Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 (5144 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Ckonnet: 7:58am On Jan 22
I know agbadorians will avoid where they mentioned that the revenue is mostly from interest on their deposits.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by JoshTim: 8:11am On Jan 22
dadavivo:
Propaganda, wetin remaining for Unilever,

Were they not the one shutting down some of their products like Lux and Omo.

Does shutting down departments in Unilever make them make gains in the Nigerian exchange?

Sir, when last did you buy lux and omo?

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by 1x2x3: 8:14am On Jan 22
Tha problem is that they gained in Niara but when converted to Dollar, it will likely be a loss since the exchange rate doubled since 2023.

Here is the break down.

In Dec 2022, if you earned N741, 000 and convert it to $ at the rate of N741 to $1, you earned $1000

In Dec 2023, if you earned N1M, you've actually made 260K more compared to the previous year (this is about 30% growth in naira).

Now let's convert it to Dollar.

In Dec 2023, $1 = N1230

1Million naira will give you
Approximately $830.

In the real sense, the foreign company gained in naira but lost hugely IN dollar.

This explains why this news is a propaganda and why Unilever shut down production of some of their products.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by sslcrypt: 8:17am On Jan 22
Akpaamunsi:

Only the smart will read this and key into the imminent opportunities presented by this news, while cry babies and zombies, would continue to wail angry

You with the sense to interpret, why don't you do to the common man that have no a fcking clue? Ode
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:17am On Jan 22
Convert their profit to dollars and they are likely going to be lesser gain compared to former years.

For example, after fuel subsidy removal, a liter of petrol was almost $1 but now its below 50 cents.
Meaning Nigeria made more profit at the onset of fuel subsidy compared to now.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by dadavivo: 8:21am On Jan 22
JoshTim:

Sir, when last did you buy lux and omo?

15 years ago

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by JoshTim: 8:29am On Jan 22
dadavivo:

15 years ago

That says it all. Low patronage because there are other better quality and affordable competitive products.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Golan007: 8:44am On Jan 22
dadavivo:
Propaganda, wetin remaining for Unilever,

Were they not the one shutting down some of their products like Lux and Omo.

Does shutting down departments in Unilever make them make gains in the Nigerian exchange?

Oh boy, that guy finished you.

grin
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by gracealonev: 8:47am On Jan 22
As a multinational, just don't try to convert your Naiira profit to USD and compare with previous years. grin grin
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Rockyfancino(m): 9:11am On Jan 22
Gilgil:
Read the second paragraph carefully to see that the company is not doing well at all.

Their increased income is not due to their production or sales but due to promissory notes and "fixed depositis".

Let's stop deluding ourselves.
I had to start wondering if I was the one didn't read it well or something after reading through a few comments
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by ayobade15094: 9:49am On Jan 22
Jagaban doingsJagaban doings...
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by omoredia: 9:50am On Jan 22
HardMirror:
why do you like bad news?,
There is no way you are an adult that has sense. Do you know that this company pays devidends to shareholders?, if they are lying, where will they see the equivalent money to pay to their share holders as claimed in their report? I doubt you understand anything I said cos you obviously never owned any investment. Run off kiddo

Another kid. Google, apple, Facebook etc all laid off workers l as t year and closed some of their businesses. That they stopped producing Omo does not mean they do not have alternatives for consumers. Stop commenting on a topic that is above your intellectual level. Go and comment in romance section

You dont reason. Keep fooling urself go to the market and know the truth. Fufu brain

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Zeebuy: 10:14am On Jan 22
Akpaamunsi:

Only the smart will read this and key into the imminent opportunities presented by this news, while cry babies and zombies, would continue to wail angry

Which opportunities, if I may ask?

I'm sure you're not a manufacturer.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Apel147(m): 11:44am On Jan 22
E d pain to acknowledge the good economic team Tinubu has assembled! This coconut heads na only obi Dem use do Dem🤣🤣🤣😜😜

femi4:
So others don't have?

