Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar (23554 Views)

EFCC Arrests 4 Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Photos) / 2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) / EFCC Arrests 4 Lagos Yahoo Boys With Charms And Exotic Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), on Friday, arrested four drug couriers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, while attempting to take the drugs to China, Indonesia and Qatar. Drug trafficking is punishable by death in the three countries. A statement by the spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, gave the names of the suspects as Aniebue Peter Nnamma, 50; Sokpe Zubbye, alias Nzube Chukwudi), 37; Ugwuezumba Hyacinth Arinze, 38; and Obinna James Obi, 30.

A statement by the spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, gave the names of the suspects as Aniebue Peter Nnamma, 50; Sokpe Zubbye, alias Nzube Chukwudi), 37; Ugwuezumba Hyacinth Arinze, 38; and Obinna James Obi, 30.

Mr. Ofoyeju said Nnamma, who sells clothes at Aswani Market in Lagos, inserted 11 wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into his anus, while Zubbye, a freight forwarder from Anambra State with a Ghanaian passport, ingested 955 grammes of cocaine.

Both suspects, Mr. Ofoyeju added, were on their way to China.

The NDLEA spokesman also said Arinze, who sells musical instruments at Alaba International Market in Lagos, was caught with ingested wraps of methamphetamine, weighing 570 grammes and 1.560kg of the drug packed in his luggage while on his way to Indonesia.

The other suspect, an aluminium fabricator in Umuahia, Abia State, who was flying to Doha, Qatar, was caught with 5.2kg of cannabis. Mr. Ofoyeju stated that all four suspects are under investigation and will be charged to court soon.

He explained that if the suspects had been arrested in the countries they attempted to courier the drugs to, they would have been executed.

Commenting on the arrests, the NDLEA Commander at the MMIA, Mr. Ahmadu Garba, said that the agency will continue to ensure that drug couriers are arrested at the country's airports and other points through which they might want to carry out their illicit trade.

Also, the Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd.), expressed worry over the spate of execution of Nigerians abroad for drug trafficking offences and the number of those on death row.
Colonel Abdallah urged traffickers to see beyond the transient monetary gains of narcotic trafficking and appreciate the fact that they are actually endorsing their own death warrant.

He described the action of the suspects as unfortunate and shameful, saying that drug trafficking is a criminal offence that has caused the death of many young people.

“It is sad that the execution of those caught with drugs in these countries has not deterred them. Many have died prematurely while others are daily counting down to their execution. This development has left their family members and friends in pains,” he said.
In his confessional statement, Zubbye said he was promised N1 million by sponsors to smuggle the drug abroad.

"I work in China as a freight forwarder and I am married with two children. Due to the recession, I am having difficulty in settling my bills and I was lured into drug trafficking while seeking assistance. They promised me N1 million. Since I live in China, I felt it would be easy for me to go through security checks, but unfortunately, I was caught,” he said.
Nnamma also blamed his involvement in the crime on financial hardship.

"It was financial hardship that made me smuggle the drug. I was afraid of swallowing the drug, so I inserted eleven wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into my anus. I sell clothes at Aswani Market, but poor patronage and family problems have turned me into a pauper. I regret everything" he lamented.

Arinze, confessed that he was given the drug along Badagry Expressway and was promised $3,000 by his sponsors.

Obi also admitted to investigators that he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking. He explained that the bag he was caught with was given to him by a friend for delivery in Doha, but during a search, NDLEA discovered cannabis inside it.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/04/nigerian-drug-law-enforcement-agents-arrest-four-persons-attempting-smuggle-drugs-china

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by sarrki(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hmmm

Short of words

12 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by checkolatunji: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Food don land

28 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
After NDLEA discovered the drugs and that they were going to an Asian country they should have allowed them to go with their goods and simply alerted their counterparts in China, Indonesia and Qatar.

This one seems like a rescue mission on the part on NDLEA

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by curiouses: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Na dem

Aniebue Nnamma
Nzube Chukwudi
Ugwuezumba Arinze
Obinna James Obi

241 Likes 21 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Usman212s: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
They must all be Nigerian JEWS

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by KingsleyCEO: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
The names are very confusing. Are these Afojans? Or wise men from east?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by BEENUEL(m): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Donmoris212: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
waiting for ncan reports

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by emeijeh(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
Namecheckers.... I trust una.
Una go rush come.

Nna mhen!
Reporting live from Benin city, the Edo state capital

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by OkoYibo: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
See them. The 4 apostles of the cursed tribe of Israel. Their elders wouldn't warn them, their elders are waiting for them to use drug money to buy chieftaincy titles.

The reason why their voting strength is low in Nigerian elections is because most of them are in foreign prisons. Instead of their elders to caution them, they would say Buhari is imprisoning ipods.

If you doubt me, before the end of November, they would catch a MINIMUM OF 18 Igbo drug dealers and couriers and it would be reported here on Nairaland. Who wanna bet? 4down, remaining 14.

Any Ipod should quote me negatively and let 99MW thunder (2017 Model) from Prayer City pieces ur flat skull.

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Towncrier007(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
But why Ipob? every single time... are they the most desperate for money? the whole matter tire me. my ex was an ipob, her desperation for money got me running far away.
God help One Nigeria, bless all loving tribes.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by hamaworld(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
no need to talk

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Thekillingjoke: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
havent read the comments but i am already laffn

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by midetinz(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
Who is tempting me to check names nau? Make una leave me o.........

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Ofemmanu1: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
Every forces telling me to check the Igbo names shall die FIRE!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
Flat

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by olahero(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
IS IN THEIR BLOOD, OLORI PELEBE GBOGBO. LOL

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by hakeem4(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
This news was on front page before

They're all from the east grin grin

NCAN branch otta ogun state

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
Tribal coloration of crime helps no one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Davash222(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
How many times una go carry this news come FP today

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by tbaba1234: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
They should thank God that they were caught in Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by osolee(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
plot for hire tongue
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by 1goodECONOMIST(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Why wuna no dey ever disappoint person na...kai they re so so predictable......didn't mention any name o .just one clue »they re hardworking

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by sorextee(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Life don tire those pple.. NAME CHECKERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA, come and do your work.. smiley

Im reporting from maiduguri.. grin

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by SWORD419(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
ALPHA BRAVO 257 Do u read me Itz captain sword reporting from kano Itz the cone headed heroes again

NCAN KANO BRANCH

18 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by royalfamily(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Igbo kwenu!!!!!!! I just pray una no go tag this country name n rebrand it to Mexico. ......... I see reason y they have to grant u people Biafra Asap.... We tired of u disgracing this country.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju must be tired.

One of the myth NDLEA busted about Igbos is their so called hardworking and business/trade savvy nature, imagine competing in the same business with these ones, why won't they surpass your achievements, after returning from whatever Asia countries they peddle drugs to.

25 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Vanpascore(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
They are called Nigerians abi? In another news they will claim not to be nigerians. God save them that it happened in Nigeria, congrats to them.

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by omonnakoda: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Fulani Herdsmen
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Donmoris212:
waiting for ncan reports
Ncam reporting live from ph city..

Confirmed it's the flatos people republic.. Over and out

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife / Herdsmen Kill 2 Soldiers, Take Captive; Burn Operational Vehicle In Benue/Taraba / Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.