Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly (20546 Views)

N800b Budget: "Take no further step" - Court To Fubara, Rivers Assembly / FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore / NEWS FLASH: Zamfara Election: Supreme Court Voids Votes For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 1:07pm On Jan 22
ddippset:
I thought they said withdraw all court cases.

I thought they said re-present budget.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by blueAgent(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

Go and face your region and leave Rivers people alone.

Clown, which region do you think I come from?
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IgboSomalia: 1:09pm On Jan 22
baralatie:

Lost which straight up
Is it not cry and beggy,beggy you pipu were doing when you saw the the fraud perpetuated by the same Nigerians against Nigeria.

Upon all, Nigeria didn't pay 1 kobo.
You should have seen how those eternal losers who are enemies of Nigeria dey cry. grin
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by baralatie(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

Upon all, Nigeria didn't pay 1 kobo.
You should have seen how those eternal losers who are enemies of Nigeria dey cry. grin
Why Dem no go cry!
We are talking about the biggest,easiest swindle against a whole country
Nigeria thank Uk govt with serious doable for ground

Nigeria wey still dey beg us for abacha own!
Us dey talk say the one we give you no do you!
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Clergy20: 1:23pm On Jan 22
ddippset:
I thought they said withdraw all court cases.

They only said Fubara should withdraw all his court cases, Wike's men were only told to withdraw the impeachment notice.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by baralatie(m): 1:24pm On Jan 22
Clergy20:

They only said Fubara should withdraw all his court cases, Wike's men were only told to withdraw the impeachment notice.
All parties on both sides were told to withdraw their court cases
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by underpinna: 1:24pm On Jan 22
ddippset:
Nice comment.

Only that I would really love to flip and and see if you had an opinion on the events of July 2013...

When Wike orchestrated a move to take over the Assembly with only 5 lawmakers and thereafter impeach the then speaker Honorable Otelemaba Dan Amaacheree.

When people reference this, I asked them if Wike succeeded with his plans? In the event you referred to, the speaker was with Amaechi so Wike couldn't impeach with five members without the authentic speaker.
This is equally the same in SIM's era. How can four members not sitting in the Assembly complex impeach a whole speaker? Thats illegality.

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Okeoghenerobert: 1:24pm On Jan 22
If you don't want the devil to be your friend,don't dine with him
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Elsueno: 1:25pm On Jan 22
wike go seriously deal with that fubara ehn...

When he had wike by the balls, instead of ending the political godfather, he decided to be a timid politician & folded.

Fubara didn't get the memo, if u be figure head

1-You either stay meek & timid 4ever.
2-Fight with everything u have got for heroic defeat & Pyrrhic victory for ur puppet Master.

But now, wike would most likely easily smashed this man descively into political oblivion probably

2 Likes

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by damkin24(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22
kcmichael:
No wahala ,,Gov should just appeal it and it will linger till December .......
See this one. You guys only masturbate when the dice is not in your favour.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Badgers14: 1:26pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

Are you aware that some of the judges who declared Peter Obi as Governor of Anambra were drawn from the Court of coordinate jurisdiction (FHC)?
It was created to free you from tyrannical state governments and then allow you sue the FG and Federal institutions.

The court is not your houseboy. It must not always dance to your tune.

I could care less where the judges that declared Peter Obi governor came from.

What matters is the constitutional issue at hand not where the judges came from.

I am really not understanding your opinion as pertaining to the rivers state issue.

I get it maybe one need to sue FG in federal high court in FCT but while would a case be tried in federal high court in FCT while there's is a federal high court in Rivers State.

I could understand if 2 states are at logger head say Rivers and Bayelsa are having issues or dispute and a case is filed in federal high court in Abuja.

Moreover, federal government appoint federal judges and not state government so I don't understand how this was supposed to relieve people from tyrannical state government??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by CommonSense1967: 1:29pm On Jan 22
blueAgent:

But is not hypocrisy for an ex governor, to be making Bogus demands from a sitting governor.

Ppl like you are the reason this country is a mess.

