Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment (52570 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by rhames(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21
atiku4President:
Hope nothing bad happens yo her for speaking out. How could she have related to the appropriate authority when they will always tell you to "Obey the last orde"

What will happen is she will face a General Court Martial and possibly serve a prison term.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Ohraykon: 10:27pm On Jan 21
favour32:

Seun Osewa don suffer for una hand.
Upon how that man don shout taya... Una still dey the game.
they are planted by our elites to divide us, they are everywhere on different social media platforms. No be today.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Mzwabantu(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21
Minister Of Women Affairs, Uju Ohanenye Meets Army Chief Over Alleged Abuse On Female Soldier https://gists9ja.com.ng/2024/01/20/minister-of-women-affairs-uju-ohanenye-meets-army-chief-over-alleged-abuse-on-female-soldier/
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sketching: 10:31pm On Jan 21
PastorOku:

You don't know military. You will think there is enjoyment in that uniform until you try it.
Jejely dey enjoy your civilian life.

One of the reasons most young soldiers dress weird is because they are damaged (they're not normal). They sweep too many things under to ruge until it compile into a monster... That is why, if a soldier really cares about the mind set of his family, he will rent house off barracks for his family (to avoid that influence).

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Pauliaette(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21
Na So dem dey do naha, this one don hang for dia neck.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Mzwabantu(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21
The Minister of Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, has escalated the case of a female soldier allegedly abused by some senior officers.

In a now-viral video, a female soldier of the Nigerian Army, Ruth Ogunleye, had accused a colonel and two other senior officers of sexual harassment, intimidation and threat to life.

Ogunleye alleged that the colonel frustrated her life after she rejected his sexual advances and threatened to dismiss her from the army.

She said the colonel deliberately stigmatised her with mental illness each time she reported him to his superiors, forcefully locked her up in a psychiatric hospital and stopped her salary in February 2023.

But in a statement issued by her media aide, Ohaeri Joseph, the minister said she visited the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Taoreed Lagbaja, at the high command in Abuja over the case.

After the visit to the army chief, the minister said she was adequately updated on the efforts the army has put in place towards resolving the matter. and also visited Ogunleye.

The minister said she was also informed with documented evidence that the lady’s salary was never stopped as she was paid up to December 2023.

Kennedy-Ohanenye, however, commended the army chief and the top management for their efforts towards handling the matter.

The statement reads: “I am happy to have met the Chief of Army Staff with his top management and must commend their collective efforts towards handling this matter.

“My visit is pursuant to the mandate which the Women Affairs Ministry has to promote the interest of every woman in Nigeria and I have received strong assurances from the Chief of Army Staff concerning this matter, who has equally detailed some senior officers to accompany me to visit Miss Ogunleye, I interacted with her and I am optimistic that the outcome will be fine.”

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sketching: 10:36pm On Jan 21
amaridigital:

Hope they are not going to give her the king David treatment in Abuja by sending her to the kidnappers jungle? I heard thousands of kidnappers are now in the Abuja forest.

Kidnappers are in Kaduna (a state near Abuja) with their Oga Gumi.

It is in Kaduna they pay ransom (under the nose of the military).
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fujiyama: 10:37pm On Jan 21
Jbleenk:
I am very sure this lady’s issue is more of a mental instability than any other thing.

^^^
undecided

What makes you this sure? Do you have any evidence to back it up?

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sketching: 10:39pm On Jan 21
Mzwabantu:
The Minister of Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, has escalated the case of a female soldier allegedly abused by some senior officers.

In a now-viral video, a female soldier of the Nigerian Army, Ruth Ogunleye, had accused a colonel and two other senior officers of sexual harassment, intimidation and threat to life.

Ogunleye alleged that the colonel frustrated her life after she rejected his sexual advances and threatened to dismiss her from the army.

She said the colonel deliberately stigmatised her with mental illness each time she reported him to his superiors, forcefully locked her up in a psychiatric hospital and stopped her salary in February 2023.

But in a statement issued by her media aide, Ohaeri Joseph, the minister said she visited the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Taoreed Lagbaja, at the high command in Abuja over the case.

After the visit to the army chief, the minister said she was adequately updated on the efforts the army has put in place towards resolving the matter. and also visited Ogunleye.

The minister said she was also informed with documented evidence that the lady’s salary was never stopped as she was paid up to December 2023.

Kennedy-Ohanenye, however, commended the army chief and the top management for their efforts towards handling the matter.

The statement reads: “I am happy to have met the Chief of Army Staff with his top management and must commend their collective efforts towards handling this matter.

“My visit is pursuant to the mandate which the Women Affairs Ministry has to promote the interest of every woman in Nigeria and I have received strong assurances from the Chief of Army Staff concerning this matter, who has equally detailed some senior officers to accompany me to visit Miss Ogunleye, I interacted with her and I am optimistic that the outcome will be fine.”
shocked

I hope they accused of having bipolar (at least she will have her life).
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fujiyama: 10:44pm On Jan 21
oluwaahmed:
I think the only mistake she made was not reporting it to the MP, then if they did nothing she would have come out to cry on social media. Most of those hausa officers have very low self-esteem and exposure. A southerner go typically whine her for claw or she go feel him stizz tender kpekus. But because dis aboki officers no get game na to oppress and rape. Very shameful

^^^
undecided

Complete nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fujiyama: 10:48pm On Jan 21
gragz8701:
Yes it is a mental issue.

