Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. (9549 Views)

I Have Lost All Emotional Connection To My Mum / Cutting The Connection Between My Wife And Her Male Besty / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Godstime234: 2:41pm On Jan 23
Risingsunn:
I 2ish I never married my wife. When I see beautiful homes I envy them. There is no way I will continue like this for the rest of my life. I will definitely seek divorce soon.

We dey same shoe. I dey wait make my son reach 10 years

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by advanceDNA: 2:47pm On Jan 23
Godstime234:

We dey same shoe. I dey wait make my son reach 10 years

Baba calm down...wetin happen.....
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Godstime234: 2:56pm On Jan 23
advanceDNA:

Baba calm down...wetin happen.....

Long story. Me too don endure for 6.years

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by whippersnapper(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23
People still fall in love in 2024
As for me i done wash anything wey go make any woman dey emotionally blackmail me. They are too deceitful

2 Likes

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Sirseedorf(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23
Very true, emotional connection is the key to successful relationship, with this you will be able to understand each other better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Codivoar(m): 3:11pm On Jan 23
AdeniyiA:

All these are affected most times by financial status. Women are naturally attracted to money. Infact, emotional attachment can even be stimulated when there's money, or suppressed when there's no money.

Advice: Make money smiley

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Codivoar(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23
AdeniyiA:

Infact, emotional attachment can even be stimulated when there's money, or suppressed when there's no money.

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Intrepid01(m): 3:17pm On Jan 23
Tharealisrael:

That submission is what women find difficult to do these days..they believe they are equal to the man.

You are partially right but men too have problems with loving their wives as required. Love is more than flowers, money, gifts and sweet words oh.

The best way to make a relationship work is for both parties to concentrate on what they need to do to submit/love their partner as required. Once you focus on what your partner is not doing and neglect paying attention to those things you should be doing, trouble is near.

2 Likes

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by naturefellow(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23
Zonefree:
Women love marriage than they love themselves.
including yo momma
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by HEBEI: 3:31pm On Jan 23
You posted about emotional connection in marriage without showing us how to achieve it undecided undecided undecided
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23
Wittyglam:
Have you ever wondered what makes a marriage strong and enduring? Well, it's the emotional connection between partners that forms the bedrock of a long-lasting and fulfilling partnership. It's not just about having a companion, it's about having a profound understanding of each other's feelings, needs, and aspirations.

Cultivating emotional intimacy requires open communication, active listening, and empathy. When you share your joys and vulnerabilities with your partner, it creates a deeper bond that fosters a sense of security and support. And when you face challenges, your emotional connection becomes a resilient anchor that helps you navigate difficulties together.

In short, a strong emotional connection is the heartbeat of a thriving marriage, reinforcing the notion that a successful union is not just about being together but about truly being there for each other no matter what.

very true but there is a problem based on social and tradition/culture practice, were there are expectation based on tribe or social behaviour that do not benefit you as couple but society just do it.

Most african cant hold hands in public or show affection in public
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Kingrshd3: 3:37pm On Jan 23
Chiuzk:
No sir/ma is not. But the thing is that the objective or primary purpose of marriage is just neglected. The major reason for marriage is just being a help-meet to eash other. Any other thing coming after is just secondary or say blessings of marriage. But people overlook the main purpose and focus on the latter.

God bless u bro u hitted the nail only if you marry a woman that understands the word HELP/ASSIST EACH OTHER
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Kingrshd3: 3:39pm On Jan 23
Ijaya123:

What have you done to contribute to the reduction of price of things in the market?

Have been retweeting and reposting what u have seen to repost until the president will see it
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by JimD(m): 3:44pm On Jan 23
I used to think like this. It's all Nollywood and Hollywood programming. I used to argue that love was the most important thing in dating or marriage. I was dead wrong. Fact is, it sets you up for the most extreme form of manipulation. Love is good. But it's not the most important thing in marriage. In fact, it's healthIer for love
and other forms of emotional connection to grow with time instead of coming straight out the box. Most of our "love at first sight" couples are divorcees now

4 Likes

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Chiuzk: 4:12pm On Jan 23
Kingrshd3:

God bless u bro u hitted the nail only if you marry a woman that understands the word HELP/ASSIST EACH OTHER
Yes I agree with you sir. Though I am a female. Thank you and God bless you sir.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Rinoxy: 4:26pm On Jan 23
Risingsunn:
I 2ish I never married my wife. When I see beautiful homes I envy them. There is no way I will continue like this for the rest of my life. I will definitely seek divorce soon.
My brother, it's well. I know how u feel.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Quebec91(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23
cheesy🤣🤣
AdeniyiA:

All these are affected most times by financial status. Women are naturally attracted to money. Infact, emotional attachment can even be stimulated when there's money, or suppressed when there's no money.

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by loswhite(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23
post=128085768:
True,
And most importantly.......

The WALL of a solid relationship is built on a solid WALLET.

FACT OF LIFE!!!

We Rise!
Why are rich ppl divorcing? This only applies to Nigerian relationships...slave master relationships where the girls see relationships and marriage as employment letters

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by ogawisdom(m): 7:20pm On Jan 23
Wittyglam:
Have you ever wondered what makes a marriage strong and enduring? Well, it's the emotional connection between partners that forms the bedrock of a long-lasting and fulfilling partnership. It's not just about having a companion, it's about having a profound understanding of each other's feelings, needs, and aspirations.

