Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly (20584 Views)

N800b Budget: "Take no further step" - Court To Fubara, Rivers Assembly / FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore / NEWS FLASH: Zamfara Election: Supreme Court Voids Votes For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 8:56pm On Jan 22
Yankiss:
Well your response shows u still have faith in the judiciary to do the right thing. What if they choose to call a spade a rake? As in returning them to their seats with legal technicalities? I share in your enthusiasm though.
They must claim beyond reasonable doubt that their defection was as a result of factions in PDP at the national level and that faction had rendered the party inactive. The odds are against them if PDP want to get at them.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 9:33pm On Jan 22
IfnobeGod20:

I love disgracing your kind because you always feel you know but you know nothing. This is what Nigerian constitution says on how to impeach a governor or his deputy in Nigeria according to section 188. Please I challenge you to quote any contrary one. Olodo rabata ojueja lo mo je.

Confused sheep. Another shepherding duty.

There is no point wasting time and energy on you because while you have the section of the constitution, you lack an understanding of the subject matter and the process leading to this.

Where you not aware that after members of the State House of Assembly signed the impeachment notice against the governor, the assembly was razed by fire? Who told you all the processes of S.188 has been completed? If it was, wouldn't the governor be out of office? They began it but the governor and his minions denoted explosives in the building to impede the process.

Go and get a grasp of the whole issue. It is obvious you don't know anything about it.

Meddlesome interloper.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Whalis: 9:50pm On Jan 22
lagosrd:

Can someone please tell the governor that he should sir up. Those people are impostors , they have resigned their membership of the party that brought them in in the public and the law is the law, let him tell them they are all illegals. And they can't have a word when a legitimate governor is sitting. Don't let any Abuja scare you .. you can't loose out . It's. 50-50 game
You be mumu ooo. 70 years old man. Is the governor the court? Your mumu no reach to tell the governor to approach the court to declare their seats vacant.
Advise Fubara to comply with the agreement he signed. This is someone who never bought governorship from. Never spoke once during the campaign. Please you people should stop pushing Fubara.

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 10:00pm On Jan 22
IfnobeGod20:

They must claim beyond reasonable doubt that their defection was as a result of factions in PDP at the national level and that faction had rendered the party inactive. The odds are against them if PDP want to get at them.

See the element that will disgrace someone. Keep disgracing yourself. I will school you.

Claim beyond reasonable doubt as per criminal trial abi?

Claim ke. This must be new. I have never heard of anyone "claiming" beyond reasonable doubt. You prove.

What a Clown.

Crying more than the bereaved. Check now you have no nexus to the state.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Badgers14: 10:42pm On Jan 22
Ferrous:

Why is it that some election disputes are taken to Abuja instead of the state the election took place?

I wonder oo
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 11:01pm On Jan 22
BondRiv:

Confused sheep. Another shepherding duty.

There is no point wasting time and energy on you because while you have the section of the constitution, you lack an understanding of the subject matter and the process leading to this.

Where you not aware that after members of the State House of Assembly signed the impeachment notice against the governor, the assembly was razed by fire? Who told you all the processes of S.188 has been completed? If it was, wouldn't the governor be out of office? They began it but the governor and his minions denoted explosives in the building to impede the process.

Go and get a grasp of the whole issue. It is obvious you don't know anything about it.

Meddlesome interloper.
See the way you now turned 360°. I thought you said there is no need to serve the governor an impeachment notice. I know your kind when you're caught pants down, you dodge to another irrelevant issue.
The Rivers House Assembly was hasty to commence the impeachment process while neglecting the constitutional provisions, that is the basis.
Just I have said, it is the duty of the assembly to commence impeachment proceeding on the governor, if they have found any breached of the constitution against him but that should not be seen as witch-hunting his person or government. Procedurally the Assembly committed owned goal. Every issue should not be turned to politics all the time. That I don't like your face that doesn't mean I should do things against the constitution of the land.
If you're seated down now and you are asked, what are the impeachable offences leveled against the governor, you cannot safely mention one and till date know news outlet carry that. How would you say you want to impeach a governor in vacuum.
I shall continue to school your type because you know next to nothing on constitutional provisions. E gbe je fori.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 11:05pm On Jan 22
Ferrous:

Why is it that some election disputes are taken to Abuja instead of the state the election took place?
They are taken to Abuja for security reason and it is those assigned at the state level to adjudicate on the matter that will still decide it and not another set or those in Abuja. The only matter you can take to FHC Abuja is a case between state to state or a case in a state can be moved not transferred to Abuja for adjudication.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 11:15pm On Jan 22
BondRiv:

See the element that will disgrace someone. Keep disgracing yourself. I will school you.

