Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions (10132 Views)

P&ID: FG Secures Variation Of UK Court Order On $200m Deposit / Godwin Emefiele Appears Before Senate Committee, Asks To Speak Off-Camera / Igbo VS Yoruba: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bail Variation Of Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by victorclean(f): 11:25am On Jan 18
Djponpin1:

What this man did to my business in 2023…..I almost lost everything that me and my family almost beg for foods. That time of new naira notes, imagine using 20k transfer to buy 10k with serious begging from POS guys. Only God will judge.

The worst hardship so far. People died in the bank premises etc. His evil is unpardonable.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by Ironbull: 11:35am On Jan 18
Variation not allow bro.

You will pay fully for your recklessness and dumbness.

When you were going everywhere like an Emperor daring everyone I told you then your days are numbered and here it comes.

You will remain in Kuje till 2031 that is what I personally want for making me to bought my own hard earned money with money during your satanic cash swap, bro na die you dey you will learn in hardway never to be wicked again in your life.

No damn variation should be given.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by treatise: 11:46am On Jan 18
Reza69:
Re
The judge should not agree to any variation oo, he will soon go back to that kuje prison after his conviction that's where he will spend the rest of his life.
A heartless blood sucking dracula, squeezed the life out of millions Nigeria just because he has power and authority.

Buhari should be under house arrest.
Judge shouldn't Gree for anybody? grin
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by Didi2d(m): 11:56am On Jan 18
Djponpin1:

What this man did to my business in 2023…..I almost lost everything that me and my family almost beg for foods. That time of new naira notes, imagine using 20k transfer to buy 10k with serious begging from POS guys. Only God will judge.

Imagine that!

And some people here, just because they don't like tinubu, they want the court to release him just like that
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by MrCork: 12:00pm On Jan 18
nairalandkachy1:
Recall that in November last year, the FCT High Court granted the ex-CBN Governor bail for the sum of N300 million

https://punchng.com/breaking-emefiele-in-court-seeks-variation-of-bail-conditions/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1ebZzZrj-VljAfVRYSb-eRfxkQ_IpLygoIcjFYJ34DBFm9miNenPXUpTI#Echobox=1705566942

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7918828/again-court-grants-emefiele-bail#127102821

they neededto jail this Biafra terrrrrorissst
Nnamdi kanu wannnna-be scum IPOD sopota...he needto rot in prison!! (no oofencse)
angry
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by Judolisco(m): 12:48pm On Jan 18
LibertyRep:
This man.
That's how the case will tarry till public interest wanes and it's overtaken by another scandal.

Where's Dasuki?
dasuki na personal vendetta.... Jst like dis one.... I think tinubu begged him to allow d old naira and he refused
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by Coronavirus1: 1:31pm On Jan 18
Former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele

The Federal Capital Territory High Court has granted the request of a former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, to travel out of Abuja.

Emefiele, through his lawyer, Mathew Bukka, SAN had requested for a variation of the terms in his bail conditions.

On November 22, 2023, Justice Hamza Muazu of the FCT High Court granted Emefiele bail in the sum of N300m with two sureties in like sum.

Justice Muazu added that the sureties must have landed property in the Maitama District of the FCT.

The judge also ordered the former CBN governor not to leave the court’s jurisdiction and directed him to deposit all his travel documents with the court.

At the proceedings on Thursday, Bukka urged the court to grant the prayers of his client.

He assured the court that Emefiele would not jump bail if the restriction was lifted.

Bukka added that the defendant’s traveling documents are with the court, adding that given the status of the defendant, he won’t jump bail.

The counsel for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Rotimi Oyedepo, SAN, did not object.

He said, “From experience, we have seen cases where travel documents are with the court and the defendant will travel out of the country. What they usually do is to go to the immigration and depose an affidavit that their traveling documents are missing.

“So, in addition to his traveling documents being with the court, he should write an undertaking that the defendant will remain in Nigeria for the duration of his trial. I am not in any way suggesting the defendant will jump bail. ”

Ruling, the judge held that Emefiele must remain in the country pending the conclusion of his trial.

He said, “The defendant’s application is hereby granted. He must remain in the country for the pendency of his trial. “
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by worksmart(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18
Fake news.
I believe Emefiele was murdered before Tinubu claimed that he had resigned.

Ever wondered why there are no recent photos of video clips of him ?
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by gaskiyamagana: 3:45pm On Jan 18
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by frog12: 4:29pm On Jan 18
they allow am to travel shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Emefiele Appears In Court, Seeks Variation Of Bail Conditions by 196chetachi: 10:21pm On Jan 18
Nigeria sweet for drama when u are big lolNigeria sweet for drama when u are big lol...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunshots Rock PDP Primaries In Makurdi, One Injured / Jimi Agbaje: I Have Not Joined The APC, Disregard Falsehoods / DSS Grills Tokunbo Talabi, Ogun SSG, Over Ballot Paper Printing, COVID-19 Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.