Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Foreigners Genuinely Interested And Enthusiastic About Discovering Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Foreigners Genuinely Interested And Enthusiastic About Discovering Nigeria (922 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Treat Foreigners Differently? / Could Foreigners Tell The History ( Benin And The Yorubas) / Discovering Africa - All About Being Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreigners Genuinely Interested And Enthusiastic About Discovering Nigeria by hoffa: 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hello! smiley

First of all, let me quickly introduce myself. My name is Jacques, and I am a young 24-year-old Frenchman living in Paris. I study History here, and have been absolutely fascinated by the African culture since I first started looking more into it, and have read a great number of books on the subject (I especially enjoyed reading Richard Reid's History of Modern Africa). I hope that it is no issue that I am not Nigerian or African in any way, and I do apologize in advance if it is.

I spend the majority of the time studying (I have many exams at this time of the year sad), reading and discovering new things. I also enjoy discussing various matters on a certain forum that I visit quite frequently. Its users are located all around the world; it has users from Colombia, Germany, South Africa, Morocco, Kenya, and Belgium, only to name a few. Whenever someone writes a new message on the forum, the message is accompanied with a flag of the country the poster is from. Other than that, the forum is completely anonymous and requires no registration whatsoever. The people on the forum are very kind and curious (although there are a few rare people who are rude, but they are banned and consequently are not allowed to write), and especially curious about Africa, because of the low amount of people from Central Africa on the said forum. We also believe Nigeria could teach us a lot more about Africa than any other country could, as it is closer to the heart of Africa (as opposed to South Africa or Egypt, for example).

I, and many other curious individuals would love to discuss various things in an educated manner with one or two Nigerians. I think it would be interesting and a great experience for all of us. smiley If you would like to help us, please visit http://krautchan.net/int/ and, for example, create a thread and write something along the lines of "If you have any questions, I am here to answer them". Anything is good, really, it does not have to be formal. We are a sympathetic and curious bunch of people who share common interests (which is different cultures around the world, hence the forum is named "International"wink. smiley

Thank you in advance,

- Jacques

PS: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. grin
Re: Foreigners Genuinely Interested And Enthusiastic About Discovering Nigeria by iykak47: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
[/i]no[i]

(1) (Reply)

Who will give me Ego for my Ala? / Do You Enjoy Speaking Pigin Better Than English? / Is Falling In Love While Am Still A Teen Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.