Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed (17740 Views)

Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Snake Swallowed A Goat In Abuja / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by babalo1: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
dat snake no know who he jam
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by babalo1: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
dat snake no know who he jam[img][/img]

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by renewnaija(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
Basics007:

Biting the snake?
Smothering the mouth with cloth?
Making a phone call while being dragged up a tree?
Someone need to give this guy an award for bravery or something.
same thing I was thinking. Thank God for his life. Not many live to tell the tale.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by vic4vi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Nna mehn!
This man suppose inwe award maka bravery.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by vic4vi(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
babalo1:

dat snake no know who he jam[img][/img]
guy abeg no vex oo, na d man b dat?
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by moshoodn(m): 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
Arrest? Couldn't they use a better verb?
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by ksam(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2011
The man tell the snake say him to get teeth
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
What a brave man! Interesting, informative and educative thread. New lesson NL 'bite d snake' dnt jst stand and shout 'jisus'. Lol
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Natasha2(f): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
babalo1:

dat snake no know who he jam
jeez is that the man?
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by babalo1: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
ksam:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i don laugh quench, the man should be charged with assault for
and the snake should be charged with carnibalisms grin grin
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by babalo1: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
ksam:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i don laugh quench, the man should be charged with assault
and the snake should be charged with carnibalisms grin grin
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by sexlog(m): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
If i were in that position, i would have died long ago before d snake even open her mouth. The guy is an hero!
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by covs99(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2011
Why only biting,the man should have eaten up the snake.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by makky(f): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
grin first it was d Caption dat caught my attention; Man bites Snake instead of d other way round. Then d worst but funniest statement; We must "ARREST" d Snake, Cud just imagine d snake growing hands n raising it over its head in surprise. What a story!
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by jevic(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
The man tried oo. For having that type of mind to bite a snake.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by kelz88(f): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
That must have been nasty, biting a snake. Yuck!

Poor guy. Glad he managed to escape. I would be traumatised.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by seunlayi(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
Although, this event actually happened last year April.

1 Like

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by babalo1: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2011
Here is the snake's side of the story, i met mr big teeth here, he looked like he need a ride up the tree so i hauled his ugly ass up the tree, all i asked for was a peck on the cheek, instead he bit me in the ass with those horrible teeth. Officers, want to press charges against him.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Johnnymoh: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Is like all the policemen in Africa are the same. How can an arrested suspect (snake) be allowed to escape. The same kind of stories we hear in naija, one of the arrested suspects escaped! They must have taken bribe from the uncle or aunty of the snake. But thank God for this man's life.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Nymphnode(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
What exactly do one say to a snake during arrest? 'Freeze! You have the right to remain silent, any hissing and slittering sound you make would be used against you in the court of law.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Kossy04: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
I thought man is king of all a creatures on earth.

Oh really? Check this "King" out. That lion was a young one. He couldn't even "lord" it, despite its age and size.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DAafeSbgBTbc
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by seunlayi(m): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nymph node:

What exactly do one say to a snake during arrest? 'Freeze! You have the right to remain silent, any hissing and slittering sound you make would be used against you in the court of law.
funny

1 Like

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Gbenge77(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2011
Talk about bravery.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by seunlayi(m): 4:05am On Nov 20, 2011
bravery indeed

1 Like

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by pslm23(f): 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
Is this story real or is it a joke? I just can't help but wonder,  undecided

From what I've read and watched about snakes especially pythons and boas, once they coil around an animal, they constrict tightly and kill their prey by asphyxiation before swallowing.

How is it possible that a python tightly coiled around a prey can crawl up a tree?  and if this man's hands were already in the tight coil how was he able to whip his cell phone out and call for help? How come all he had was a cut on the lower lip where he was bit the snakes tail? and how come he didn't have any broken bones, not even one cracked rib?

His story might have a ring of truth in it if the snake was malnourished and without strength because a real python would have asphyxiated and swallowed him before any help would have reached him,  hell! the snake would even have been picking it's teeth and basking in the sunlight after a scrumptious meal.

This story doesn't ring true to me! Journalism and it's sensationalism!!
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by seunlayi(m): 4:17am On Dec 01, 2011
I wonder how he manage to escape unhurt, very unusual.

1 Like

Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Chiori(m): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2011
@All, una dey hail the man - e good say him survive am - like say na big thing. Make I tell you, you for do the same like say na you dey the same situation.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by Chiori(m): 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2011
denny4ril:

shocked brave man! . . . but that the snake escaped is ridiculous. why should it be captured instead of killed abi they wan eat the snake?
Who tell you say the snake escape. Them don chop am come talk say e escape so make animal rights activist no make noise.
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by poshpimkiey(f): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2013
he must like his life so much wink
Re: Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed by ethylene: 4:55am On Jan 01, 2015
seunlayi:
A Kenyan man bit a
python which wrapped
him in its coils and
dragged him up a tree
during a fierce three-
hour struggle, police have told the BBC. The serpent seized farm
worker Ben Nyaumbe in
the Malindi area of Kenya's
Indian Ocean coast at the
weekend. Mr Nyaumbe bit the snake
on the tip of the tail during
the exhausting battle in
the village of Sabaki. Police rescued Mr Nyaumbe
and captured the 13ft (4m)
reptile, before taking it to a
sanctuary, but it later
escaped. The victim told police he
managed to reach his
mobile phone from his
pocket to raise the alarm
when the python
momentarily eased its grip after hauling him up a tree
on Saturday evening. Mr Nyaumbe used his shirt
to smother the snake's
head and prevent it from
swallowing him. His employer arrived with
police and villagers, who
tied the python with a rope
and pulled them both
down from the tree with a
thud. Peter Katam,
superintendent of police in
Malindi district, told the BBC
News website: "Two
officers on patrol were
called and they found this man was struggling with a
snake on a tree. "The snake had coiled his
hands and was trying to
swallow him but he
struggled very hard. The
officers and villagers
managed to rescue him and he was freed. "He himself was injured on
the lower lip of the mouth -
it was bleeding a little bit -
as the tip of the snake's tail
was sharp when he said he
bit it." Mr Nyaumbe told the Daily
Nation newspaper how he
resorted to desperate
measures after the python,
which had apparently been
hunting livestock, encircled his upper body in its coils. "I stepped on a spongy
thing on the ground and
suddenly my leg was
entangled with the body of
a huge python," he said. "I had to bite it." 'Very mysterious' Supt Katam told the BBC
the officers had wanted to
shoot the snake but could
not do so for fearing of
injuring Mr Nyaumbe. "If it wasn't for the
villagers and officers who
helped him, he would have
been swallowed by the
snake over the Easter
holiday," said Supt Katam. He added: "It's very
mysterious, this ability to
lift the man onto the tree.
I've never heard of this
before." The police officer said they
took the snake to a
sanctuary in Malindi town
but it escaped overnight,
probably from a gap under
the door in the room where it was kept." We are still seriously
looking for the snake,"
said Supt Katam. "We want
to arrest the snake
because any one of us
could fall a victim." Relate
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is That Habit You Really Need To Stop Comes 2019? / Send A Shoutout To Nairalanders That Made You Smile This Year / Rare Video of A Nairalander who Breathes Under Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.