Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) (40532 Views)

Get A CCTV Camera For As Low As 18k To Secure Your Business/shop / Allow Your Business Shop/ Location To Be Seen On Google Map / Can 60k Start Phone Accessories Business (-shop Rent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by 77up(m): 10:48am On Jan 18
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn
wetting you dey learn? No be yahoo boy scammer you be undecided
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by CarlosTheJackal: 10:48am On Jan 18
gloryhomemaker:
You will be surprised what's in that shop is over 5 million with the current economy. No jokes.
Just shush if you don't know what to say.

You are calling millions like it's hundreds
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Think9ja(m): 10:51am On Jan 18
Goodnewsforlife:
Aside shop rent

700k go run am well

Many of those stuffs there are biscuits n minor things that aren’t that expensive, don’t b surprised a carton might b 2k n 50 cartons will b 100k n once u see it assembled together u go think say na one big thing

Op don’t mind those people mentioning millions cos it’s obvious they don’t know much about it, start with any amount n u will start restocking with the turn over

U can even b lucky that some companies will give u goods on credit n u will pay later

Try enter contribution n tell them they should give u d first one so u can use it to stock your shop

U don’t need millions jare

Start first with whatever u have

The reason I don’t rate comments here on nairaland is because many of them don’t even know what they are talking about but they just want to call amount n feel big

If u doubt me, go to auto section and tell them u want to buy a bicycle n your budget is 50 million naira, they will always tell u the money isn’t enough

They will start calling ridiculous prices way above the budget

Una de give advice for nairaland sha.

Someone wants to know what the cost of setting up a business is like.
You guys are already suggesting collecting things on credit and also using contribution money.

So because he's a nairalander, once he starts his business, all other customers will leave their current clients and start patronizing him abi? Or because he's a nairalander, middle men will just supply him goods without knowing how fast he can sell and remit payment.

*Start with what you have is not for everyone and it's not for every business*
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:57am On Jan 18
Ask aboki
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by dannykares: 10:58am On Jan 18
Btw 350k - 600k
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Blackman101: 11:04am On Jan 18
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ABC101FF: 11:07am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
oga everything I am seeing there can't be more than 1.5m at most. Those are cheap edibles not electronic gadgets
Your were very fair and just in your estimate. I'd say 1m.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by ABC101FF: 11:10am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
oga everything I am seeing there can't be more than 1.5m at most. Those are cheap edibles not electronic gadgets
Your were very fair and just in your estimate. I'd say 1m that's not because what I see is worth 1m but because there might be other items not captured by the camera and then of course a freezer for cooling drinks so yes 1.5 rent inclusive in a rural area.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by sniperr007(m): 11:19am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
You no add rent for shop
Carpentery work for shop and other miscellaneous expenses

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by U2ice(m): 11:22am On Jan 18
If you get children na dem go chop this things finish use your money open pos points
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Babaken(m): 11:22am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
It depends on the location of the shop first. Some shops of that type can be up to 2m in some places, while in some places It may not be up to 200k.

Those items in that shop can't be more than 1.5m
I think he's talking the amount of goods in the shop.

For me 1.5 to 2m will go a long way.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Anaya4life: 11:28am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:

E nor fit reach 500k sef
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by sketching: 11:32am On Jan 18
BigDawsNet:
Plus Shop rent... budget 1m

Then burglary proof or someone that would sleep there t night.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:39am On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:
It depends on the location of the shop first. Some shops of that type can be up to 2m in some places, while in some places It may not be up to 200k.

Those items in that shop can't be more than 1.5m

It may not be up to kini?

The goods in the shop, na steal dem go steal dem abi na dash?

Boss gone are those days that 200k can set up something like this. It is no longer possible
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by rex21: 11:44am On Jan 18
After going through the comment section, any knowledgeable person will agree with me that internet opinions shouldn't be trusted or even used for reference. 99% of comments here are not from people who are knowledgeable to give answers to the question.
Coming to the question asked. Besides store rent one can use between 300-500k to get a shop like the one in the picture used.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Abbeyme: 11:48am On Jan 18
JealousCobra:

Which part of the world are you posting from?

For someone that wants to start up a business, there'll be facility rental, alternate power generator, aesthetics and installation of other services before stocking commences. And remember that profit will not float until about 5 months after full startup.

