Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

I Need Help, What Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Help, What Should I Do? (178 Views)

Please Help: What Science Course Can My Little Sister Study With This JAMB Res? / Please Help!!!!!!what Can My Younger Brother Study With This Result (pic) / Help! What Do ND And HND Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, What Should I Do? by kelvinmelody: 12:50am On Jan 21
What should I do? I'm a woman turning 30 by May, I haven't consistently made the best decisions, and my educational background is still limited to a secondary school WAEC certificate at this age. Recently, I applied to a NOUN university for a 4-year Business Management course. However, a friend suggested investing 2-3 years in acquiring a tech skill, arguing it could be more beneficial than pursuing a 4-year degree in a field becoming less relevant and that I will carry the certificate to be looking for Job. Please I am seeking expert advice to make a more informed decision about my education and career path at this critical point in my life. In between I am a Fashion Designer who is still trying to make ends meets

Re: I Need Help, What Should I Do? by praises16: 4:51am On Jan 21
If you can do both, I will recommend that you do it.

A degree will boost your opportunities.

A tech skill will boost your career.]

To me, both are important and you should consider.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, What Should I Do? by Sucre6: 5:37am On Jan 21
One thing some unfortunate illiterates will tell you is school nah scam

Lies from the pit of hell, run both concurrently if you can, just like the above poster advised, your qualification plus your tech skills would make you easily sellable in the labor market, you could even create employment for yourself and become self sufficient, you could also do online gigs with your tech skill and remote works that would earn you big bucks 💲

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, What Should I Do? by nnamdiosu(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21
kelvinmelody:
What should I do? I'm a woman turning 30 by May, I haven't consistently made the best decisions, and my educational background is still limited to a secondary school WAEC certificate at this age. Recently, I applied to a NOUN university for a 4-year Business Management course. However, a friend suggested investing 2-3 years in acquiring a tech skill, arguing it could be more beneficial than pursuing a 4-year degree in a field becoming less relevant and that I will carry the certificate to be looking for Job. Please I am seeking expert advice to make a more informed decision about my education and career path at this critical point in my life. In between I am a Fashion Designer who is still trying to make ends meets

Trust me, learning a tech skill is the best advise anyone can give you now.
We have companies shutting down, leaving Nigeria.

Get a skill that will leave you self employed.
If you need more discussions on this, pm me. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Solve This Quantitative And Explain. Thanks / Ethics And Environmental Protection / Quickjobs For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.