Cultivating emotional intimacy requires open communication, active listening, and empathy. When you share your joys and vulnerabilities with your partner, it creates a deeper bond that fosters a sense of security and support. And when you face challenges, your emotional connection becomes a resilient anchor that helps you navigate difficulties together.

In short, a strong emotional connection is the heartbeat of a thriving marriage, reinforcing the notion that a successful union is not just about being together but about truly being there for each other no matter what.

Lol I am not surprised coming from a woman. The main thing in marriage is compatibility, money, commitment and understanding.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by ozonechrome: 9:49pm On Jan 23
AdeniyiA:

This is not really true.

Emotional connection can be be build most times when there's no money because that's when men are most vulnerable.

It's harder when there's money.

This is why when money is not a problem for both people there's nothing else a man knows to give in the relationship because the woman doesn't need the money.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by ozonechrome: 9:55pm On Jan 23
HEBEI:
You posted about emotional connection in marriage without showing us how to achieve it undecided undecided undecided

How to achieve emotional connection.
1. Communication. Honest and effective communication.
2. Show empathy
3. Have quality time with each other.
4. Be vulnerable to each other.
5. Listen to understand not to respond.

2 Likes

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by kessler53(m): 10:35pm On Jan 23
AdeniyiA:

correct Sir
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Tyktoker: 11:15pm On Jan 23
Emotional connection is stronger after divorce! Why? you suppose emotional control is different from love abi, you Nigeria can make this English language meaningless ehhhhh.
Wittyglam:

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 10:34am On Jan 24
ExudeLoveToAll:
Women and emotions, this is why women opt for divorce more than the rates men do, when they longer feel they quit.

If you must have a long lasting relationship, emotional feelings would not be the top priority for marriage to strive.

Emotional feelings and connections have been what the feel good industry ( Hollywood and Nollywood fantasies) have sold to most women from their time of birth to adulthood. If there is a mismatch between ideal situation (Hollywood fantasies) and real life situation they term the relationship as 'I am not feeling this marriage or relationship ".

Dopamine rush will wane off as you progress into your relationship, you are then required to bring in habits that are independent of dopamine secretion because those are the habits that ensures a lasting marriage or relationship.

Some of the things that make one enjoy a lasting marriage or relationship includes
1. Tolerance
2. Kindness
3. Empathy
4. Committement
5. Loyalty
6. Mutual respect
7. Selflessness
8. Forgiveness
9. Communication
10. Finance

Once you base your strength of marriage on that feel good syndrome that marriage is bound to fail than succeed. Marriage is work, it's a place to train and mentor the next generation of leaders in the society, this process doesn't always come rossy, most times it is exhausting, energy consuming, financially draining and require resilience and doggedness to meander through all vicissitudes of life with a positive outcome. Those traits that are independent of feel good are what helps us overcome the challenges of marriage or relationship.

From what we see in our society though, men need the lessons more than women do.

And during the lesson, include the wonderful list you added up there. A number of men (NL a good evidence) do not realize that those qualities are required to be a great spouse.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by prophetfire: 2:17pm On Jan 24
Zonefree:
Women love marriage than they love themselves.
Yes. And it's because it's an escape route to them, whereby they pass their burdens to the man and now sit back and watch the man sweat it out all the days of his life trying to pay her bills.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by SuheylaAfra(f): 5:15am On Jan 27
Intrepid01:
For as long as we continue to ignore the word of God on marriage on other issues, some intelligent but limited in knowledge writers will continue to tell us what we need to sustain marriage, they’ll say one thing today, another tomorrow, they’ll write an encyclopedia on what you need to know to have a successful marriage, but the more they do, the more marriages fail, because those writings including the one up here can not and will never help sustain marriage. The only advice that sustains marriage is in the word of God: Husband love your wife, Wives obey your husbands. Any other thing na gibberish.

👏🏼👏🏼 YESS 10,000%!!!

1 Like

Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:11pm On Feb 02
Basicend:
Immediately I saw Emotion $ Marriage in the subject, I knew it must be a female write-up.

grin cheesy smiley cool.

I have not even gone through it. They prioritize marriage so much, but manipulate the whole thing out of control and order often.

Emotion is needed strongly but there must be order and clear purpose in a set-up or union.
your opinion and mentality. This goes to show the type of women you have around you.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:12pm On Feb 02
OZIOGU1:
This is lacking in most homes and is tearing marriages apart, especially when is one sided, sad most couples treat this aspect of marriage with kid gloves, but it is even more important than sexual connection.
True.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:13pm On Feb 02
RedpillAnalyst:
Off course written by that gender. Priming you for manipulation..
When I saw Redpill I didn't have to say much.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:13pm On Feb 02
Tharealisrael:

That submission is what women find difficult to do these days..they believe they are equal to the man.
That is why I ask women to marry men they can submit to because submission is important in marriage.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:15pm On Feb 02
Tyktoker:
Emotional connection is stronger after divorce! Why? you suppose emotional control is different from love abi, you Nigeria can make this English language meaningless ehhhhh.
Read what you wrote and read what I wrote. Learn to read to understand not to fight.
Re: Emotional Connection Is Important In Marriage. by Wittyglam(f): 8:17pm On Feb 02
ogawisdom:

Lol I am not surprised coming from a woman. The main thing in marriage is compatibility, money, commitment and understanding.
That is why a lot of you keep going about marriage the wrong way read.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Trust Issues Unresolved For 10years Managable? / Who Is An Adult? / Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.