Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief (1747 Views)

Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women / Fct Minister Visits Proposed Sites Of Judges Quarters, Court Of Appeal Complex / Red Line Drawn Against South Africa - Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by onojaintegrity: 5:22pm On Jan 19
In fulfillment of her resolve to wade into the matter involving a Nigerian Army female personnel by name Ruth Ogunleye who alleged on social media that she was subjected to sexual harassment by her superiors, the Honorable Minister of Women Affairs, Barr Uju Kennedy Ohanenye has visited the Army High Command in Abuja.

During the visit, the Minister was adequately updated by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Taoreed Lagbaja on the efforts the Army has put in place towards resolving the matter. In the course of the visit, the Minister was also informed with documented evidence that the lady’s salary was never stopped as she was paid up to December last year alongside her other colleagues and also directed some senior officers to accompany the Minister to visit the lady.

Responding, Barr Uju expressed her delight with the efforts the Army High Command has made to address the matter and specifically thanked the Chief of Army Staff for putting necessary measures in place for the lady’s rehabilitation before they commence investigation into the matter.

“ I am happy to have met the Chief of Army Staff with his top management and must commend their collective efforts towards handling this matter, my visit is pursuant to the mandate which the Women Affairs Ministry has to promote the interest of every woman in Nigeria and I have received strong assurances from the Chief of Army Staff concerning this matter who has equally detailed some senior officers to accompany me to visit Miss Ogunleye, I interacted with her and I am optimistic that the outcome will be fine”

It will be recalled that Miss Ruth Ogunleye’s video went viral last week with allegations of sexual harassment, suspension of salary, stigmatization and unfair treatment by her superiors in the Army.

Ohaeri Osondu Joseph, Fnipr, Fcai
Special Assistant, Media

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Jonah2022: 5:27pm On Jan 19
Action woman

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Owoicho4040: 5:28pm On Jan 19
onojaintegrity:

In fulfillment of her resolve to wade into the matter involving a Nigerian Army female personnel by name Ruth Ogunleye who alleged on social media that she was subjected to sexual harassment by her superiors, the Honorable Minister of Women Affairs, Barr Uju Kennedy Ohanenye has visited the Army High Command in Abuja.

During the visit, the Minister was adequately updated by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Taoreed Lagbaja on the efforts the Army has put in place towards resolving the matter. In the course of the visit, the Minister was also informed with documented evidence that the lady’s salary was never stopped as she was paid up to December last year alongside her other colleagues and also directed some senior officers to accompany the Minister to visit the lady.

Responding, Barr Uju expressed her delight with the efforts the Army High Command has made to address the matter and specifically thanked the Chief of Army Staff for putting necessary measures in place for the lady’s rehabilitation before they commence investigation into the matter.

“ I am happy to have met the Chief of Army Staff with his top management and must commend their collective efforts towards handling this matter, my visit is pursuant to the mandate which the Women Affairs Ministry has to promote the interest of every woman in Nigeria and I have received strong assurances from the Chief of Army Staff concerning this matter who has equally detailed some senior officers to accompany me to visit Miss Ogunleye, I interacted with her and I am optimistic that the outcome will be fine”

It will be recalled that Miss Ruth Ogunleye’s video went viral last week with allegations of sexual harassment, suspension of salary, stigmatization and unfair treatment by her superiors in the Army.

Ohaeri Osondu Joseph, Fnipr, Fcai
Special Assistant, Media

The best Minister

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by atiku4President(m): 5:42pm On Jan 19
Owoicho4040:

The best Minister
I don hear
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by cenaman(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19
Wetin i bin wan tolk..!
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Namaster: 6:15pm On Jan 19
Her intervention looks superficial and seems social media-motivated.

Why exactly is the lady being detained and left at the mercy of the same people being accused of sexual harassment?

An independent body should ALSO conduct an independent investigation alongside that of the Military Police.

For instance, She claimed that her salary was withheld YET the Military claims her salary was paid up to date. This fact should be verified by the Minister. It should be easy enough to confirm when she was paid when it was due or it was an ass-covering rush job that was backdated.

Either way, she should NOT be locked up by the Military. That's like locking up a goat in a Lion's den while the Lion's brother conducts an investigation into whether the Lion really tried to eat the goat.

6 Likes

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by westlius(m): 8:28pm On Jan 19
This is good move from the minister, the Army can't hide or do any thing harm to her, because now the ministry is on her side
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by NwaAmaikpe: 11:30pm On Jan 19
shocked

What do these women want and who can teach us how to please them? The Bible defined the heart of a man as being desperately wicked but was lost for words to describe that of a woman.

It is not fair that mankind have to spend 98% of all their conscious state fearing women.

How do we explain somethings,
Like how this soldier girl told us that her salary was stopped when documentary evidence has now proven otherwise.
or
How a woman left her husband for cheating and became a married man's sidechick?
or
How women complain of being sexualized by men when their only aim of saving any money in life is to fix fake yansh and boobs to attract the same men.

How do they talk from both sides of the mouth without their tongues getting confused.

My only happiness is that I did not have any pity in my back pocket to spare for the soldier girl when I heard her story because my father said that a woman who chooses to serve in a barracks rather than in a convent has no regards for her kpekus.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Okoroawusa: 11:49pm On Jan 19
The army just messaged the ego of the minister because she visited. We all know say dem dey hold that girl for blokos as we speak... make dem no dey cap rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by ManOfMan: 11:54pm On Jan 19
This minister wowo
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by SIXFEETUNDER: 4:45am On Jan 20
See better milf
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Pathokpo: 11:46pm On Jan 20
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What do we do these women want and who can teach us how to please them? The Bible defined the heart of a man as being desperately wicked but was lost for words to describe that of a woman.

It is not fair that mankind have to spend 98% of all their conscious state fearing women.

Like how this soldier girl told us that her salary was stopped when documentary evidence has now proven otherwise.
or
or
How women complain of being sexualized by men when their only aim of saving any money in life is to fix fake yansh and boobs to attract the same men.

How do they talk from both sides of the mouth without their tongues getting confused.

My only happiness is that I did not have any pity in my back pocket to spare for the soldier girl when I heard her story because my father said that a woman who chooses to serve in a barracks rather than in a convent has no regards for her kpekus.
Mad man. What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by Donaldoni: 11:51pm On Jan 20
Nice one
Re: Video Of Army Female Personnel: Women Affairs Minister Visits Army Chief by uchaymart(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What do these women want and who can teach us how to please them? The Bible defined the heart of a man as being desperately wicked but was lost for words to describe that of a woman.

or
or

ODOGWU Nwayọ kwa

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hardship: Simon Ekpa Bans Protest In South East, South South / Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible / Turai's Plot Her Secret Emails To El Rufai Revealed .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.