Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria (14667 Views)

Security Tips During The Christmas Celebration / In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / Security Tips: How To Sleep If You Have A Jealous Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 8:20am On Jan 19
Here are a few security tips

- Avoid rude and drunk drivers:

- Don't use an ATM machine after 10:30 pm:

- Don't travel by road after 8pm: ...

- Don't share sensitive information on social media platforms: ...

- Be careful when helping strangers with a lift: ...

- Make a good inquiry about a location before moving there

- If you are going out, tell someone where you are going and when you will return.

- Always lock your doors and don't lend the key out. ...

- Don't walk alone at night. ...

- Stay in well-lighted areas.

- Always have you ID card or means of ID handy (soft copy)

You can add yours

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by matify83: 10:05am On Jan 19
Hmmm!

With the way they brazenly come and harvest Nigerians from their houses, is there any hope?

I feel relaxing our siff gun laws will be helpful as the kidnappers will know that not only their victim is armed. However, the unintended repercussions of everyone running around with an AK is the bone of contention.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Scentedgrance: 10:19am On Jan 19
Seems every president has their own issues.
Yar'adua ....militants
Jonathan...Bokoham
Buhari....hardship)bandit/bokohamram)Fulani herdsmen.
Tinubu. Extreme hardship/Bandits/looting/kidnapping

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Rubyjade: 11:45am On Jan 19
matify83:
Hmmm!

With the way they brazenly come and harvest Nigerians from their houses, is there any hope?

I feel relaxing our siff gun laws will be helpful as the kidnappers will know that not only their victim is armed. However, the unintended repercussions of everyone running around with an AK is the bone of contention.
We are not ripe for it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 8:09pm On Jan 19
Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by IyaTola: 2:45pm On Jan 20
Be careful y'all. It becoming increasingly dangerous in Nigeria.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Scentedgrance: 2:53pm On Jan 20
Abuja is hot now and I m particularly careful.

Once it's 5pm I don't drive out,just to be on the safe side.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 3:41pm On Jan 20
wink
Scentedgrance:

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by AllahOfBlood: 8:02pm On Jan 20
cheesy

Nava take ashawooo home rather use a nearby hotel

Avoid nairaland evening newspaper, the likes of jennyclay

Don't feed an hungry Nigeria girl

Avoid every aboki and skull miners from the waste states.

Brethren look out and stay safe out there

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by leadinggists(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20
I read you wrote stay in a lighted area. No light in area since forever

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by theophorus(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20
Hmmm!

May everybody Sha dey careful cos this Kidnapping things have gone out of hands already and even Government self no understand again.

People like us wen no get anything, na God be our Shield and Keeper.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Emdebby2: 8:07pm On Jan 20
Tips apply to other states. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by bonnyhope: 8:08pm On Jan 20
Scentedgrance:

You can be kidnapped even at 10am

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by vickthourh(m): 8:08pm On Jan 20
Don't keep bad friends
They might sell you out to kidnappers

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by AbujaLagos: 8:09pm On Jan 20
leadinggists:
I read you wrote stay in a lighted area. No light in area since forever
buy after nepa street light grin

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Sccarrr: 8:11pm On Jan 20
Nawa...no dey carry olosho, go home to your wives😏
Women too, go home to your husbands ,no dey run after big boys 🥲

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by nedekid: 8:18pm On Jan 20
Rubyjade:
We are not ripe for it.
Oga, we are very ripe.
Vetted people will buy weapons linked to their NIN, no big deal.
Those days in the 80s, even early 90s you had gun shops here in naija. I remember going a couple of times with popsi to one somewhere behind chicken George off Toyin street in Ikeja, if I remember right, there was also one on Allen Avenue back in the day. Proper licensed gun shops where you could buy fire arms and ammunition, also process your license.
Those that need training will be vetted and trained before they are allowed to own weapons.
Guess you have not been a helpless position in which if you had a weapon you could have protected yourself and loved ones.
Furthermore, guns in the hands of responsible adults will reduce crime. Who in his right senses will break into your house to rob, maim or kill when he knows you can fight back?
Bottomline, the right to defend yourself and family is fundamental, no government can guarantee that only you.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Lannyjoe4u: 8:18pm On Jan 20
Lord
Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Juniorangel(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20
Beg boogyman to help you buy one old kala... U go need am.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Happiness54: 8:22pm On Jan 20
Always tell someone your whereabouts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Jamie248: 8:27pm On Jan 20
APC sold Nigeria to the Devil

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by BobbieZion(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20
Make sure you are strapped...
When in danger, squeeze till the clip is empty.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by LONEWOLFJOHN: 8:33pm On Jan 20
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=128014911][/quote] and don't believe anything from APC

2 Likes

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by DLuciano: 8:35pm On Jan 20
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=128014911][/quote]
Above all, always pray for God 's protection and guidance, ...except the Lord watch over the city, the watchman waketh but in vain...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:37pm On Jan 20
Nice
Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by jubrilELsudan: 8:42pm On Jan 20
FOR GIRLS NO HOOKUPS AND URGENT 2K AND FOR GUYS NO FVCKIES AND BIG NYASH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by ViceGovernor: 8:42pm On Jan 20
Don't travel by road after 8pm....that is capital boolshit.
I remember last yr broad daylight 1pm 3 cars were stopped a few metres from police checkpoint in kogi state and the occupants kidnapped during Buhari's regime

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20
If you are in Aba, staying at least 500 meters away from the police will save you. Because RRS is kidnapping people in Aba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20
Scentedgrance:

I jst went outside now.. If u see as my street calm ehn... I shock.... Saturday wey dey bubble b4

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria by Kingosytex(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=128014911][/quote]

The 'M' in ATM stands for machine. What the heck is ATM Machine?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should I Do? Please Help! / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.