Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother (28886 Views)

NNPC, Marketers In War Of Words Over Fuel Scarcity / APC Governors Exchange Heated Words Over Oshiomole At Meeting With Buhari / IGP Deploys Detectives To Enugu, Ogun To Fish Out Killers Of Priest, Abductors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Jcoleworld911: 7:49pm On Jan 22
Chukwuka319:

Likewise you.If he's doing wonderfully well,why then is he interfering with what is not supposed to be his business?
Someone who is doing wonderfully well shouldn't engage in What's not related to proper governance and development.
So shut your gutter of a month if you don't know what to say.
Am sure you are not even Igbo, not to talk of being from Anambra, and you are ranting.

Is always easy to predict you guys, children of hate and bitterness

Meanwhile, there’s free education now in Anambra state
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Chukwuka319(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22
Jcoleworld911:

Is always easy to predict you guys, children of hate and bitterness
Meanwhile, there’s free education now in Anambra state
Bla bla bla,kpaaa!
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by owagbeba: 8:16pm On Jan 22
Chukwuka319:
Wahala! This foolish governor of my state is increasingly damaging his chances of getting a second tenure.What is his business with how people conduct their burial ceremonies?
Does he think Anambra state is his home compound where he can act as he likes?
It's a foolish nza bird that would feast to his fill, and challenge his Chi to a wrestling match.
Professor of foolery and stupidity.

My question, is Soludo right or wrong to question the excesses shown by the clergy? Isn’t the clergy the ones admonishing us all every Sunday to be modest in all we do?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by CockPit: 8:29pm On Jan 22
Soludo is on point. No more worship of yhe dead In Anambra with unneccessary flamboyant burials.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Cromagnon: 9:08pm On Jan 22
Jcoleworld911:

Ask your f@da that question
so you know say you no fit defend the bagarwey de copy from your fada?
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by InvertedHammer: 9:33pm On Jan 22
cadmanspize:
Ndi-Anambra have rejected Soludo long time ago. A nusiance like him who have not completed a single project, not even 1km of road after 2 years will never smell 2nd tenure.
Ndi-Anambra awaits to vent their anger & vote him out in the next election. Ndi-Anambra can't just wait for the next election to do the needfull.

/
Of course they rejected him yet APGA won all the local government legislative elections after all the threats of teaching him a lesson for insulting Peter Obi. The same people that threatened to unsit Hope Uzodinma in Imo State stood helplessly as he won all the LGAs last year. grin grin grin

Na only mouth people get. During election they will all be singing discordant tunes. This same bishop will lead the prayers for his re-election.
Religion and politics are two sides of the same coin protecting each other.

/

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Franky9584(m): 9:53pm On Jan 22
This is what u should be doing in Ur 2nd tenure not in the first tenure...U are gaining more enemies than friends.

U have lost nnewi people via Ifeanyi Uba chieftaincy title.
Now U Wana lose Catholic church in Anambra.

Prof, use Ur head nah
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by winner37(m): 10:03pm On Jan 22
eminikansoso:

We the residents of Anambra know his values, free and fair election, Soludo is a winner.
If other past governors of Anambra State perform at the level Soludo performs. Many residents will never relocate.

Alright...He should keep doing it good works
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by alimiadedayo1: 10:36pm On Jan 22
Chukwuka319:

Of course it's you, your grandfather and entire generation that are political neophytes and sycophants.
I said, what do you know about Anambra politics, and you are vomitting trash, about politics in Nigeria bla blabbing.
if you don't have problem with simple English comprehension I said I know about the politics of Nigeria as a whole you are still asking me the same question is Anambra not part of Nigeria oh ave forgotten Anambra is under biafra Nation.. useless OSU
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by betshopagent(m): 11:00pm On Jan 22
Sergio101:
Fighting Catholic body in Anambra is dangerous Sha

Just one word from cathedral in Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi and Ekwulobia......e go cast
souludo is a member of catholic too. I support him on this one because father Obimma 's brother was one of the people that passed that useless law during Obiano's time. Let him see how it feels.

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by betshopagent(m): 11:02pm On Jan 22
alimiadedayo1:

if you don't have problem with simple English comprehension I said I know about the politics of Nigeria as a whole you are still asking me the same question is Anambra not part of Nigeria oh ave forgotten Anambra is under biafra Nation.. useless OSU
cc seun . 1000years years.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Graceful101: 11:05pm On Jan 22
SmartPolician:
To be clear: the article mentioned that Governor Soludo didn't enact the law. The governor wanted them to abide by an existing law, which, if we are being honest, is very reasonable. I am just wondering the essence of spending a lot of money to bury people who are dead. Sometimes, with the way the so-called clergy behaves, you begin to wonder if they actually have the spirit of God in them.

