Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue (22164 Views)

Bandits Kidnap Man And His Five Children, Shoot Two Policemen In Abuja / Police Shoot Two Innocent Victims In Delta In Case Of Mistaken Identity (Graphic / Lagos Area Boys Shoot Police Officer Dead (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Kuginzi: 8:08am On Jan 21
Bandits have shot two soldiers and an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) dead in a massive gun-battle at Okokolo community in Agatu Local Government Area (LGA) of Benue.

However, the Troops of Sector 6, Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS), successfully repelled the attack on the community.

The OPWS Force Commander, Maj.-Gen. Sunday Igbinomwanhia, told newsmen in Makurdi on Saturday that the troops forced the bandits to run in disarray after a three-hour battle on Thursday.

He, however, said two soldiers and one personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps lost their lives in the encounter while two other soldiers sustained injuries.

The OPWS force commander said those injured were rushed to Air Force Hospital in Makurdi, and were responding to treatment.

He said that the troops rushed to the community when they received intelligence that bandits were heading to the area.

"Upon inquiry, the troops discovered that suspected bandits were advancing towards the town to attack it and they immediately mobilised and proceeded to Okokolo community, about 15 km from their base at Akwu.

"On arrival, the troops encountered the bandits carrying out attack on the community and subsequently engaged the criminals in a gun duel that lasted for three hours.

"The attack was successfully repelled with the terrorists withdrawing in disarray while evacuating their dead and wounded.

"The success achieved was however at a huge cost, with three of the troops paying the supreme sacrifice to prevent the killing of the inhabitants of Okokolo and the intended sacking of the community.

"In addition to the death of the two soldiers and one Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps personnel, two other soldiers were wounded and immediately evacuated to the Air Force Hospital in Makurdi,” he added.

The force commander commended the troops and urged them to put the set back of the loss of their colleagues behind, and remain focused on the mission of ridding the state of all criminal elements.

He assured the troops that the Chief of Defence Staff was strongly behind them as they battle to restore lasting peace in Benue.

Igbinomwanhia appreciated Gov. Hyacinth Alia for his support to OPWS, and pledged that the troops would pursue the criminals to their hideouts.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state Deputy Gov., Mr Sam Ode, and the OPWS commander, had visited the troops of Sector 6 on Friday at their base in Akwu.

The visit was to commiserate with them over the death of their gallant colleagues and encourage them not to give breathing space to the criminals.

Ode who represented the governor, said that the state government would support the treatment of those injured.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/01/20/massive-gun-battle-in-benue-bandits-shoot-two-soldiers-nscdc-officer-dead/?amp=1

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by money121(m): 8:08am On Jan 21
God abeg oo

SAY NO TO terrorism cry cry

33 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by God1000(m): 8:10am On Jan 21
We need urgent help from the united nations, African union and ECOWAS in Benue and other states in the middle belt

The federal government of Nigeria under Tinubu is not ready to protect and defend the people of Benue.

Protection force should be sent immediately

90 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by JASONjnr(m): 8:17am On Jan 21
The insecurities happening in this country is due to Tinubu's negligence.

First off, his vice allocated security to himself and gave Tinubu the economy of the country to handle......

How can a vice be in charge of the country's security? A vice who was ones accused of being an ally to Boko Haram?

89 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Botragelad: 8:19am On Jan 21
God1000:
We need urgent help from the united nations, African union and ECOWAS in Benue and other states in the middle belt

The federal government of Nigeria under Tinubu is not ready to protect and defend the people of Benue
Haha. Aren't you the same dude who backs Hamas and their urge to destroy Israel?
Why don't you support the terrorists terrorising your Homeland? At least these bandits, terrorists are fighting for something, why not support them like you support Hamas?

Stop being a coward, keep supporting TERRORISTS while they invade your country. Appeal to Hamas not UN, since you think the US is aiding Israel's "genocide"!

Perhaps when the Nigerian army confronts these TERRORISTS like Israel does, you will shout genocide or free the terrorists.

I hope you realise what Israel is preventing before it becomes like Nigeria, but no, people like you who are ignorant keep yelling genocide. Bloody jester. You are in for a long run!

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by dangermouse(m): 8:35am On Jan 21
Kudos to the gallant officers.

May the dead officers RIP

8 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by God1000(m): 8:48am On Jan 21
Botragelad:

Haha. Aren't you the same dude who backs Hamas and their urge to destroy Israel?
Why don't you support the terrorists terrorising your Homeland? At least these bandits, terrorists are fighting for something, why not support them like you support Hamas?

Stop being a coward, keep supporting TERRORISTS while they invade your country. Appeal to Hamas not UN, since you think the US is aiding Israel's "genocide"!

Perhaps when the Nigerian army confronts these TERRORISTS like Israel does, you will shout genocide or free the terrorists.

I hope you realise what Israel is preventing before it becomes like Nigeria, but no, people like you who are ignorant keep yelling genocide. Bloody jester. You are in for a long run!

I will always tell you people the home and uncomfortable truth, you dislike me and my probity which I fully understand.

I condemn violence and terrorist activities anywhere it happens and whoever that is responsible for it, your problem is that you are blinded by religion, I support the oppressed people of Palestine and not Hamas as alleged.

I don't hate Israel, I'm 100% christian, I was born and raised in Methodist church but being a Christian doesn't mean I should support atrocities against women and children.