It's blind hypocrites like you that are one of the main problems of Nigeria. You always allow your emotions to overtake your judgment.
By law the House has every right to impeach a Governor, whether they are been pushed by Wike is irrelevant to the law of the land.
Here in the US, the Republicans want to impeach Biden even though they can't even articulate a single reason why they want him impeached. If the Republicans had enough votes, they would have impeached him. some Republicans even said that Biden has not broken any law or rules to be impeached. But the law gives them that right to do it if they have enough votes in the US House of Representatives.
Whether you disagree with the River's House reason for impeachment or not is irrelevant. By law, they have the right to impeach the Governor.
For blind hypocrites to support a Governor for setting fire to state property and demolishing a House of Assembly simply because you are against WIke is the height of stupidity, ignorance, and shortsightedness. I said that because in the very near future, another Governor that you dislike is going to try the same scheme to prevent impeachment, and then people like you will be all over social media crying and wailing about how Nigeria is a lawless country forgetting that you supported another person previously just because you hated WIke.
Stop thinking about today alone, try and think about tomorrow.
When an APC Tinubu-supporting Governor tries this, that's when blind hypocrites like you will remember that the House has the right to impeach a Governor, that's when you will remember the rules of democracy. You will be crying that democracy is dead in Nigeria.

Your shortsightedness and hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by baralatie(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22
CommonSense1967:

It's blind hypocrites like you that are one of the main problems of Nigeria. You always allow your emotions to overtake your judgment.
By law the House has every right to impeach a Governor, whether they are been pushed by Wike is irrelevant to the law of the land.
Here in the US, the Republicans want to impeach Biden even though they can't even articulate a single reason why they want him impeached. If the Republicans had enough votes, they would have impeached him. some Republicans even said that Biden has not broken any law or rules to be impeached. But the law gives them that right to do it if they have enough votes in the US House of Representatives.
Whether you disagree with the River's House reason for impeachment or not is irrelevant. By law, they have the right to impeach the Governor.
For blind hypocrites to support a Governor for setting fire to state property and demolishing a House of Assembly simply because you are against WIke is the height of stupidity, ignorance, and shortsightedness. I said that because in the very near future, another Governor that you dislike is going to try the same scheme to prevent impeachment, and then people like you will be all over social media crying and wailing about how Nigeria is a lawless country forgetting that you supported another person previously just because you hated WIke.
Stop thinking about today alone, try and think about tomorrow.
When an APC Tinubu-supporting Governor tries this, that's when blind hypocrites like you will remember that the House has the right to impeach a Governor, that's when you will remember the rules of democracy. You will be crying that democracy is dead in Nigeria.

Your shortsightedness and hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

So like as you are saying now
Buhari should just look and decide to fund the impeachment of his predecessor irrespective of the reason
The house has the right to do so and his predecessor should take it in good faith

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Inspirer1: 1:37pm On Jan 22
Sangoamadioha1:

The governor withdrew his legal team and as stated by the judge it means he accepts all the plaintiff prayers.
Exactly, some people don't understand that it's still part of the agreement.
The deal is that he has to re-present the budget appropriately, so he needs a means to make the initial one be officially declared void so he can have grounds to re-present it, hence this court judgment.

2 Likes

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by baralatie(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22
Inspirer1:

Exactly, some people don't understand that it's still part of the agreement.
The deal is that he has to re-present the budget appropriately, so he needs a means to make the initial one be officially declared void so he can have grounds to re-present it, hence this court judgment.
And the opposition took the whole rivers state to Abuja
Or that the house start and wrote the governor on how to rejig the already passed budget
Which one do you think sounds like war
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 1:43pm On Jan 22
Emma1Oj:
What nonsense.. If I'm Fubara I will take enough cash for myself and leave that post for them to die on.

Reason why one shld have a strong mind. He shld call Obaseki to collect tips

The irony.

Obaseki that is gearing towards becoming a godfather in Edo State. What will that hypocrite tell him? Na wa.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by LOVEGINO(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22
Emma1Oj:
Oga.. i know the level of pple i have contended with despite being a bloody civilian and noon can own me to their grips.

I know the part of Nigeria I came from. Our mind is built for all these.

We give you has you want am.
it's well my guy.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by CommonSense1967: 1:58pm On Jan 22
baralatie:

So like as you are saying now
Buhari should just look and decide to fund the impeachment of his predecessor irrespective of the reason
The house has the right to do so and his predecessor should take it in good faith

If Buhari can influence members of the House to impeach Tinubu, then that's Tinubu's problem.
Tinubu will not have the right to set the House on fire and then have it demolished just because he disagree with why he was being impeached.
The House of Assembly has the right to impeach the president as long as they follow the laws of the land. Whether they are sponsored or not is irrelevant. Yes, he has to take in in good faith or try to influence the members to think otherwise but he cannot demolish the House just prevent them from doing their jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Bobloco: 2:01pm On Jan 22
seunmsg:

Kudos to the judiciary for this judgement. About time something is done to stop the impunity of governors who think they can keep undermining the legislature and the constitution. The illegality of using five members to remove the leadership of a parliament made up of over thirty members must never be allowed to stand.