These are the same people that usually give crazy terms and conditions to bereaved families before they can participate in funeral rites. Throwing a big party for dead people doesn't send them to heaven. The last time I checked: Catholics believe in praying for the dead so that God can accept their souls, not throwing a big party to impress people.

In my humble opinion, the government have bigger problems on their hands. Telling people how to bury their loved ones is utter rubbish.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Chukwuka319(m): 1:05am On Jan 23
alimiadedayo1:

Yeah you and your entire miserable generation are USELESS.I have forgotten.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by alimiadedayo1: 1:11am On Jan 23
betshopagent:
cc seun . 1000years years.
1 million years
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by eldoradoxx: 2:51am On Jan 23
Do i know the reason for stupid law on burial ceremony. Its like making law on Lagos Owambe. I think the government should remove its eyes from people's private ceremony, people are free to making their burial whatever it pleases them, a solemn moment or carnival
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Theevilone(m): 7:15am On Jan 23
Jcoleworld911:

I don’t think you read the post before commenting, Soludo is doing wonderfully well in Anambra state so sh*t up if you don’t know what to say
This same anambra wey I dey stay abi e get another Anambra?

Just say one single thing he has done
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Theevilone(m): 7:23am On Jan 23
Svoboda:

Somehow it is good that they fight. The catholic contrived to monopolize political power in anambra state and push the anglicans and other denominations to the sidelines. The anglicans and others are just folding their arms to watch the whole show.

You know catholic has the largest population in the state and mostly the popular candidates now are Catholics too so anyhow catholic is likely to retain the power.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Theevilone(m): 7:28am On Jan 23
DestinyNigga:

Exactly. Catholic church in Anambra state is very strong. They can decide who will be the next governor because almost we Anambrarians are Catholics and we don't play with our bishops.

I’m a catholic and the bishop won’t tell me who to vote for the reason is that most popular candidates contesting are catholics from Obi, Ngige, Ubah, Ekwunife, Val Ozigbo etc.
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Svoboda(m): 11:39am On Jan 23
Theevilone:

You know catholic has the largest population in the state and mostly the popular candidates now are Catholics too so anyhow catholic is likely to retain the power.

Peter obi and his likes introduced denominational politics into anambra state. The catholics do not necessarily have an overwhelming majority if the anglicans and pentecostals were to coalesce as a strong unit. In my town, catholicd arent in majority. In the whole of aguata and orumba, dont discountenance the anglicans. I for one, i am not particular about denomination as I am about competence and rotation. I am only against monopolizing power by using religion and denomination.

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Ebeano49(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23
Ndibunna:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/soludo-archbishop-okeke-in-war-of-words-over-flamboyant-burial-of-priests-mother/

SOLUDO is a meddlesome interloper. We are still waiting for the Dubai he promised us. One term governor loading!
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Adaisback(f): 6:41pm On Jan 23
Prigidypogodo:
yes oo nwaanyị ibem ♥️♥️♥️😍😍😍😍😍
bia nwokem, ifea bukwa 2024, pls return to your gender and come and marry me properly. Come Awka, let's see
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Prigidypogodo(f): 6:43pm On Jan 23
Adaisback:
bia nwokem, ifea bukwa 2024, pls return to your gender and come and marry me properly. Come Awka, let's see
ok baby anything for you ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by Adaisback(f): 7:38pm On Jan 23
Prigidypogodo:
ok baby anything for you ❤️❤️❤️❤️
onye ala ogbete! Do you even know how many babes you have on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by DestinyNigga: 11:33pm On Jan 23
Theevilone:

I’m a catholic and the bishop won’t tell me who to vote for the reason is that most popular candidates contesting are catholics from Obi, Ngige, Ubah, Ekwunife, Val Ozigbo etc.

He will not tell you who to vote for but when he start criticising him inside the church, telling people how bad he is, don't you know that people will hate Soludo? You may not follow bishop words, what about others?

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by GreyLaw(m): 6:55am On Jan 24
allthingsgood:

One thing Nigerians hate the most is change. We want to keep doing the same thing over and over but expect different results. In a land where 90% are impoverished and unemployed, same people will be supporting obscene and lavish waste of money on trivialities. When oyibo prohibit such lavish waste we will hail them as civilized and forward thinking, but when same is done here the same poor people will look for how to fight the system.

Which Oyibo? Nobody stops anybody from spending his legally earned money. Do you know the hundreds of millions of pounds used to bury Queen Elizabeth?
Re: Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother by allthingsgood: 11:59am On Jan 24
GreyLaw:

Which Oyibo? Nobody stops anybody from spending his legally earned money. Do you know the hundreds of millions of pounds used to bury Queen Elizabeth?

Are you Queen Elizabeth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaker Slot: Gbajabiamila Led 500 Man March To Awka To See Obiano- Pics / Buhari Cuts 75th Birthday Cakes With Family And Governors (Video) / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.