I only hate the current government of Benjamin netanyahu, Yair lapid was a great prime minister but Israelis rejected him and chose a warmonger.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by God1000(m): 8:51am On Jan 21
Nigerian government is not serious at all when it comes to security and safety of her people, right from the time of Buhari and now Tinubu.

Benue state used to be the food basket of the nation but the relentless carnage has disrupted everything as farmers can no longer go to farm.

You all can see the ripple effect now, there's hunger in the land.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:56am On Jan 21
Is Esn still a terrorist organization?

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by STEWpid(f): 8:57am On Jan 21
Chai..

What is the meaning of Bandit in Nigeria?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Botragelad: 9:19am On Jan 21
God1000:

I will always tell you people the home and uncomfortable truth, you dislike me and my probity which I fully understand.

I condemn violence and terrorist activities anywhere it happens and whoever that is responsible for it, your problem is that you are blinded by religion, I support the oppressed people of Palestine and not Hamas as alleged.

I don't hate Israel, I'm 100% christian, I was born and raised in Methodist church but being a Christian doesn't mean I must support atrocities against women and children, it's against my nature to do so.

I only hate the current government of Benjamin netanyahu, Yair lapid was a great prime minister but Israelis rejected him and chose a warmonger.
Okay. Brace up for impact. The terrorists in Nigeria feel opresssed and only fight for their Rights. How about that?

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Emperormartin(m): 9:27am On Jan 21
The earlier we stop calling them bandits and start addressing them by their real names Islamic jihadist terrorist the better for us...

These guys aren't bandits rather terrorist

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Emperormartin(m): 9:33am On Jan 21
STEWpid:
Chai..

What is the meaning of Bandit in Nigeria?

All media channels in Nigeria even nairaland supposed to be held accountable for generally calling these people bandits.

These are full fledged terrorist of Islamic
faction.

Nothing concerned them with banditry

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Emperormartin(m): 9:37am On Jan 21
fuckingAyaya:
The day these terrorist you guys call bandits takes over our country all news outlets in Nigeria will go in to blame for it.

Imagine news outlets like NTA, Ait, channels, Nation newspaper, vanguard, nairaland etc all generally calling them bandits.

When these guys are full blooded terrorist

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Ibaaboy(m): 10:25am On Jan 21
Botragelad:

tell dem the truth

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by MurderX: 10:28am On Jan 21
I thought they have arrested Chinaza Phillips.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by TreasureJunky: 11:54am On Jan 21
There was a country,, God please continue to save your children in this country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Nicepoker(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21
Keep referring to terrorists as bandits. grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by KingNom(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21
RIP to our fallen heroes

May all the bandits/terrorists be totally brought to book in Jesus Name, Amen

On preparation for Eternity:
Do you know that you are to live/exist forever, even after putting off your body (i.e death)?

A Human being is actually a spirit residing in a body. Dead body means the person inside (who is a spirit) has left, to meet God for his/her just reward.

To get set/saved for Now and WHEN you will leave your body (i.e habe your spirit renewed/made holy;
Please accept Jesus into Your Heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY and live for Him!

Don't delay/postpone this, you are not promised tomorrow!

There's no other Perfect sacrifice for Your sin (they must be paid for before the God Almighty of Justice) except that of Jesus. Acts 4:12

Adam's sin nature (which you inherited through bloodline) and your sins, have been fully paid for/handled by God's Eternal Word who became a man, Jesus. He died in your place (God's mercy) and rose with eternal life for you. John 3:16

TO GET SAVED, PLEASE SAY OUT LOUD:
Dear Loving God, I accept Jesus into my heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY! Thank You for washing my sins away and lovingly making me brand new, your child in Jesus Name, Amen! (Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12-14)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Righteous Child of God! Kindly get/download and study the Bible and Rhapsody of Realities regularly. (1Peter 2:1-4)

Please message me for more information. God Bless You!

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:29pm On Jan 21
money121:
God abeg oo
Wetin you dey beg God?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by GanagiBitrus: 7:46pm On Jan 21
These businessmen, sorry Bandits are still being treated with kid gloves.

We never serious to end Banditry in this country.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Obakoolex(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21
Like play like play dem change name from boko haram/Iswap to Fulani herdsmen to Unknown gunmen then finally to bandit.

Bandits wey sound like Indian movie badguys undecided

13 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by tiswell(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21
Is this really what our security forces have been reduced to??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by OKUCHI11(m): 7:48pm On Jan 21
It's not the fault of TINUBU... but Peter Ob...

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by merits(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Austineva(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21
The zoo is gradually collapsing grin grin grin
All the animals in the zoo are running kiti kata grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
And Biafra is fast emerging as Independent Nation. I can't wait πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ•ΊπŸ½

11 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by OBTMOS(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21
Agatu again

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by EEIA: 7:50pm On Jan 21
God1000 is on his way to this thread to defend the bandits now.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by omenka1: 7:50pm On Jan 21
angry
Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Hotzone(m): 7:50pm On Jan 21
Crime wave

Re: Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue by Manager001: 7:51pm On Jan 21
fuckingAyaya:
Ask them again?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Bans Sim Card Importation / Yahoo Boy Bags One Year Jail Term For Posing As US Based Widower / EFCC Arrests Eight For Selling Train Tickets For N15,000 In Abuja, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.