Claim beyond reasonable doubt as per criminal trial abi?

Claim ke. This must be new. I have never heard of anyone "claiming" beyond reasonable doubt. You prove.

What a Clown.

Crying more than the bereaved. Check now you have no nexus to the state.
Sorry I didn't go to evening school like you. The word prove and claim are synonyms and can be used interchangeably depending on the one that comes to your mind per time.
When you claim in law, you're not required to provide evidence but when you prove, you're bound to provide evidence.
Since I caught you pants down, you're now looking for grammatical error. Sorry owned goal you scored.

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Justiceleague1: 11:16pm On Jan 22
BOSSkesh:
Wike will take back rivers state
Just watch

With disgraces of a Nigerian like you,Nigeria will hardly progress.. shame on you
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by fortunez1(m): 12:04am On Jan 23
BOSSkesh:
Wike will take back rivers state
Just watch
he speaks and Rivers People follow. Never work with a betrayal , for such a person is similar to a Judas.
SIM really lost network too fast, just 100 days in office , he burnt state Assembly, one of former Gov Odili legacy projects.

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Whalis: 3:57am On Jan 23
fortunez1:
he speaks and Rivers People follow. Never work with a betrayal , for such a person is similar to a Judas.
SIM really lost network too fast, just 100 days in office , he burnt state Assembly, one of former Gov Odili legacy projects.
I don't know what went wrong with Sim. Was he trying to assert himself as the governor? It was too early.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Mrpojj(m): 7:00am On Jan 23
Yankiss:
When I said that Sim picked on Wike too early people here were attacking me. Sim needs to lean the ropes on his new position. He needed like 2 years to be on ground. Now, he is rudderless and at the mercy of ruthless Wike.
It should be wike picked on sim too early
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by lagosrd: 7:45am On Jan 23
Whalis:

You be mumu ooo. 70 years old man. Is the governor the court? Your mumu no reach to tell the governor to approach the court to declare their seats vacant.
Advise Fubara to comply with the agreement he signed. This is someone who never bought governorship from. Never spoke once during the campaign. Please you people should stop pushing Fubara.

How did you get data. Go use it to do something better . Your comments are appalling and stinks to the heaven , oozing bad odours of lack of common sense and mannerisms.

You think politics is a birthright? You just need to go back to school and learn common sense. Presidential agreement is now a court of law abi? Who was wike when patience Jonathan made him. See either they like it or not illegality cannot be used to settle illegality.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by lagosrd: 7:50am On Jan 23
BondRiv:

You have no idea.

By your reading of the constitution, who has the power to declare the seats of those legislators vacant, if their defection does not comply with its provisions? I am waiting for your answer.

Some of you don't know anything and come here to spew rubbish.

When you won't read, get educated about legal rulings and better go meet a lawyer who is conversant with court ruling on deflection from one party or the other.

That thing you think you know is not sufficient and cannot be useful in legal decisions no matter how much you love political godfathers .
Did you see what happened in plateau, Kano etc.

Stop day dreaming ....
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 8:23am On Jan 23
lagosrd:

When you won't read, get educated about legal rulings and better go meet a lawyer who is conversant with court ruling on deflection from one party or the other.

That thing you think you know is not sufficient and cannot be useful in legal decisions no matter how much you love political godfathers .
Did you see what happened in plateau, Kano etc.

Stop day dreaming ....

An empty vessel beating about the bush and could not answer my simple question. Just take your own advice.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 8:24am On Jan 23
IfnobeGod20:

Sorry I didn't go to evening school like you. The word prove and claim are synonyms and can be used interchangeably depending on the one that comes to your mind per time.
When you claim in law, you're not required to provide evidence but when you prove, you're bound to provide evidence.
Since I caught you pants down, you're now looking for grammatical error. Sorry owned goal you scored.

You learnt in your morning school that the words claim and prove are used interchangeably in law? What a pity.

So you "claim" beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal trial? Coconut head.

They are not the same and not used interchangeably in law. Go back to school.

To claim and prove are two different things. You lose reliefs for any claim not proved. Only a dounce like you will make a claim in court without proof. Then why are you in court? Mumu. Also, you never "claim" beyond reasonable doubt, you prove.