^^^
undecided

Prove it. We can't just take your word for it.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fujiyama: 10:52pm On Jan 21
Ibusho:
False Allegation is real

^^^
Explain.

Is it the woman making false allegations?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Malikdking: 10:52pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
What is the loud mouth Yoruba woman doing in the land of predators?
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

All these useless SEUN OSEWA NAIRALAND MOD WON'T SEE THIS SENSELESS COMMENT undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Mzwabantu(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21
[quote author=Fujiyama post=128058384]

^^^
Explain.

Is it the woman making false allegations?[/qu*ote]

Why don't we exercise patience and await the outcome of the investigations?

I posted the visit by the Minister of women Affairs to the officer. Something came out that the lady was paid up til December 2023.

Let us await the outcome of the BOI
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fujiyama: 10:56pm On Jan 21
Kennyswag:
Stupid abokis dey find free toto. What happened to your fellow aboki women toto?

^^^
undecided

This makes no sense.

You are implying that it would be ok if the senior officers accused of harassment were 'non abokis'.

If the accused senior officers are confirmed not to be 'abokis' then you have some explaining to do.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Trendishine: 11:09pm On Jan 21
Very shortly they will be protest on the release of this woman all over the country and around the world and the Nigerian army will explain to the world why they arrested this woman and moved her to abuja instead of rushing into investigation and calling all those she have mentioned in for questioning ?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by OMAP1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 21
I WANT TO BELIEVE, EVEN THE OFFICERS ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW!
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by samuelson06(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21
RandomFellow:
Sadly, I don't expect her to get justice. She might get her funds released, but she will suffer. She'll be lucky not to be dismissed (but I think that's what she really wants). She sounds tired

Hahaha cheesy

How much are they paying her sef?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ObalendeCMS: 11:38pm On Jan 21
No sane person joins the NA or any Nigeria security outfit.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Bigchristo: 11:38pm On Jan 21
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/16/breaking-nigerian-female-soldier-who-complained-about-sexual-harassment-senior-military

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7968292/female-army-officer-ogunleye-ruth
That’s all they know how to do in this country, when you speak up they get you arrested and humiliated, but meanwhile they’ve not been able to investigate the matter and find out the truth, even bandits and bomb blast Dey happen daily citizens are dying nothing is being investigated but when one speak up they crush the person, Nigeria is next to Haiti in the list of worse countries to live in, we ain’t getting better

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by chidiokay: 11:40pm On Jan 21
Lexusgs430:
This is normal...... Arrest to HQ, then case investigated.......

Arrest is not right, she could be summoned/invited for further investigation

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by omohayek: 11:46pm On Jan 21
Shedrack777:
if she doesn't want to be harassed sexually she shouldn't have joined the army. Ladies in the force are for the ogas at the top
You are beneath contempt. Does this belief of yours extent to public sector jobs and private offices? How about universities? What if it was your wife, sister or daughter being pressured for sex by some executive, government official or lecturer?

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Phoneselller(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Lexusgs430: 11:59pm On Jan 21
chidiokay:

Arrest is not right, she could be summoned/invited for further investigation

Arrest does not necessarily mean she was handcuffed and gagged.........

Arrest is a common term used for the masses ........ 😁🤣

If she was Betty Edu, she would be invited.......😄
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by jogojogo: 12:01am On Jan 22
Northernblood8:
What is the loud mouth Yoruba woman doing in the land of predators?
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

Them don dey enter the house the house to mess around. Very impulsive and insecure bigot.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ChristCee: 12:10am On Jan 22
DenreleDave:
Disorganised military..

One reason I don't have any interest in it again.. So disorganised and lawless

If she never spoke out, they would still be oppressing her... Now she tried her best to complain but they would block her....

Na now army spokeman dey talk say she didn't communicate to them.. Why would she when you people won't do anytin.

I advise everyone should always speak up on the social media if you are being oppressed by anyone above you
This is why I hate it when people say the military are protecting civilians...for where? Those fools are more focused on looting, corruption and sleeping with cadets rather than to fight insecurity. Is it all those generals with big tummy that will lead assault on terrorists?
Cases like this are just so disheartening and discouraging.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Jbleenk: 12:35am On Jan 22
Chicagograduate:
She went through the recruitment process.Her mental health was examined and she was certified ok to join the army.Otherwise,she would not have been recruited.Why was she locked up in a guard room?Why was her salary Frozen?Is that how to treat someone with mental issue?

Honestly I don’t have the answers to these questions but my intuition tells me it’s more of a mental issue.

You have to have a discerning spirit to understand
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Izuchukwu70: 1:01am On Jan 22
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/16/breaking-nigerian-female-soldier-who-complained-about-sexual-harassment-senior-military

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7968292/female-army-officer-ogunleye-ruth

If someone tries to rape her several times as she alleged. Why didn't she keep something as a proof of the attempted rape. Like audio recordings, set up, . It is the easiest thing to set up a man who lust after a woman. She needs to prove her case. Those guys are senior military officers.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by RevenuesBoost(f): 1:04am On Jan 22
nlfpmod:

I thought I heard "inject" not "eject"

Guess she was trying to say, he sent boys to her room to inject her With drugs that'll make people feel she has a mental illness.

Done in movies.

Hope they don't silence her, for her salary to be seized for almost a year, is a enough for her to cry out for help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / My Life As A Teacher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.