Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ (2922 Views)

Pictures Of Bianca Ojukwu At The Swakop Oceanview Promenade / Photos Of Bianca Ojukwu Keeping Fit At Home During Lockdown / Bianca Ojukwu Won Miss Druzhba At Miss Charm Pageant 1989, Russia (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by ChinnysBlog: 12:42pm On Jan 20
The former beauty Queen , Ambassador of Nigeria to Spain as well as the wife of late Igbo leader Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu took to her Facebook page to talk about the iconic dress she wore to an event decades ago which was widely referred to at the time, as ‘the dress that launched a thousand ships’…

THE DRESS THAT LAUNCHED A THOUSAND SHIPS….

Clothes are extremely powerful tools. They can evoke memories of special moments in our lives. This white and gold full length Wayne Clark inspired ensemble is one of such. This was my showstopping appearance for the official launch event in the USA of the fragrance called ‘CAESAR’S WOMAN’ over three decades ago. This fragrance, created by Caesars Palace/Caesars World, Las Vegas, was designed to evoke the elegance and luxury of life in Ancient Rome.

It was the Eighties, the decade of excess. The launch party for the introduction of this Perfume was lavish and glamorous. the scents were brought into the expansive arena in a chariot led by models clad as Roman gladiators, soldiers and goddesses. To add to the razzmatazz the organizers intended to turn loose 25 doves whose wings were dipped in the fragrance in order to envelop the atmosphere in the luxurious fragrance (which apparently was how the Romans were said to have freshened the air), But regrettably, the doves refused to fly on the day of the launch😅!

This Dress ultimately became my future husband’s favorite dress of my entire collection. He said it evoked fantasies of Cleopatra, Helen of Troy and Mona Lisa all rolled into one. Incidentally, He specially requested that I wear the outfit again when I accompanied him a couple of years later to the Nigeria Music Awards, Nigeria’s equivalent of the American Grammys at that time, organized by Sir Tony Okoroji’s PMAN. It caused quite a stir!
He loved it so much, infact, that that he commissioned a series of Giaconda themed portraits of me in this ensemble with which he adorned the reception areas of our various homes.

Flash forward to Today, this Fragrance has been discontinued but the memory of this dress that launched a thousand ships still lingers!

So, what’s the most powerful memory of an outfit you own?

6 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by mandandit: 12:44pm On Jan 20
Lovely

2 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by PoliteActivist: 12:45pm On Jan 20
*Politeness*
This angular faced lady. She was round-faced and pretty when she was younger
Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Bethrose: 12:46pm On Jan 20
Undisputedly one of the most beautiful and elegant beauty queens, if not the most beautiful Nigeria has ever produced.

11 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Treasure17(m): 12:52pm On Jan 20
See adjectives everywhere. Helen of Troy. What a beaut.

7 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Jaquar456: 12:53pm On Jan 20
I remember that she also wore this outfit to the PMAN awards those days and it made front page of most of the national dailies that time

8 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by FaceTanke: 12:56pm On Jan 20
🥵
Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Jaquar456: 12:57pm On Jan 20
Only that the FFK is impotent

6 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Koranga: 1:03pm On Jan 20
Fine woman. In the days when Queens were Queens and beauty contest have value

13 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Tabletop1: 1:08pm On Jan 20
Bethrose:
Undisputedly one of the most beautiful and elegant beauty queens, if not the most beautiful Nigeria has ever produced.

Gbamest.
Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by sandali: 3:33pm On Jan 20
Pretty woman.

3 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by finallybusy: 4:01pm On Jan 20
There is no way billionaires didn’t have their way with this woman.

1 Like

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by moupe: 4:11pm On Jan 20
finallybusy:
There is no way billionaires didn’t have their way with this woman.
Better that it’s billionaires than broke blockheads like you.
Her father was also a billionaire , so it ‘s allowed. Rubbish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by mana123: 8:21pm On Jan 20
Bethrose:

She never get part 2. The calibre of the orishirishi beauty queens that are parading about these days are nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by We4all: 9:32pm On Jan 20
Bethrose:

Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by We4all: 9:34pm On Jan 20
Ojukwu practically worshipped the ground she walked on. Now I understand why she choose him.

7 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by maruzia: 9:14am On Jan 21
She looks like Queen Cleopatra in this pic

2 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by teddy001: 3:56pm On Jan 21
Jaquar456:
I remember that she also wore this outfit to the PMAN awards those days and it made front page of most of the national dailies that time

Those days of hip hop and over the top fashion. Bianca Onoh was the toast of the soft cell mags. So many women named their kids Bianca cos of her

2 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by PANDA2: 10:45pm On Jan 21
Koranga:

You speak my mind

2 Likes

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by Kuriou: 7:29pm On Jan 22
Koranga:

1 Like

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by sandali: 4:32pm On Jan 25
ChinnysBlog:
The former beauty Queen , Ambassador of Nigeria to Spain as well as the wife of late Igbo leader Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu took to her Facebook page to talk about the iconic dress she wore to an event decades ago which was widely referred to at the time, as ‘the dress that launched a thousand ships’…

THE DRESS THAT LAUNCHED A THOUSAND SHIPS….

Clothes are extremely powerful tools. They can evoke memories of special moments in our lives. This white and gold full length Wayne Clark inspired ensemble is one of such. This was my showstopping appearance for the official launch event in the USA of the fragrance called ‘CAESAR’S WOMAN’ over three decades ago. This fragrance, created by Caesars Palace/Caesars World, Las Vegas, was designed to evoke the elegance and luxury of life in Ancient Rome.

It was the Eighties, the decade of excess. The launch party for the introduction of this Perfume was lavish and glamorous. the scents were brought into the expansive arena in a chariot led by models clad as Roman gladiators, soldiers and goddesses. To add to the razzmatazz the organizers intended to turn loose 25 doves whose wings were dipped in the fragrance in order to envelop the atmosphere in the luxurious fragrance (which apparently was how the Romans were said to have freshened the air), But regrettably, the doves refused to fly on the day of the launch😅!

This Dress ultimately became my future husband’s favorite dress of my entire collection. He said it evoked fantasies of Cleopatra, Helen of Troy and Mona Lisa all rolled into one. Incidentally, He specially requested that I wear the outfit again when I accompanied him a couple of years later to the Nigeria Music Awards, Nigeria’s equivalent of the American Grammys at that time, organized by Sir Tony Okoroji’s PMAN. It caused quite a stir!
He loved it so much, infact, that that he commissioned a series of Giaconda themed portraits of me in this ensemble with which he adorned the reception areas of our various homes.

Flash forward to Today, this Fragrance has been discontinued but the memory of this dress that launched a thousand ships still lingers!

So, what’s the most powerful memory of an outfit you own?

Those days of efizzy
Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by maruzia: 2:51pm On Jan 26
Treasure17:
See adjectives everywhere. Helen of Troy. What a beaut.

She resembled Cleopatra more.

1 Like

Re: Iconic Picture Of Bianca Ojukwu And ‘the Dress That Launched A Thousand Ships’ by yabatown: 1:38pm On Jan 28
Bethrose:

I can’t call the type of girls that is chosen today as winner or what is obtainable these days as beauty pageant. Is a big disappointment unlike in those days when those that win are chosen because they merit it.

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Gbagauns Again!!! / LMFAO : See How Charly Boy Mocked Gov. Rochas On Instagram [SEE PHOTOS] / Photos Of Rita Dominic's Late Dad On His Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.