Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary (13308 Views)

Plateau: Appeal Court dismisses review, fines 16 sacked PDP lawmakers N8m each / Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers / Eight Edo APC Lawmakers Threaten To Defect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by sageb: 9:01am On Jan 23
garfield1:

Yayi is succeeding dapo

It's obvious to political analyst that Yayi will contest for Governor in Ogun come 2027. I observed his moves when he left Lagos to contest for another senatorial position in Ogun.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 9:28am On Jan 23
garfield1:

I heard hon olumide osoba might be interested but tinubu has the final say

He wants to ride on his father's waning influence in Ogun politics and his close ties with Tinubu, kolewerk. Again, how popular is Olumide? I see is Governorship aspiration going the way Dimeji's went. Again, time will tell.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 10:05am On Jan 23
humberjade:

He wants to ride on his father's waning influence in Ogun politics and his close ties with Tinubu, kolewerk. Again, how popular is Olumide? I see is Governorship aspiration going the way Dimeji's went. Again, time will tell.

He is a rising star and might end up in senate or deputy to yayi.his father influence wanted under amosun not dapo
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by waveman2: 10:19am On Jan 23
The lordship while reading the judgement stated it can be appealed but to where? Supreme court or NJC.They should seek legal redress but if not then they should let sleeping dog lie.

BondRiv:

They cannot appeal. The decision of the Court of Appeal is final with respect to such matters.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 10:46am On Jan 23
garfield1:

He is a rising star and might end up in senate or deputy to yayi.his father influence wanted under amosun not dapo

The Senate, maybe, but he can't deputise Yayi. A Yewa/Egba ticket is bound to fail, you can't sideline the district with 11 LGAs against 9 and expect a smooth sail. And you and I know that Ogun East is never short of bright candidates every election year.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 10:46am On Jan 23
garfield1:

The Senate, maybe, but he can't deputise Yayi. A Yewa/Egba ticket is bound to fail, you can't sideline the district with 11 LGAs against 9 and expect a smooth sail. And you and I know that Ogun East is never short of bright candidates every election season.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 10:53am On Jan 23
humberjade:

The Senate, maybe, but he can't deputise Yayi. A Yewa/Egba ticket is bound to fail, you can't sideline the district with 11 LGAs against 9 and expect a smooth sail. And you and I know that Ogun East is never short of bright candidates every election season.

Ogun east has been producing gov or deputies since 1999.again,they are not united or do not give bloc votes
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by Sunday2021: 12:16pm On Jan 23
Coolestguy2023:
These ones are joking. NPF go use them do barbecue
The governor is PDP, the same judgement that remove them in appeal is the same judgement that the supreme court set aside.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by Sunday2021: 12:23pm On Jan 23
casualobserver:

how can lawmakers disobey the law?

it is beyond unfortunate what happened to them but that is no reason to act illegally especially for a body supposedly charged with making laws.

supreme court has already set aside that appeal court judgement so every judgement concerning that issue is also set aside.Therefore, the PDP house of assembly must also return back to their seats.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by Blitzerz: 2:08pm On Jan 23
Bluntemperor:

Yinmu!
What manners of Govt did you read in School?
*manner
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 2:44pm On Jan 23
garfield1:

Ogun east has been producing gov or deputies since 1999.again,they are not united or do not give bloc votes

But have you seen a Yewa/Egba ticket before? I highly doubt the idea will fly
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 2:51pm On Jan 23
humberjade:

But have you seen a Yewa/Egba ticket before? I highly doubt the idea will fly

I think osoba's deputy was yewa.There's always a first time na,records are meant to be broken.the egbas are heavily loyal to APC so it's good to reward them.leaving central empty will be a recipe for disaster besides east are heavily pdp despite dapo and osibanjo presence.again,they will still vote adebutu in 2027 that's if hon akinlade doesn't get the ticket.with yayi being gov,GNI will go to senate.one of osoba will be deputy while dimeji goes senate
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 3:18pm On Jan 23
Sunday2021:
supreme court has already set aside that appeal court judgement so every judgement concerning that issue is also set aside.Therefore, the PDP house of assembly must also return back to their seats.

What was set aside was the guber not the nass case.suprene court has no jurisdiction on legislative casee.moreover the apex court was wrong
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 3:19pm On Jan 23
garfield1:

I think osoba's deputy was yewa.There's always a first time na,records are meant to be broken.the egbas are heavily loyal to APC so it's good to reward them.leaving central empty will be a recipe for disaster besides east are heavily pdp despite dapo and osibanjo presence.again,they will still vote adebutu in 2027 that's if hon akinlade doesn't get the ticket.with yayi being gov,GNI will go to senate.one of osoba will be deputy while dimeji goes senate

Why was Olakunle Oluomo impeached? I am currently not in Nigeria, so I don't know what is playing out. Did he go against Dapo?

No o, Osoba's deputy was Gbenga Kaka from Ijebu Igbo. Again, it will be a big gamble to test the waters that way. Well, let's wait and see sha, the political climate in 2026 will dictate each actor's decision and direction. Leaving the entire East to Adebutu will be too dangerous. Of the about 530 votes of last election, over 200k came from Ogun East alone, imagine a candidate having a bloc vote from there. Well, permutations will be done by the actors.
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 3:32pm On Jan 23
humberjade:

Why was Olakunle Oluomo impeached? I am currently not in Nigeria, so I don't know what is playing out. Did he go against Dapo?

No o, Osoba's deputy was Gbenga Kaka from Ijebu Igbo. Again, it will be a big gamble to test the waters that way. Well, let's wait and see sha, the political climate in 2026 will dictate each actor's decision and direction. Leaving the entire East to Adebutu will be too dangerous. Of the about 530 votes of last election, over 200k came from Ogun East alone, imagine a candidate having a bloc vote from there. Well, permutations will be done by the actors.

I don't know why oluomo was impeached but I suspect he fell out with the governor or his colleagues or both.removal of speakers is a norm anyway.i just pmed you

1 Like

Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by humberjade: 5:32pm On Jan 23
garfield1:

I don't know why oluomo was impeached but I suspect he fell out with the governor or his colleagues or both.removal of speakers is a norm anyway.i just pmed you

Ok
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by DUNKA(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04
garfield1:

APC controls Plateau
How market? APC officially dead on Plateau state and you are the chief mourner
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by garfield1: 10:50am On Feb 05
DUNKA:
How market? APC officially dead on Plateau state and you are the chief mourner

But pdp has no legislative seat in plateau.the only thing you have is governor
Re: 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary by DUNKA(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10
garfield1:

But pdp has no legislative seat in plateau.the only thing you have is governor
Did they win elections or fradulently declared by the corrupt court? PLATEAU IS PDP PDP IS PLATEAU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court bars Uche Secondus from participating in PDP NEC, BoT, Caucus meetings / FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN / Saraki’s Trial Resumes At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.