Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina (12347 Views)

Tinubu Is Ill & In Paris Hospital - Femi Fani-Kayode / 2019: What Buhari Told Miyetti Allah In Aso-rock Today (PHOTOS) / What President Buhari Told Ekweremadu, South-East Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Loveth160: 12:38pm On Jan 22
Femi Adesina, a former Presidential spokesman, has disclosed what the immediate First Lady, Aisha Buhari, told him about former President Muhammadu Buhari during his illness in 2017.

Adesina disclosed that Aisha Buhari told him that the president was not terminally sick, noting that he was just “overworked and stressed.”

This was contained in his just-launched book: “Working with Buhari: Reflections Of A Special Adviser, Media And Publicity (2015 – 2023).”

Adesina said the First Lady spoke to him ahead of a visit to Buhari in London in 2021.

The former presidential spokesman said he was under much pressure to declare that Buhari was incapacitated and unfit for office.

According to Adesina: “I was under a lot of barrage, particularly from the media, which expected me to declare the President either incapacitated, or dead. Waoh!

“There was this significant development, which saw us visiting the President in London, August 12, 2017. The team included the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, myself, Garba Shehu, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman Nigeria Diaspora Commission, and Lauretta Onochie, personal aide to the President on Social Media.

“The brain behind the visit was the First Lady, Mrs. Aisha Buhari. We spoke sparingly, but that day when the trip was being planned, my phone rang, and it was her. After exchange of pleasantries, she said: ‘My husband is not terminally ill. He is just stressed and overworked. I have been warning about it since last year.

“All he needs is rest. I spent 9 days with him, before returning to attend to some women projects. The children are with him. I think you should visit him too. You can’t be speaking for him without seeing him.’ And that was how the visit was arranged, at the behest of the First Lady.”

https://.ng/2024/01/22/aisha-buhari-told-me-president-was-not-terminally-ill-in-2017-femi-adesina/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Iamanoited: 2:00pm On Jan 22
BUHARI PLAYED AN OBAMA AND CAMERON'S GAME ON NIGERIA. AND GOD KNOWS AND GOD IS STILL JUDGING NIGERIA ON IT.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by christejames(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22
Nothing wey person no go see or hear for this country undecided

An acclaimed learned journalist in the person of Adesina is relying on mere words or hearsay to score some political points other than a perfectly analyzed doctors report? undecided

No wonder the country is on retrogression.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Yankiss(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22
Femi Adeshina, this is the chronicles of a failed administration. What do u expect us to do with all these now? Buhari dug the grave and BAT is trying to do the final post mortem.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by obi4eze(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22
Hmm... Who asked him?
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by SmartPolician: 2:35pm On Jan 22
Femi Adesina must be deluded to think that sane people will spend their hard-earned money to buy a book about the same Buhari that threw Nigeria's economy into a mess and made sure Nigeria became the world's poverty capital. .

On second thought, people always say that people wey dey okay for this country no reach five...so the book could be a bestseller.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Luckysbab: 2:35pm On Jan 22
Still not interested in the book.

I know we will see more hype on Nairaland front page in the coming days; na una sabi that one.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by AntiWailer: 2:35pm On Jan 22
Na wa.
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by YoungLionken(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22
Can you mods just stop bringing up anything that has to do with Buhari sad?!

Why are you so called mods insensitive angry?!

Femi launched his book for weeks now and you mods have constantly kept talking about it sad! It's not as if any of you have a copy of the book. If you found it or what he wrote about Buhari interesting, then go grab your copy and stop reminding us of Buhari sad!!

I use goat and kola take beg you Seun and co sad!!!

10 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Toosure70: 2:37pm On Jan 22
What is all these on nairaland now, don't we have useful things to discuss on front page? Abi what is the meaning now

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Lanre1st(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22
Leave the past for the past. What impact does that have on Naira value

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Kukutente23: 2:38pm On Jan 22
It seems this man makes up a lot of things in his head.
Which media wanted you to declare the president dead?
Do you even have such powers?
This man has all the makings of a sycophant

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by jumokeadele(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22
this one want to sell book
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by LONEWOLFJOHN: 2:43pm On Jan 22
Yankiss:
Femi Adeshina, this is the chronicles of a failed administration. What do u expect us to do with all these now? Buhari dug the grave and BAT is trying to do the final post mortem.
This femi ademiss road is a very useless man, he should leave Nigerians to face Thier present predicament in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by faithfull18(f): 2:43pm On Jan 22
Seen.
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Agunesinjaweola: 2:43pm On Jan 22
Buhari should just get away and stop insulting our National psyche !

He had infected Nigeria with terminally ill economy, corruption and misgovernance of the highest proportion.

Mumu President that confessed he doesn't know how to sack Emefiele despite the obvious corruption at the CBN.

Hardworking youths are into Yahoo scamming and the few ones are departing using towaway carbins ship to escape to Europe 🌍

Who will read Buhari book

I wonder 🤔!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by bareal(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22
Femi, you go explain taya......shoogbo?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by missionmex(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22
How is this important to the nation.
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by FireUpNow(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22
Thos not news now mods. Haba tell us something interesting pls 😡😡

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Uyomiya: 2:48pm On Jan 22
Medicine after death.

News for mad fellows like helinues, yarimo, God1000 and other mad Ronu animals
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Eriggayabdem: 2:53pm On Jan 22
Adeshina should just go and stare into some thick forest in ogbomosho..
Useless buffoon trying to whitewash the image of the godfather of buffoons.
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Eriggayabdem: 2:55pm On Jan 22
Adeshina should just go and stare into some thick forest in ogbomosho..
Useless buffoon trying to whitewash the image of the godfather of buffoons.
As for that your book, na nyash we go take am clean..and stay clear, make hand nor touch you.
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by DMerciful(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22
These buharideens do not seems to know that Nigerians consider Bubu to be among the 7 plagues. They should stop reminding us of the plague that befell Nigeria btw 2015-2023!
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Atarakpa: 3:00pm On Jan 22
And you did not tell us the medical bill. Me can never waste my hard earn money on that story book
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Fujiyama: 3:01pm On Jan 22
christejames:
An acclaimed learned journalist in the person of Adesina is relying on mere words or hearsay to score some political points other than a perfectly analyzed doctors report?

^^^
undecided

Femi Adesina isn't acclaimed and he most certainly isn't learned.

He is a 3rd rate journalist who was appointed to do a job by Muhammadu Buhari. These two men gave official approval for the unbelievable wickedness that we have going on in places like Bokkos and Barkin Ladi today.

Their day of reckoning for the blood of the innocent shed on the hills of Plateau will surely come.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by owiko(m): 3:07pm On Jan 22
I'm yet to understand exactly what point Mr Adesina is trying to prove lately, with the numerous useless revelations he's been making about his former principal. Like, who really give a f*ck about these infos?
Re: Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina by Nice2023(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22
They told u everything not even a first hand experience.

What a shit...!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari / Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa Most Fiscally Stable Nigerian States- Fiscal Index / How Much Does It Cost To Construct A Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.