Anyway, run along, dumbo. I'm not taking students at this time from your bush school.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by blueAgent(m): 9:54am On Jan 23
CommonSense1967:

It's blind hypocrites like you that are one of the main problems of Nigeria. You always allow your emotions to overtake your judgment.
By law the House has every right to impeach a Governor, whether they are been pushed by Wike is irrelevant to the law of the land.
Here in the US, the Republicans want to impeach Biden even though they can't even articulate a single reason why they want him impeached. If the Republicans had enough votes, they would have impeached him. some Republicans even said that Biden has not broken any law or rules to be impeached. But the law gives them that right to do it if they have enough votes in the US House of Representatives.
Whether you disagree with the River's House reason for impeachment or not is irrelevant. By law, they have the right to impeach the Governor.
For blind hypocrites to support a Governor for setting fire to state property and demolishing a House of Assembly simply because you are against WIke is the height of stupidity, ignorance, and shortsightedness. I said that because in the very near future, another Governor that you dislike is going to try the same scheme to prevent impeachment, and then people like you will be all over social media crying and wailing about how Nigeria is a lawless country forgetting that you supported another person previously just because you hated WIke.
Stop thinking about today alone, try and think about tomorrow.
When an APC Tinubu-supporting Governor tries this, that's when blind hypocrites like you will remember that the House has the right to impeach a Governor, that's when you will remember the rules of democracy. You will be crying that democracy is dead in Nigeria.

Your shortsightedness and hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

Which US?
Dey decieve yourself.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by SIONKPO1(m): 9:58am On Jan 23
BondRiv:

People go to school to study law. When you don't have knowledge of it, just keep quiet. You wrote rubbish.
Okay
Keep mumuing
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by SIONKPO1(m): 9:59am On Jan 23
garfield1:

Fubara has lost this
Let's wait and watch
I no go talk too much,after SUPREME COURT ruling on The Governorship Election the Real SIM will be unleashed on that arrogant WIKE
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 10:58am On Jan 23
BondRiv:

You learnt in your morning school that the words claim and prove are used interchangeably in law? What a pity.

So you "claim" beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal trial? Coconut head.

They are not the same and not used interchangeably in law. Go back to school.

To claim and prove are two different things. You lose reliefs for any claim not proved. Only a dounce like you will make a claim in court without proof. Then why are you in court? Mumu. Also, you never "claim" beyond reasonable doubt, you prove.

Anyway, run along, dumbo. I'm not taking students at this time from your bush school.
I don't blame you I blame those that wasted their hard earned resources to train you in school. They should have invested the money in a profitable venture, that would have yielded great return for them by now.
After you went off board to say the House Assembly need not show cause why they want to impeach a governor while the constitution clearly stated it as one procedure to alert the governor or deputy on what they have done against the law. Well, I know your kind, never own up to mistake but still want to exert your own belief to appear right. You cannot go far with that attitude my brother. E gbe je fori, e fo kan ba le and learn.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by lagosrd: 11:33am On Jan 23
BondRiv:

An empty vessel beating about the bush and could not answer my simple question. Just take your own advice.

Someone that finds it difficult to learn wants to teach others.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by blackmantis: 11:41am On Jan 23
Whalis:

I don't know what went wrong with Sim. Was he trying to assert himself as the governor? It was too early.

His mistake was being halfhearted and chickening out when he was threatened in Abuja.
You don't start what you know you can't finish.
He should better go and grovel before Wike and do his bidding or resign or else
he would definitely be impeached after he is affirmed by the SC

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Whalis: 11:48am On Jan 23
lagosrd:

How did you get data. Go use it to do something better . Your comments are appalling and stinks to the heaven , oozing bad odours of lack of common sense and mannerisms.

You think politics is a birthright? You just need to go back to school and learn common sense. Presidential agreement is now a court of law abi? Who was wike when patience Jonathan made him. See either they like it or not illegality cannot be used to settle illegality.
Imp you have not said anything to counter what I said. The governor can only approach the court to determine if there was actually a division in the PDP that made the house members to defect. The governor lacks the power to unilaterally declare their seats vacants. Patience Jonathan supported Wike to becoming the governor and Wike never rebelled against her. This is called gratitude. Remember that Wike had name before Patience supported her. Wike was LG Chairman for 6 years, Chief of Staff for four years , minister for another four years.
Cam you reel out Sim profile?
Wike made Sim and by natural justice Sim must show gratitude. Whatever maybe their differences it was too early for Sim to act. Sim endured Wike all this while as his accountant general. What went wrong just after two months of Wike handing over to him.
Everyone requires a loyal person to hand over to in the political scene. Wike desires one as well.

