Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment (52578 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Tonytonex(m): 8:06am On Jan 22
Lexusgs430:
This is normal...... Arrest to HQ, then case investigated.......
yea. I think it's safer for her that way.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Hassanmaye(m): 8:28am On Jan 22
Lastmessenger2:
shut the fuckkkk up. So officers should feast on her body with HIV infested dickkk because she is in the useless army?
You are calling the Nigeria army useless? Its because of the army that you are sitting in your room typing this. Once you joined the army, Navy, air force, you must obey the your superiors. She has to obey the last order, which is given them what they want. Even if you study law and joined the Army through short service that mentality of the law will be removed from your head. You will start obeying orders and seeing your superiors as Gods.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Johnthesuccess: 8:31am On Jan 22
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/16/breaking-nigerian-female-soldier-who-complained-about-sexual-harassment-senior-military

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7968292/female-army-officer-ogunleye-ruth

Baberians have really taken over social media. Nigerian kids have turned social media to all ridicule. Even in advance country,a serving officer are not permitted to use social media for formal complain. I'll inform people everywhere.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Vulcan24(m): 9:05am On Jan 22
The allegations sounds spurious though, ppl often take advantage of mentally unstable person and still blame it on their illness.

I see some delusion of persecution though
However she may have been victimized or someone trying to take advantage of her. Psychologist needs to intervene
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Mbabula: 9:13am On Jan 22
Stvpid and dirty Nigerian army. Wonder why air force and navy are more better than them. Go to their barracks and see how miserable it is. Dead to all bad soldiers
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Greenback: 9:18am On Jan 22
Donaldoni:
embarassed
Owamudia dey sabi cry..lzza come and see our owamdia that year oooo...very easy to fish out with all his monicas grin
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Emman08: 9:18am On Jan 22
This is exactly what we expected. Nigeria is set up to oppress the oppressed even more.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Donaldoni: 9:38am On Jan 22
Greenback:

I am just a jobless goat. That is why I am quoting you on a Monday morning.

Take time o! angry
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by masteroguns(m): 9:45am On Jan 22
Donpuffy:
Why

Anyway, if anything should happen to her, we already know who to hold.
.....for these useless Country...abeg we are tired of these nonsense....
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sparko1(m): 9:53am On Jan 22
MyExpression:

She's a human- first, before any other affiliations.

Human right should be the last port of call.
If human right fails her, then the world has failed her.

We were born free. There's no slave in Nigeria.
No matter what the military contract says, it cannot force someone to SERVE in the military.
If she's fed up...and y'all think she went thru the wrong channel, use your wisdom and decide how to adjudicate the matter.

Does an employer force you to continue to work after you've resigned?!
Her morale is low.

Do to her whatever you like...just let her go eventually.

She'll take all your punishment for the while, but she's not interested in working for you again.
...so the lesson they're trying to teach her is just wickedness.

If I were other ladies, I'll delist myself from that kind of association...afterall, joining the military is voluntary.
Since they want proper channel, I'll start now to apply for the resignation thru proper channel.

In the military things are done differently, you can't just go on social media making such remark without following proper channels, there are offices and officers that deals with such.

Before you say it, I will tell you, no system is perfect, even the Nigeria constitution, but as an officer, you know what you are getting into, people die for for following order and you just have to, it's the way of life we have chosen.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 10:17am On Jan 22
Jbleenk:
I am very sure this lady’s issue is more of a mental instability than any other thing.

If they freeze your account for one year, prevent you from attending promotional courses, cancel your passes such that you can't even leave barracks, mess up your complaints whenever you open up to higher authority, stalk you with the mind to rape you at any available chance, evict you from your house, lock you in a rehab for one month and continually threaten you whenever your paths cross with theirs; shey your mind go still dey coordinate like this?

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Pitto: 10:25am On Jan 22
atiku4President:
Hope nothing bad happens yo her for speaking out. How could she have related to the appropriate authority when they will always tell you to "Obey the last order"

Appropriate authority for where. It is common in all uniform Jobs, they will use women for refreshment.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Anonimoux: 10:53am On Jan 22
I thought the Military always pride itself as an organization that is founded on discipline.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Slurity(m): 11:44am On Jan 22
God1000:
This is serious

Why arresting her, I guess because she opened the Pandora's box
The word arrested is used by the news writer to attracts people to read, ordinarily, taking her for questioning and that is the next thing that is expected to happen, and that is what they are referring to as arrest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by MomohMrMoore: 12:46pm On Jan 22
So sad. This country is just finished. Same harassment from the lecturers to female students. The Nigeria army stinks. How can these people fight insecurity when they are very very corrupt. Banditry has taken over the country. They will embezzle all the monies met to fight insecurity. Junior officers on the battle front are so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Jacksonwar099: 2:48pm On Jan 22
Being a woman is a very big disadvantage in this country; before a woman will get admission into university she must understand, before she passed any course she must understand, before she will graduate she must understand

In the office before a woman will get promotion, she must understand with the ogas, in the Same vein sales girls are being molested by their boss.

and this is the Same thing that is happening in the military.(I believe that there are many women who were dying in silent, it's this one that exposed her own that people known).

Women suffered almost in every corner of life in this country. May God deliver this country.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by tola268: 3:14pm On Jan 22
This is a serious case that need thorough investigation. The soldiers must let the public know the outcome of their investigation
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Jeon(f): 4:01pm On Jan 22
Men and sex.

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:31pm On Jan 22
EEIA:

she is being stingy with her vagina cool

Really!

Tell your sisters and daughters not to be stringy with their vagina.

It's a giveaway package abi?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Emekus999(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22
US will extend their warm invitation for her to come join their rank of well trained Army, should in case she is been dismissed by Nigerian Army authorities.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by CHAQUR: 6:43pm On Jan 22
Other female soldiers should speak out too & do not give in to this intimidation.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Shedrack777: 8:14pm On Jan 22
omohayek:

You are beneath contempt. Does this belief of yours extent to public sector jobs and private offices? How about universities? What if it was your wife, sister or daughter being pressured for sex by some executive, government official or lecturer?
oga, I said ladies in military. If you want make e happen to your sister, make she no join military
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Shedrack777: 8:24pm On Jan 22
omohayek:

You are beneath contempt. Does this belief of yours extent to public sector jobs and private offices? How about universities? What if it was your wife, sister or daughter being pressured for sex by some executive, government official or lecturer?
oga, I said ladies in military. If you no want make e happen to your sister, make she no join military
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Shedrack777: 8:32pm On Jan 22
atiku4President:

That's despicable
wetin be despicable? Na Zulu abi na kataf?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Richfella1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22
frankblinkz:
I knew it will get to this.

In as much as I don't have the power to speak on military affairs, I know from a distance that the first and the last request from a superior to subordinate in the military is to OBEY .

Legally you are required to obey only lawful orders.

If your superiors tell you to run a baby grinding factory, you are obligated to refuse the order.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by grandstar(m): 10:00pm On Jan 24
gragz8701:

Yes it is a mental issue. But she played the gender card plus media judgement and Nairalanders fell for it.

Not all ladies will open their legs under duress. Some female students would rather repeat a course than open their legs.

They will feel very dirty afterwards and no amount of washing can remove the filth they feel.

Would you open your butt for a gay man if he threatened to sack you when sexually harassed?

Many male actors have lost roles because they rejected sexual advances from men

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by EEIA: 8:58pm On Jan 27
RevenuesBoost:

Really!

how about your mother? cool
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by EEIA: 10:09pm On Jan 28
RevenuesBoost:

Really!

Just like your mom taught you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / Salary Structure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.