All these have been put into consideration.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by obyikye(f): 11:56am On Jan 18
You are right, only the indomie there is worth more than 150k

gloryhomemaker:
You will be surprised what's in that shop is over 5 million with the current economy. No jokes.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18
Maybe from 600k - 800k, Excluding rent.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Gandollar(f): 12:13pm On Jan 18
money121:
Morning Nairalanders
Please like how much the person should budget

Someone wants to know

You need about 1.2m to make it make sense. It also depends on your location. If your rent is 200k, you also need a small deep freezer to chill those drinks. A small new freezer is about 180k. You need a small fan of about 30k. Then use 600k buy the goods and use the rest for any minor touch up you may need.

But be very careful when buying goods. Buy only things in demand in your immediate environment that sell out quickly.

Buy everything in small small quantity for staters.

Then grow your business gradually.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Gandollar(f): 12:16pm On Jan 18
gloryhomemaker:
Haaa shocked

You sure you can make a home laidis Gloria?

5m

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Gandollar(f): 12:18pm On Jan 18
rex21:
After going through the comment section, any knowledgeable person will agree with me that internet opinions shouldn't be trusted or even used for reference. 99% of comments here are not from people who are knowledgeable to give answers to the question.
Coming to the question asked. Besides store rent one can use between 300-500k to get a shop like the one in the picture used.
Abegiiiiiiiiii
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Phemzeal(f): 12:39pm On Jan 18
Rome is not built in a day... Start with what you have after Rent.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Kaycee9242(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18
Pierohandsome:

Its not even up to that amount you mentioned, unless there are hidden things we are not seeing

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by mrdigitalm: 12:56pm On Jan 18
Let me speak my own English.

I am a visibility expert for location-based businesses and have also done business consulting for businesses just starting. While I may not be able to tell you the exact cost, I just want to point out some areas you should not miss out in your calculation.

1. The cost of setting up the store. Store rent aside, you see those wooden racks? The one where the products are arranged? It cost money. You see the tiled floor? The painting? They cost money. What about the billboard you would put outside? It cost money. You may need to even do some extra constructions or installations in your shop. Some of these things may already be in the store you rent, and some of them are very affordable. But make sure you are putting the cost of setting up the store into consideration when you look at your situation.

2. Security. Depending on your area, bad boys will always abound. From the picture, a shop like this looks like it will be in a local area. You may need to install "protector gates" if not installed, or just get a shop that already has one. Some stores even install in their roofs too. So either get a very secure store, or calculate the cost of installing any extra security.

3. Operating equipments. Do you need a fridge? Will you have a generator? Factor this in.
4. Operating costs. You may be focused on the capital cost alone, but it's good to also have operating cost set aside as your business will not make enough profit immediatley. Costs like light bill and/or fuel expenses if you will be running a generator. Will community boys make demands or any other body make demands in your area? Will you employ a salesgirl, or you will be the one there? Are there another costs you will pay on a monthly basis? Having at least 6months of this as part of your capital will help your business thrive.

Consider any other subtle cost that you may not be thinking of, aside from rent and products.

But then again, all these is just plenty English. You can really start any business without needing a huge capital and putting every single thing in place. But make sure you are starting what you can finish. Always have a plan B and a backup fund. Most businesses fail because they expect their business to succeed too quickly. It takes time, keep this in mind.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by VEXT: 12:57pm On Jan 18
Goodnewsforlife:
yes

10 million is even useless

No b nairaland again?

And most of them no get even 10k for account
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by rex21: 1:00pm On Jan 18
Gandollar:
Abegiiiiiiiiii
Use your signature take caution yourself grin grin grin🤣🤣
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by LeeSmart: 1:01pm On Jan 18
Jestin:
You can’t make a good profit in this kind of business. Use the money to start bar/drinks
Na this same bar/drinks business some PH boys help my wife run am down last year after investing close to 6mil.

If u mention the word bar na run my wife the run oo lol.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Gandollar(f): 1:13pm On Jan 18
rex21:

Use your signature take caution yourself grin grin grin🤣🤣
grin
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by NwaliE01: 1:17pm On Jan 18
I beg you. Find another business. This is not business to invest your energy and time in this 21st century.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by lildush(m): 1:22pm On Jan 18
After getting the shop ready. Keep 1million for goods.
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Kevineleven(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18
money121:
Morning Nairalanders
Please like how much the person should budget

Someone wants to know

At least 2million
But you can start with 1.5m
Re: How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) by Fancymam: 2:12pm On Jan 18
Top 10 Business Ideas and Opportunities In AfricaThat Will Make More Millionaires (2024)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzPjmdcMUIQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Legit Is Piggyvest / Tony Elumelu Shows His Flexibility Yoga Skills / Abdulsamad Rabiu Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.