1 Like

Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Jomonix: 11:52am On Jan 23
Sim Fubara is seating like he is on the fire. Sorry for him. He should have done as Wike wanted or go all out and fight till the very end.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 1:26pm On Jan 23
IfnobeGod20:

I don't blame you I blame those that wasted their hard earned resources to train you in school. They should have invested the money in a profitable venture, that would have yielded great return for them by now.
After you went off board to say the House Assembly need not show cause why they want to impeach a governor while the constitution clearly stated it as one procedure to alert the governor or deputy on what they have done against the law. Well, I know your kind, never own up to mistake but still want to exert your own belief to appear right. You cannot go far with that attitude my brother. E gbe je fori, e fo kan ba le and learn.

It seems you are slow. Are those writings in your native language supposed to mean something to me? Are we from the same tribe? Go and learn the basics of communication. This is not your village square.

The long and short of it, is that you are somebody I will teach because you don't know anything.

You don't even know there is a difference between the words "claim and "prove" in law.

When people with something upstairs mention me, I usually know. No offense.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 1:29pm On Jan 23
lagosrd:

Someone that finds it difficult to learn wants to teach others.

If you can't answer my question, don't mention me again. Pride is impeding your learning process. Take your advice.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by Midex88(m): 2:40pm On Jan 23
Emma1Oj:
What nonsense.. If I'm Fubara I will take enough cash for myself and leave that post for them to die on.

Reason why one shld have a strong mind. He shld call Obaseki to collect tips

That's why you can never get there
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by CommonSense1967: 2:41pm On Jan 23
blueAgent:

Which US?
Dey decieve yourself.

The US in Agulu.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by IfnobeGod20: 5:17pm On Jan 23
BondRiv:

It seems you are slow. Are those writings in your native language supposed to mean something to me? Are we from the same tribe? Go and learn the basics of communication. This is not your village square.

The long and short of it, is that you are somebody I will teach because you don't know anything.

You don't even know there is a difference between the words "claim and "prove" in law.

When people with something upstairs mention me, I usually know. No offense.
Own up that you goof in your statement. An act of maturity is owing up to one's responsibility and accept one's shortcoming. Looking for grammatical error to circumvent your error won't save you from your monumental mistake.
I have taken time to schooled you the difference between the two words but still looking for what wasn't lost.
As I have umpteenth times said, the assembly reserved the right to institute impeachment proceeding against the governor if they have found any gross misconduct against him but that must be done according to the law of the land. Wanting to go through the back door to impeach the governor was what infuriated the people against the governor and that made hoodlums to set part of the assembly on fire. It's never today impeachment proceeding had been instituted against governors in Nigeria. The same Rivers state assembly instituted same against Amaechi during his term by 5 lawmakers, that almost claimed the life of one of the lawmakers. Just because they wanted to follow same anti-law process. Many waters had passed under the bridge. Stop looking at this one as different.
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by aribisala0(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23
Whalis:

I don't know what went wrong with Sim. Was he tryin8g to assert himself as the governor? It was too early.
Always look at the woman
No doubt his wife is pushing him
His main problem is Ijaws are now a minority in Rivers state
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by lagosrd: 5:31pm On Jan 23
BondRiv:

If you can't answer my question, don't mention me again. Pride is impeding your learning process. Take your advice.

Look at this boy... Abeg make I dey my dey .
Just dey your dey.

All these normadic online trolls
Re: Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly by BondRiv: 5:33pm On Jan 23
IfnobeGod20:

Own up that you goof in your statement. An act of maturity is owing up to one's responsibility and accept one's shortcoming. Looking for grammatical error to circumvent your error won't save you from your monumental mistake.
I have taken time to schooled you the difference between the two words but still looking for what wasn't lost.
As I have umpteenth times said, the assembly reserved the right to institute impeachment proceeding against the governor if they have found any gross misconduct against him but that must be done according to the law of the land. Wanting to go through the back door to impeach the governor was what infuriated the people against the governor and that made hoodlums to set part of the assembly on fire. It's never today impeachment proceeding had been instituted against governors in Nigeria. The same Rivers state assembly instituted same against Amaechi during his term by 5 lawmakers, that almost claimed the life of one of the lawmakers. Just because they wanted to follow same anti-law process. Many waters had passed under the bridge. Stop looking at this one as different.

With your coconut head that believes a lawyer in court can "claim" beyond reasonable doubt in a civil trial, you want to school someone? Wonders shall never end.

If you are coming to me, you are getting schooled.

You'll learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"You Don’t Prove Integrity By Poverty" – Reno Omokri Blasts Osinbajo / Buhari, Patrice Talon Meet At Aso Rock (Photos) / Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Shows Dance Skills At His 49th Birthday Party (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.