Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance (15099 Views)

Wild Jubilation Hit The street As Cote D’ivoire Sneak Into Round Of 16(Vid,Pics) / Nigeria Vs Cote D’ivoire: Golden Eaglets Cry Foul Over MRI Test / Nigeria Vs Cote D’Ivoire: WAFU Women's Cup Finals (5 - 4) Penalty (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Felix6: 1:48pm On Jan 19
Bahamas95:
Yes, Ivory Coast is English pronunciation while the other is the French version.
No they are not.
One is and others are.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by GreaterFuture(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19
Without watching, I can predict.
Barely average, I Suspect
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Kinzo0917(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19
APOSTLECHUMA:
IVORY COAST IS THE ENGLISH MEANING OF THE FRENCH NAME COTE D'IVOIRE. IVOIRE IS IVORY, COTE IS COAST. COTE D' IVORY - COAST OF IVORY OR IVORY COAST.

Nice explanation

Thumbs up 👍 bro
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by obaidan: 1:50pm On Jan 19
They did what they had to do. Compact. They did their part and luck did its part.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Deogratiasfx: 1:50pm On Jan 19
APOSTLECHUMA:
IVORY COAST IS THE ENGLISH MEANING OF THE FRENCH NAME COTE D'IVOIRE. IVOIRE IS IVORY, COTE IS COAST. COTE D' IVORY - COAST OF IVORY OR IVORY COAST.

Thank u for the knowledged shared. Have always known it is the same but did not know how.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Deogratiasfx: 1:51pm On Jan 19
Bahamas95:
Yes, Ivory Coast is English pronunciation while the other is the French version.

Thank u so much
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by theamazonguru(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19
Chicagograduate:
Is Ivory Coast and cote voire the same country?

Yes please.
Ivory coast - Old name
Changed to Cote voire in 1986.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by obinna58(m): 2:11pm On Jan 19
Our yansh go open when we see people wey sabi play
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by EmekaBlue(m): 2:14pm On Jan 19
Good defense

Man of the match for me is Aina

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Goodnewsforlife: 2:16pm On Jan 19
Kinzo0917:

I am a christian , but I am really dissapointed with him
i am a Christian too but this is intentional provocation n I m very sure that guy is igbo

This is what they do in d north n when those people retaliate the world would start calling them names

Imagine one igbo man in d north that named his dog buhari, just imagine how annoying that could b
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by ifeade69f: 2:19pm On Jan 19
-Defense: Excellent!-Midfield: Fair.-Forward: Poor.-Overall: Average.-Defense: Excellent!-Midfield: Fair.-Forward: Poor.-Overall: Average....
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Sleekfingers: 2:22pm On Jan 19
Kinzo0917:

I am a christian , but I am really dissapointed with him

With him?
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Ironbull: 2:23pm On Jan 19
Chicagograduate:

Haaa, Brosie!!! Dis your question hhmm..

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Ken4Christ: 2:25pm On Jan 19
Laple0541:
Osimhen needs to go and learn how to score a goal from better strikers. It’s shameful a supposed best player in Africa is missing those chances.

How many chances did he miss? I can only remember two clear chances! One in the first game and one in the game with Ivory Coast.

It can happen to anyone. I believe two more opportunities like that would have gotten him a clear goal. But they were not forth coming.

At least he scored in the first game and gave us penalty in the second.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Sleekfingers: 2:25pm On Jan 19
Racoon:

https:///PremiumTimesng/status/1748067796922061085?t=Kj0k63wirhFtcTc6fDEvrg&s=08

Nigeria defeat host Cote d’Ivoire at AFCON

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/660204-nigeria-defeat-host-cote-divoire-at-afcon.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter nlfpmod

i will rate 4 /10...
No shot on target, zero scoring ability, erratic midfield......
Osimen was just jumping up and down like kangaroo
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Kingson28: 2:42pm On Jan 19
Chicagograduate:

Yes. One is the English name. The other is the French name.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by bolabadmus38: 3:13pm On Jan 19
They need a defensive midfielder that can hold ball and navigate the direction of the game like Sunday Oliseh use to do in those days. Osimeh will not need to be running around.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by bolabadmus38: 3:18pm On Jan 19
Also, midfield maestro like late Mudashiru Lawal of blessed memory. He can mark,flow and distribute ball . The goalkeeper,Nwabali is cool. I like his confidence and determination. It really matters. It motivates the defenders alot.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by mikemiyaki: 3:34pm On Jan 19
Yes!
Chicagograduate:
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by EduC(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19
Goodnewsforlife:
i am a Christian too but this is intentional provocation n I m very sure that guy is igbo

This is what they do in d north n when those people retaliate the world would start calling them names

Imagine one igbo man in d north that named his dog buhari, just imagine how annoying that could b

How on earth did you know he's Igbo? Or you want to start your senseless attacks on the Igbos?
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by luckingto50: 4:07pm On Jan 19
Iwobi is zero in the midfield, he fear to tackle and almost cause Nigeria an equalizer when he failed to properly tackle coast player.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Dybala11(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19
Chicagograduate:
Yep.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Bankyshinani(m): 5:19pm On Jan 19
ruggedtimi:
pepe, fofana, frank kessie, Jeremie Boga, sangare and boly
The guy no dey watch football jare
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by ejimatic: 5:25pm On Jan 19
Racoon:

https:///PremiumTimesng/status/1748067796922061085?t=Kj0k63wirhFtcTc6fDEvrg&s=08

Nigeria defeat host Cote d’Ivoire at AFCON

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/660204-nigeria-defeat-host-cote-divoire-at-afcon.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter nlfpmod

No natural midfielder in the team!
The forward is weak and uncoordinated .Osimeh is yet to show precinessand accuracy.at goal characteristic of a striker.

Overall is fair!
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:26pm On Jan 19
I think the coach is to blame for the average showing.

He clearly lacks any real tactical input as he is under utilizing the men he chose.
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Princezibk: 6:49pm On Jan 19
CameroonPepper:
Nigeria played nonsense tbh
Ivory Coast were just worse

Our defense still dey buude in 2024 inviting more pressure when Ghana was elegantly passing out the back against Egypt.
You personally no get ratings so I won’t blame you for vomiting such a crass write ✍️ up …

Same Ghana that lost first game with that porous defense

You’re dense 😏😏
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by Princezibk: 6:59pm On Jan 19
7/10

They surmounted an almost impossible feat ,,, furthermore, they need to be more decisive and stop being selfish in the final third
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by olaniyi263: 8:23pm On Jan 19
I swear,say no to drugs they refuse.See wetin an adult postI swear,say no to drugs they refuse.See wetin an adult post...
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by gebest: 9:10pm On Jan 19
Racoon:
-Defense: Excellent!

-Midfield: Fair.

-Forward: Poor.

-Overall: Average.
yes the defense was fantastic
Re: AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance by pfadom: 9:12pm On Jan 19
Ivory Coast is the brother and Cote d'Ivoire is the sister.

Chicagograduate:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OFFICIAL:Liverpool Alisson Becker Named 2019 UEFA Goalkeeper Of The Year(Photos) / Ndidi, Iheanacho Nominated For Leicester Best Player Award / Coronavirus: All Champions league, Europa league matches postponed indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.