While something shouldn't be done to former governors who, after their tenures, refuse to allow their successors to work for the people,
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by sirpharrell(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22
CommonSense1967:

If Buhari can influence members of the House to impeach Tinubu, then that's Tinubu's problem.
Tinubu will not have the right to set the House on fire and then have it demolished just because he disagree with why he was being impeached.
The House of Assembly has the right to impeach the president as long as they follow the laws of the land. Whether they are sponsored or not is irrelevant. Yes, he has to take in in good faith or try to influence the members to think otherwise but he cannot demolish the House just prevent them from doing their jobs.

Your comments are based purely on the law and not the usual emotional comments that dot the social media spaces. Most people find it difficult to separate their emotions from the reality. Kudos to you.

I have said it countless times here that the demolition of the Assembly complex by the Governor was unnecessary and added no advantages to the Governor in his battle with Wike. It doesn't matter whether you support Fubara or Wike, anyone supporting that demolition does not mean well for the people of Rivers State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by DMerciful(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22
Are you saying the millions of Rivers citizens don't matter?
Yankiss:
When I said that Sim picked on Wike too early people here were attacking me. Sim needs to lean the ropes on his new position. He needed like 2 years to be on ground. Now, he is rudderless and at the mercy of ruthless Wike.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by garfield1: 2:42pm On Jan 22
baralatie:

Has wike chosen to violate his own peace accord hevwillinging signed in the presence of his principal the president😲🙄

The gov is the one who violated it
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by ufotunang: 2:44pm On Jan 22
So the battle still continues
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by garfield1: 2:45pm On Jan 22
Bobloco:

While something shouldn't be done to former governors who, after their tenures, refuse to allow their successors to work for the people,

Who said fubara is working for the people

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Yankiss(m): 2:45pm On Jan 22
DMerciful:
Are you saying the millions of Rivers citizens don't matter?
You said so by yourself. I didn't. Read me well. Sim came through a flawed process. If he were nominated and elected through a competitive process without cutting comers, all these would not apply. To pretend the system was perfect ab initio and expect the perfect is but self deception.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Bobloco: 2:48pm On Jan 22
garfield1:

Who said fubara is working for the people

Wike is frustrating him

Wike was governor for eight years; did any former governor of Rivers State lord it over him the way he is doing to Fubara?
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by hafeeanubasy: 2:50pm On Jan 22
Savenigeria2023:
The king of impunity is the president.

Wike will have his way unless the people of Rivers state resists him.

This Nigerian type of democracy won’t last another 20yrs
You are not making sense.

You are talking with emotion
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by garfield1: 2:50pm On Jan 22
Bobloco:

Wike is frustrating him

Wike was governor for eight years; did any former governor of Rivers State lord it over him the way he is doing to Fubara?

No one imposed him and gave him conditions.wike singlehandedly imposed him and has all rights over him

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Bobloco: 2:54pm On Jan 22
garfield1:

No one imposed him and gave him conditions.wike singlehandedly imposed him and has all rights over him

Good luck Jonathan and wife, Patience single-handedly imposed Wike on the Rivers people. Did they lord it over Wike?
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by DMerciful(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22
I agree with you that he came through a flawed process but now that he has been sworn in, how can one man decide that he is removed and millions of Rivers people would be starring like trees?
Yankiss:
You said so by yourself. I didn't. Read me well. Sim came through a flawed process. If he were nominated and elected through a competitive process without cutting comers, all these would not apply. To pretend the system was perfect ab initio and expect the perfect is but self deception.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by shaqhead: 3:25pm On Jan 22
Emma1Oj:
What nonsense.. If I'm Fubara I will take enough cash for myself and leave that post for them to die on.

Reason why one shld have a strong mind. He shld call Obaseki to collect tips
There is no tip he is getting from Obaseki. None! Obaseki in Fubara positio won't be able to do nothing!!

Obaseki had the backing of
1. Abuja powerful backers who were against Oshiomole
2. He had a substantial number of the house on his house
3. He had the people on his side

Pray tell us which Sim has as advantage. He has been told not to aappoint caretaker chairmen but do elections!
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by aribisala0(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22
Taribo1973:
So the question here will be in the eye of the law is the 27 law makers still members of the assembly in view of the supreme court judgement because there is no division in PDP.
Sim Fubara should stand up as a governor and do the needful and use his powers.

Let us assume you are correct that there is no division
What is the procedure for declaring their seats vacant in law?
Who has the power to declare seats vacant
Who has the power to say there is no division by law?
Is it Fubara?

Let us assume their seats are vacant can 5 legislators pass laws?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses / PHOTO: Nigerians In Diaspora Joins #objwhereisthepower Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.