Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,512 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Do I Have Skin Problems During Dry Season? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do I Have Skin Problems During Dry Season? (102 Views)

Why Do I Have Skin Tags On My Neck All Of A Sudden / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches / Solution To Skin Problems Like Stretch Mark, Pimples, Dark Spots Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Have Skin Problems During Dry Season? by kvnqfrosh1(m): 10:35am On Jan 22
Why does my acne constantly worsen in the summer?
Although summer is a season for mingling and baring more skin, for many people it also means having to cope with bothersome acne breakouts. If acne is disrupting your summertime plans, you’re not alone; many individuals experience more outbreaks throughout the summer. However, breakouts in the summer don’t have to be a given.

How can I know if my skin is prone to acne?
You can develop pimples at any age, even as an adult, and they are common. Acne is a skin disorder when your pores are clogged with oil, debris, and dead skin cells. Moderate to severe acne, such as the occasional zit to recurrent breakouts, can be present.

Sebum, the chemical responsible for moisturising your skin, is produced in greater quantities by people with more severe acne, leading to oilier skin. The oil can make your face greasy, but that isn’t the only problem. Environmental elements include not changing your pillowcase regularly enough and hormones, genetics, and genetics all play a role.

You probably have acne-prone skin if you notice that you break out frequently, especially on your upper back and shoulders, forehead, or cheeks, and if you frequently have several pimples at once.

How lengthy could a rash of acne survive?
The type of acne you have has a big impact on how long your breakouts last. The mildest type of acne is called a papule, which is a red, inflammatory skin lesion. If you apply a cosmetic remedy on it, it will likely go away in a week or so.

However, cystic acne causes huge, pus-filled nodules to form deep within the skin. Topical therapies are ineffective for them because they are not at the skin’s surface. Although it may be tempting, it is not a good idea to attempt to extract these ones on your own. Cystic acne not only has a low chance of being truly removed, but also a significant chance of leaving scars.

Lastly, home remedies and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs won’t work for more severe acne, such cystic acne. It’s best to visit a dermatologist in this situation for acne treatment. Without therapy, recovery can take weeks or even months.

Here are the causes of them and some solutions.

1. There are more microbes in the air at this dry season time.

2. The air is drier and your skin is more stressed.

3. Your skin is more exposed to the sun.

4. You are more likely to be in contact with water.

5. Blood flow is low.

6. You are more likely to sweat.

7. Dehydration is more likely.

8. You may be more prone to infections.

9. You may be more prone to injuries.

10. Skin problems are normal.

11. This is because you’re out in the sun a lot at the peak of the year.

12. This is because the dry season makes the trees and plants grow fast and thick.

13. This is because the sun heats up the ground and air and the dust from the ground and air get packed into the skin.

14. This is because the wind picks up the dust and air, and blows it into the skin.

15. This is because the ground is still warm from the heat of the day.

16. As you’re not sweating as much, the air is drier and dries out your skin faster.

When should you get treatment for acne
Usually, food and lifestyle changes are not enough to treat severe acne. Over-the-counter treatments might not be sufficient depending on your particular type of acne. Given that acne is the most prevalent skin issue they see, dermatologists are skilled at deciding which acne therapy is best for you.

Contact a dermatologist right away if you need help controlling your severe acne to moderate; and your skin will be grateful.

Source: Health connect247
Re: Why Do I Have Skin Problems During Dry Season? by CameroonPepper: 12:51pm On Jan 22
Because you are a reptilian.
Go back to the sea.

(1) (Reply)

Query expired. / Shocking As Nafdac Says Over 50% Of Imported Pharmaceuticals’ Certificates Are F / How Can You Overcome Avoidance Behavior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.