Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection (7074 Views)

Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom / Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by Shomek(m): 10:30am On Jan 18
I love glo it only wealthy people that use glo because they don't have free mode data on fb i spend alot of money on data when i am using glo now am using airtel
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by spiSeyi: 10:42am On Jan 18
tiswell:
Soon they will come here to tell us how they are the richest in Forbes 🤣

IGBO mulum ututu oma nu o!
Shebi nah money dey owe MTN but not like the yeastern billionaires that are owing India, Brazil, SA and other Asians jail term undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by alfredilly: 10:48am On Jan 18
NaijaNaWaa:
Can someone explain this to me: the owner of Glo, Chief Mike Adenuga, is said to be Nigeria’s second richest person with a net worth of $7.4 billion. How come then that he (yes, because he’s the sole owner of Glo) is owing MTN so much in interconnectivity fees? Is it that the reported wealth is fake or that he’s a notorious, insensitive debtor?

Who can explain this conundrum to me?

First, you need to understand that the man's wealth is tied to the profit generated by his own company. Now, given the financial strain of interconnection charges which is weighing against Globacom in their competition with MTN, it's not in the owners best interest.
But the big question is why Globacom seem to be at the losing end end here? And I've asked countless times why the necessity for interconnection connection. The service provider can limit their income to what they charge their subscriber. In this case, MTN is the bigger players. And if anything is justifiable in interconnection charges, it is the benefit accrued to company with lesser costumer. Company like Globacom can leverage on the call coming into it from the dominant network. Why is the balance tilted against them. Is it that MTN has remitted their excess charges but Glo is refusing to return the crumbs.
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by 1Nairaboy(m): 10:48am On Jan 18
this explains alot to me about my GLO network. I have been wondering what is wrong with my GLO network
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by MartinsD12(m): 10:52am On Jan 18
chokekachy:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-ncc-grants-glo-more-time-to-settle-with-mtn/?fbclid=IwAR0PgdhVEteYGJHzUIO2pDKWhu4zYaTRXmruU-1ksA7m1lfbbRUSuY8QZaY

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7962277/partial-disconnection-glo-subscribers-barred#127838606
Glo is dead these days , they are legendary for being the snail network of Nigeria, very frustrating with 4G LTE that can't download 50mb file in 1 minutes, even though mtn data no dey last I still prefer it because it's super fast I don't have Airtel sim now I can't say anything about them
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by Ray07(m): 10:52am On Jan 18
Angelfrost:
Consume made in Nigeria to grow the Naira...!

The made in Nigeria can't even stand well to meet needs.

See how Glo has been struggling since inception.
grin
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by adambest(m): 11:12am On Jan 18
Rahkman:
Who dey use glo??
I dey use am and I dey enjoy am.. Glo with pride na d network wey sabi mtn na olé

1 Like

Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by adambest(m): 11:14am On Jan 18
Rahkman:
Who dey use glo??

I dey use am and I dey enjoy am.. Glo with pride na d network wey sabi mtn na olé
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by CorrectionFLuid: 11:27am On Jan 18
NaijaNaWaa:
Can someone explain this to me: the owner of Glo, Chief Mike Adenuga, is said to be Nigeria’s second richest person with a net worth of $7.4 billion. How come then that he (yes, because he’s the sole owner of Glo) is owing MTN so much in interconnectivity fees? Is it that the reported wealth is fake or that he’s a notorious, insensitive debtor?

I think he's even worth more. So it's not fake. I think he's a chronic debtor. Most rich people are.

But also I think GLO is not his main business. I think it's just a money laundering vehicle. Reason there's so much poor service and so much money spent on branding.

With a telecoms company, he can easily launder money for himself and cronies.

1 Like

Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by NaijaNaWaa: 11:38am On Jan 18
CorrectionFLuid:

I think he's even worth more. So it's not fake. I think he's a chronic debtor. Most rich people are.

But also I think GLO is not his main business. I think it's just a money laundering vehicle. Reason there's so much poor service and so much money spent on branding.

With a telecoms company, he can easily launder money for himself and cronies.

I don’t know what else he is into aside Glo. The bank failed long ago. The oil company isn’t doing much from the look of things. But as you alluded, I learned the man is a notorious debtor; forever in hiding.
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by tiswell(m): 11:51am On Jan 18
spiSeyi:

Shebi nah money dey owe MTN but not like the yeastern billionaires that are owing India, Brazil, SA and other Asians jail term undecided
Stale

Rest!
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by CyberWolf: 12:06pm On Jan 18
NaijaNaWaa:

The reported wealth are all bogus, fake and not only him, but most of his kind. They are among the biggest debtors in the country, causing banks to collapse up and down.
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by ViceGovernor: 3:11pm On Jan 18
Adenuga just climbed to number 2 on the richest list but this greedy South African xenophobes want him to roger so he can drop off....no way.😒

It's time we all start using Glo and abandon those foreign networks... Glo sef should try and improve their network.
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by bizhop01: 9:10pm On Jan 18
Glo should stop packing ambassadors everywhere that don't even used their network, They should improve their speed on snail network because their service is so terrible outside lagos.
Quality keep MTN stronger, they don't need 200 ambassadors to promote poor service
Re: NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection by samadeyanju1: 9:49pm On Jan 18
Because the economy isn't smiling. I believe Glo might also be owing most staffs salaries.GLO WITH PRIDE.Because the economy isn't smiling. I believe Glo might also be owing most staffs salaries.GLO WITH PRIDE....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turn Wifi Only Ipad, Ipod Touch And Android Tablet To Phone,all 5 In 1 Gadget / Live Pictures From The Camon C9 Launch In Lagos / China Mobile A3s Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.