Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police (29016 Views)

I Begged Him To Use Condom - Married Nurse Tells Lagos Court How She Was Raped / Nigerian Man Seeking Asylum Kills His Girlfriend In Germany (Photos) / Lady Who Robbed US Bank With Cleavage On Display Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Islie: 4:40pm On Jan 20
The Lagos State Police Command has narrated a shocking account of how a Nigerian seeking asylum abroad asked the police to declare him wanted.

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) had in December 2023 said no fewer than 260,000 Nigerians approached the IOM for assistance to leave the country in 2023.

Analysts said that the current rise in migration is not unrelated with the living cost crisis Nigeria is going through.

But in a social media post, the Spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said he was stupefied when a Nigeria asked that the police declare him wanted so that he could apply for asylum.

Meet ex-inmates who turned a new leaf
“‘Please, declare me wanted!’ I was stupefied. I blinked and looked at him again. ‘What did you say,’ I asked.

“Please, I want you to declare me wanted,’ he repeated.

“Why do you want to be declared wanted,’ I inquired, amused.

“Actually, I am applying for asylum at xyz Embassy. During the interview, I told them that I am being persecuted to the point of being declared wanted by the Police.

“They now asked for evidence of the ‘wanted’ declaration. I can easily do the artwork but I know they will come and verify. That is why I want it from the source,
” Hundeyin wrote.

https://dailytrust.com/desperate-nigerian-seeking-asylum-begged-to-be-declared-wanted-police/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Adore1: 4:42pm On Jan 20
What a country to live in

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Bobloco: 4:44pm On Jan 20
Nigerians are willing to do anything to avoid this great Tinubulation that have befallen this Nation

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by matify83: 4:45pm On Jan 20
These are the 7%ters lifted out of extreme poverty due to improvement in broadband penetration according to world bank .

Arrant nonsense.

Those running away should better stay and enjoy what ''they said'' we voted for.

People are Using every available gimmick to leave this country . Soooo sad!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Westerhoffe(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20
Nigerians are already losing it o!
Imagine this kind of a request.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Tochi360: 4:56pm On Jan 20
matify83:
These are the 7%ters lifted out of extreme poverty due to improvement in broadband penetration according to world bank .

Arrant nonsense.

Those running away should better stay and enjoy what ''they said'' we voted for.

They said they dodged a bullet but got missiles instead grin
What a life,real nko nbe things grin

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by illicit(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20
🥵
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by nigerianart: 5:14pm On Jan 20
So you cannot help this brother?
There is not a single person that thinks you are sincere because you turn him down. Not one! They see you as a Nigerian/criminal.

May kidnappers not eat our sweat. May we leave this country/Egypt with all our wealth into the promised land. Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by almarthins(m): 5:16pm On Jan 20
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by omenka1: 5:16pm On Jan 20
Japa by all means
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by damosade(m): 5:16pm On Jan 20
Lol
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by faithfull18(f): 5:16pm On Jan 20
Lol😂 hanhan, not surprised though.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Femisol(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20
If ascari turn the case on your head Ehn grin
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Davidic1999: 5:17pm On Jan 20
Just help the poor man out of this country

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Creamypie(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20
Most of them voted APC inhuman government. They shouldn't be granted

17 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by MrBachelor: 5:17pm On Jan 20
grin

Tinubu don show people shege banza for dis CORNtree.

12 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by bro4u: 5:18pm On Jan 20
Go hard or go home wink

7 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by theophorus(m): 5:19pm On Jan 20
Some people can do anything just to Japa.

Must you do "Anything/Everything" because you want to Japa/Stay Back in Obodo Oyinbo?

Well, Life has a way of Balancing Equations, so careful what variables you give to it.
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by seguno2: 5:19pm On Jan 20
Islie:
https://dailytrust.com/desperate-nigerian-seeking-asylum-begged-to-be-declared-wanted-police/

If he is in the abroad already, then how can he be sitting across from the Oga olopa

Who is fooling who with anyhow stories?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Curious345: 5:20pm On Jan 20
Format casted

1 Like

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by atobs4real(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20
That is to tell you how worst the country is
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by clockwisereport: 5:20pm On Jan 20
White lie
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by atobs4real(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20
Will you blame them if you are there shoes?

6 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Slytiger: 5:20pm On Jan 20
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Galaticos444: 5:20pm On Jan 20
matify83:

Arrant nonsense.

u are right! I know of a friend in Canada Dat applied for asylum claiming he's gay and his life is under threat in Nigeria angry

8 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by atiku4President(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20
That's a good reason to declare such a person wanted. Opportunity lost by the Nigerian Police!

4 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Treasure17(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20
grin grin
Tinubu's effect. E go touch everybody.

4 Likes

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by atobs4real(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20
Will you blame them if you are there shoes?
Well, so be it once the country failed in all leadership areas.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by bigdammyj: 5:21pm On Jan 20
Noted.
Re: Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police by Houseofglam7(f): 5:21pm On Jan 20
😢

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Armed Robbers Shot Dead By Task Force After Being Caught In Benue (Photos) / Landlord’s Son Stabs Tenant’s Wife; Beats Her Comatose (pic) / Guyana - Nigerian Held Without Bail For $1.5M Credit Card Fraud (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.