Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers (23543 Views)

“We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim / Niger: Court Sentences Three Herdsmen To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery / Kogi: Three Kidnappers Killed, Two Others Caught By Hunters (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Besto(m): 11:05pm On Jan 18
OKUCHI11:

But can't there be a sentence like working to death

I mean we can use them to carry out huge construction works and if they happen to die it's a win -win situation for the country

Lol. You badt o
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by pedel: 11:10pm On Jan 18
Olatunji1929:
Special court need to be created for armed robbers,kidnappers,bandits and bokoharam and their case should not last more than 3 months in court if they are found guilty they should be killed infront of their family house live on tv
The problem with that is the possibility of wrongful conviction. The Nigerian police will arrest innocent people and parade them as kidnappers.
Maybe death sentence may be signed after the case has gone to the Supreme Court and the accused is provided with legal representation.
Even in the USA people spent more than 48 years in prison for rape they didn't commit. Imagine what would happen in Naija.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Nadingo: 11:11pm On Jan 18
topoftheworld:

What will now happen to them?
They'll be in death row. And I'm assuring you you're better off hanged than to live in death row of a Nigerian prison.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Ance4Liverpool: 11:13pm On Jan 18
They should just bring them out in an open field then invite those people that has encountered kidnappers in one way or the other to come and use stone to finish them
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Easyluv2live(m): 11:25pm On Jan 18
OKUCHI11:

I mean we can use them to carry out huge construction works and if they happen to die it's a win -win situation for the country
Bros u wan use dem take build pyramid for nija fear God small abeg...
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by YourGFsnatcher: 11:37pm On Jan 18
OKUCHI11:

So have so much trust in this system. I bet you if you try that 98% will be freed with small money
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by ablejesus26(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18
haffaze777:
This is a welcome development

Sentencing is one thing, execution is another.

This bastards be executed in full glare of the public view so others will know that the Country is serious about fighting kidnapping and banditory.

Nija no b serious Country at all.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by 99thEnemy(m): 12:27am On Jan 19
GOFRONT:
In Nigeria??

Who gave that court Approval to sentence criminals to death by Hanging
The Nigerian Constitution of course.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by 99thEnemy(m): 12:30am On Jan 19
DrChukki:
I will suggest death by firing squad... In public where everyone will see them and advise themselves.
You lived through the Nigerian military era if I’m not wrong.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:37am On Jan 19
GanagiBitrus:

Death by Public Firing squad would have served more as deterrent to other kidnappers.
walahi if them dey do ham like that , kidnapping and all forms of criminalities will reduced a great deal.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Charly68: 12:59am On Jan 19
God bless the judge
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Invest4growth: 1:05am On Jan 19
No mercy for the wicked. The state governor should ensure this case is prosecuted to supreme court asap and the governor should sign the death warrant without hesitation. He who kill by the sword must die by the sword. An eye for an eye. I remember while growing up, my Dad went to bar beach during public executions in Lagos. The indomie generation have not seen where criminals are publicly executed. Perhaps if they see it then crimes may go down. An.eye for eye.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by loswhite(m): 2:08am On Jan 19
GOFRONT:
In Nigeria??

Are you a kidnapper? They should be burnt alive.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by loswhite(m): 2:09am On Jan 19
OKUCHI11:

So they can escape? They need to be burnt alive
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by loswhite(m): 2:11am On Jan 19
Isobug:
Why not life imprisonment because the Governor will leave it for the next governor who would also leave it for the next governor to sign, and so on till the prisoner dies or release on pardon.
But honestly, these people deserve whatever extreme punishment meted to them. Very heartless souls. You collect ransom and you still kill the victim, that's too much of evil
Why not burn them alive? We need strong deterrent but the Nigerian state is encouraging kidnapping for ransom. Since 2017 case still in court...rubbish system.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Ernchibyke(m): 2:31am On Jan 19
Atarakpa:
Will the governor sign. The ans is no. Since the return of democracy in 1999. The only governor that signs that is only oshomole.
Why won't he sign?
Pls enlighten me. Or rather put while do they still need the governors accent when court has given its verdict?
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by AviatorMoney(m): 2:49am On Jan 19
GOFRONT:
In Nigeria??

Are u a fool?
Wat nonsense did u just spilled??
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by AviatorMoney(m): 2:50am On Jan 19
loswhite:
Are you a kidnapper? They should be burnt alive.
No questions!!
He is a serial kidnapper,and we are getting him soon
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by preciouswoman66(m): 3:06am On Jan 19
topoftheworld:

What will now happen to them?

They'll rot in jail
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by HRMK: 3:11am On Jan 19
HOW MANY OF SUCH CRIMINALS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN LAST TWO OR THREE DECADES?NONE!THEY RESUME TAKING FREE FOOD AT THE CELLS WHILE THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS CONTINUE CONTINUE TO LIVE IN HUNGER!!

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by ceejay80s(m): 5:42am On Jan 19
flexyrule:
You that cannot kill common fowl.
Lol
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Chukwuka319(m): 6:14am On Jan 19
Welcome development, because these creatures are very heartless and have thrown their human feelings and conscience to the wind.They deserve the death sentence, like every other kidnapper.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by DrChukki: 6:22am On Jan 19
99thEnemy:

You lived through the Nigerian military era if I’m not wrong.
No boss... I was born in the mid 90s
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by 99thEnemy(m): 7:05am On Jan 19
DrChukki:

No boss... I was born in the mid 90s
You be Abacha pikin be that. grin

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by DrChukki: 7:25am On Jan 19
99thEnemy:

You be Abacha pikin be that. grin
grin grin
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Thazard(m): 7:37am On Jan 19
Olatunji1929:
Special court need to be created for armed robbers,kidnappers,bandits and bokoharam and their case should not last more than 3 months in court if they are found guilty they should be killed infront of their family house live on tv
Exactly!
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by tola268: 7:49am On Jan 19
Public firing is better than by hanging
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by BeeNG3: 7:58am On Jan 19
Ope o. Please do it immediately o
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by dbestcno(m): 8:10am On Jan 19
GOFRONT:
In Nigeria??

Court is not the final day for death sentencing. They court will submit the names to the governor who will approve it. Besides part of their charges was Murder
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by Atarakpa: 8:16am On Jan 19
Ernchibyke:

Why won't he sign?
Pls enlighten me. Or rather put while do they still need the governors accent when court has given its verdict?
that's what the law says.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by DaTruths: 8:26am On Jan 19
GanagiBitrus:

Death by Public Firing squad would have served more as deterrent to other kidnappers.

Death by Hanging is actually more deterrent.
Re: Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers by deanoffaculty: 8:48am On Jan 19
Naija my country!
When rich commits crime, poor will be swapped and they will be sent to jail or be given death sentence.
When rich commits crime, their names will not be mentioned. The poor on the other hand will have their names written boldly on newspaper headlines.
Rich sees money and power and immunity to get away with crime but poor is always the pawn in the game like chess.
Rich fuels the judiciary with money and fame but poor cannot breath in the atmosphere of intimidation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar / Kwara Fraudster Swapped Old Man’s ATM Card, Withdraws ₦‎1.8 Million / Herdsmen Kill 2 Soldiers, Take Captive; Burn Operational Vehicle In Benue/Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.