start with any amount n u will start restocking with the turn over

U can even b lucky that some companies will give u goods on credit n u will pay later

Try enter contribution n tell them they should give u d first one so u can use it to stock your shop

U don’t need millions jare

Start first with whatever u have

The reason I don’t rate comments here on nairaland is because many of them don’t even know what they are talking about but they just want to call amount n feel big

If u doubt me, go to auto section and tell them u want to buy a bicycle n your budget is 50 million naira, they will always tell u the money isn’t enough

They will start calling ridiculous prices way above the budget
Please do well and list out those items and Goan price it in the market sir . That’s what my wife is into , e go suprise you that even 500k is useless when you get to the market .

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abimbola74(m): 10:19am On Jan 18
Encyclopedia1:
Bros, no mind all the 200k, 1.5M oooo. Bros, u need a minimum of 3M including 1 year shop rent.
Baba God bless you . Those saying 200k don’t even have an idea , na to just Dey run mouth online dem sabi
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Bullfallo(m): 10:22am On Jan 18
Don’t go into this business if you don’t understand it. Pos in a busy location is even better. Those small small things you are seeing there cab gulps 3m for everything right now
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Advancedman(m): 10:23am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:

You analysis off me o.
2m vs 200k
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Georgeduke84: 10:24am On Jan 18
My spirit is telling me that you want to know if ur friend who is the only of the shop is now rich or becoming rich not that you are asking to start a business ( I smell jealousy)
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by 1TrippleCee: 10:24am On Jan 18
money121:
Morning Nairalanders

Someone wants to know

4 Million Naira. 2 Million Naira for rent, 2M for goods
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Flesh10: 10:24am On Jan 18
U go use mouth chop am finish worse if u have kids

See this business if you don't have enough capital hovering over 2m to go into it big and Stack up goods immediately anything is sold you will lose

1. First the business is mostly favourable to wholesalers who sell in cartons and quickly go and replace them (reason I suggested 2m)

2. The profit is laughable. You can buy a carton of biscuit for 4k and hoping to make profit of ₦100 from each carton. If you are not selling in bulk and choose to sell one one before you finish selling no 3 may happen

3. You have various enemies like rats, cockroaches and even breeze. Most especially if a rat enters your store it could wipe off both your capital and profit in a day by damaging your goods. Some mitigate this by putting cats inside the store but what about breeze and ants?

4. If you have small children your own is finished. They will eat and drink your profit before you breath. You will think your husband is understanding but e go shock u say Na from your store children school snacks will be taken from before and after school. Oga will be pleased to get that burden off his wage bill

5. I will stop here. You will be surprised to see that from your purse everyday you are using your own savings to support the business. Even house upkeeping money oga gives to you.

I am not discouraging you ooooo but if you are not going big with at least ₦2,000,000 for wholesale sales be sure that your husband is supportive and the type that will be ready to inject more funds into the business when empty cartons and shelves are rising faster that actual goods

My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Advancedman(m): 10:25am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
oga everything I am seeing there can't be more than 1.5m at most. Those are cheap edibles not electronic gadgets

You are such a heartless arrogant individual you call anything in this Nigeria cheap item.
Your privilege level is out of this world.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by oweniwe(m): 10:25am On Jan 18
MuslimIgbo:

You're even generous sef.
All those carton of biscuits and drinks can't exceed 500k.

Enter the business first and see for yourself
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Enemyofpeace: 10:27am On Jan 18
Bring 500k and I will load times two of that in your shop

What's up Mynd44? I'm hungry o
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:27am On Jan 18
To make good profits, you will need 5m. I'll advise you you to sell drinks like gin and others if not oyo.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by abobote: 10:28am On Jan 18
One of the worst business, except if it is in a busy place where there is steady customers.
The profits are very small, so you need to have plenty sales to meet up
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Slimlord(m): 10:29am On Jan 18
Greyworld:

Go market this morning and price things again
I think he or she was talking about the rent and not the goods
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Hezmatosky: 10:32am On Jan 18
My dear nothing dey inside groceries o. My wife did it, e no last reach a year she fold up. In the first place, as you dey sell, you dey bring for house use, and most of these products their gain no pass 100 to 200 naira per carton. Which maybe one or two extra inside. Secondly, na everyday you go dey here different stories from people who wan collect credit and you won't say no to all. Thirdly, expiry dates. Gala na two weeks hope you know? Fourth, rats and cockroaches will be your neighbours. At the end, what will you account for?
Not about the first capital matters, you must get backup money if you must succeed.
All the same no gain there. Na exchange of money business. Buy 10 naira, you sell 10 naira.
You can also make gains through selling likely unknown or irregular items such as creams, and general cosmetics. For example, you can buy Seun body lotion for 200 naira and seel it for 2k if you get mouth. Na there you fit see small gain cover the one family and children don short you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by thesicilian: 10:36am On Jan 18
christejames:
Just be determined to excel in it, it doesn't matter how much you start with...
Nice word. And it's important to also have a positive outlook on things so that you can have an edge in the business

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ThunderFireAgba: 10:38am On Jan 18
Samakus:
Money no dey provision business o

Just so u know.

Use that money and do foodstuff business. Raw foodstuffs. You'll be amazed at how much profit is in the business

It's not glamorous but guy, you go dey ball
Like what sir?
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Emeka71(m): 10:39am On Jan 18
Greyworld:

Go market this morning and price things again
So right.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ThunderFireAgba: 10:40am On Jan 18
femi4:
1M sef. Some of the cartons fit dey empty
How you take know oga? grin grin
People sef..
Na so you take dey run your own?
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Goodnewsforlife: 10:43am On Jan 18
abimbola74:

Please do well and list out those items and Goan price it in the market sir . That’s what my wife is into , e go suprise you that even 500k is useless when you get to the market .
yes

10 million is even useless

No b nairaland again?
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Skillsnigeria: 10:45am On Jan 18
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Legit Is Piggyvest / Tony Elumelu Shows His Flexibility Yoga Skills / Abdulsamad Rabiu Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.