Nigeria will humble your economic and accounting skills
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 12:40pm On Jan 22
Apel147:
E d pain to acknowledge the good economic team Tinubu has assembled! This coconut heads na only obi Dem use do Dem🤣🤣🤣😜😜

Economic team indeed....one dollar is how much again?
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by terrence12(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22
This company called Unilever, its past and present dealings, its involvement and holdings in Nigeria is one of the reasons why our nation can never escape economic and political subjugation.

These guys single handedly invented legal corruption in these territories, Unilever invented the act of tasking bribes and using devious criminals and thieves to take power from indigenous peoples.

If these guys and many other similar establishments do not remove their hands in our nation we will never become more than we are today.

Imagine... they are happily celebrating profits in a down economy

Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 7:37pm On Jan 22
femi4:
So others don't have?

Nigeria will humble your economic and accounting skills
Like Nokia and blackberry and lg in the mobile phone market... Una just like to dey bad mouth this country... Do you know how many companies that closes down in USA every year...
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 7:40pm On Jan 22
Fearyourcreator:

Like Nokia and blackberry and lg in the mobile phone market... Una just like to dey bad mouth this country... Do you know how many companies that closes down in USA every year...
Ignorance

You should be more worried about how many companies are functioning in your country compare to USA.....if you really want to go that way
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 7:50pm On Jan 22
femi4:
Ignorance

You should be more worried about how many companies are functioning in your country compare to USA.....if you really want to go that way
You be blackman na...
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 7:52pm On Jan 22
Fearyourcreator:

You be blackman na...
You be useless man
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 8:00pm On Jan 22
femi4:
You be useless man
Werey vex ni Sha... Olofo ... To dey bad Nigeria like your werey dey pay tax normal normal ... Eyin werey
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 8:04pm On Jan 22
Fearyourcreator:

Werey vex ni Sha... Olofo ... To dey bad Nigeria like your werey dey pay tax normal normal ... Eyin werey
Supo dodoyo

I am sure you ve never seen a tax clearance in your life, neither do you know what is called TIN
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 7:35am On Jan 23
femi4:
Supo dodoyo

I am sure you ve never seen a tax clearance in your life, neither do you know what is called TIN
Make kuku send you my tin... Arinya
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Midex88(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23
cenaman:
Tilumbu government no dey favor anybody..

E no favour lazy bones like you
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Midex88(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23
israelmao:
This is not enough to cover up for the multinational companies that have exited this country due to abysalm and obnoxious economic polices of APC-led government,APC has done alot of havoc to Nigeria's economy in less than 10years of governance.

Must everything be politics to you. Am sure you already have APC as an excuse to give your children as a reason why you failed yourself, your family, children and future generations.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by israelmao(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23
Midex88:

Must everything be politics to you. Am sure you already have APC as an excuse to give your children as a reason why you failed yourself, your family, children and future generations.

You're the one that have failed your family,children and your unborn children.
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Apel147(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24
When last you see or trade with dollar

femi4:
Economic team indeed....one dollar is how much again?
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 6:01pm On Jan 24
Apel147:
When last you see or trade with dollar

lolz, I don't earn in naira
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Apel147(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24
Internet people 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

quote author=femi4 post=128107029]lolz, I don't earn in naira[/quote]
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 8:23pm On Jan 24
Apel147:
Internet people 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

quote author=femi4 post=128107029]lolz, I don't earn in naira
It's called forex
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by Apel147(m): 4:12pm On Jan 25
Exactly my point! Everybody online does forex marketing 🤣🤣🤣

femi4:
It's called forex
Re: Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 by femi4: 7:36pm On Jan 25
Apel147:
Exactly my point! Everybody online does forex marketing 🤣🤣🤣

I wasn't referring to forex trading

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss With ORIFLAME, Own A Business With N3000 / Patricia Is A Scam / Biz U Can Start With 60k And Get Up To 200k In Returns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.