Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers (14222 Views)

Plateau: Appeal Court dismisses review, fines 16 sacked PDP lawmakers N8m each / 16 Sacked Plateau State PDP Lawmakers Threaten To Resume Plenary / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Police Beef Up Security Ahead Of Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Bobloco: 4:54pm On Jan 23
Armed policemen on Tuesday used teargas to disperse sacked Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lawmakers from the premises of the Plateau State House of Assembly.

The 16 PDP lawmakers, who were sacked by the Court of Appeal, had arrived at the Assembly Complex on Tuesday, demanding to be admitted into the sitting of the House.

DAILY POST had reported that the lawmakers arrived at the Rayfield Old Government House in Jos on Tuesday morning with their supporters ahead of the resumption of plenary.

Policemen and other security operatives stormed the premises of the Government House to deny the sacked lawmakers entry into the chambers of the House of Assembly but the embattled lawmakers had vowed not to vacate the premises.
https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/23/breaking-court-of-appeal-judgment-police-teargas-16-sacked-plateau-pdp-lawmakers/

6 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by greatness22(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23
While their Governor was jumping to Bourdilion to sing praises of Tinubu, his house is being teargas by Police and ravaged by Fulani bandits.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by yarimo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23
That's very commendable from the police grin grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by BondRiv: 5:27pm On Jan 23
Good! They are enforcing the law. I thought they had gone to sleep.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by seunmsg(m): 5:28pm On Jan 23
They should have arrested all of them and give them serious beating for trying to undermine democracy and attempting to cause breakdown of law and order in the state.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by MissJ0(f): 5:28pm On Jan 23
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Bobloco: 5:52pm On Jan 23
seunmsg:
They should have arrested all of them and give them serious beating for trying to undermine democracy and attempting to cause breakdown of law and order in the state.

So democracy was not undermined when injustice was done to them at the Court of Appeal.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Coolestguy2023: 6:05pm On Jan 23
I said it here yesterday that Police will use them as barbeque

5 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by DeLaRue: 6:06pm On Jan 23
Nobody or institution can reverse the judgement of the Court of Appeal.

Not the Supreme Court. Not the President. Certainly not the Governor.

Even if the law that stops house of assembly appeals at the Court of Appeal is amended today, it will not apply retrospectively. So you guys can't benefit from such amendment.

You have been extremely unlucky but I don't see how the situation can be corrected.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Urgent1Million: 6:06pm On Jan 23
I still believe that, as long as the earth is rotating, one day I'll wake up in Switzerland so I won't get to hear any rubbish news about some parts of the world, ever again!!

14 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Confirmedzombie: 6:06pm On Jan 23
I wonder when LP will grow up. This is too childish by a party clamouring for a better Nigeria.

I await Peter Obi reaction.

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by omenka1: 6:07pm On Jan 23
shocked See honourable wear suit n shoe dey run grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by BABANGBALI: 6:07pm On Jan 23
Gradually turning to a banana Republic
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Nokio2: 6:08pm On Jan 23
We have been down this road before
Remember dariye vs 6 members
I just pity the young clueless speaker
He should go and study mike dapianlong the speaker of six member's
He is behaving like one guy in food section who was caught stealing people fried chicken pictures upandan
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by AntiWailer: 6:09pm On Jan 23
BABANGBALI:
Gradually turning to a banana Republic

rara Paw Paw ni

If Appeal court rules, is it to go to the house or go to supreme court. ?
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by santopelele(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23
Judiciary or APciary?
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Paraman: 6:10pm On Jan 23
They should be arrested and charge to court for public disturbance

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by lilytender: 6:10pm On Jan 23
Not enough. Police should have used them for shooting practice. Later, Emilokan Tinubu will declare state of emergency and dissolve all democratic structures, then appoint a Fulani retired General whom they hate so much as Sole Administrator.

Everybody eyes go clear

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Richmindanthony(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23
What a confused situation, what's d next line of action now, is the appeal court going to reviewed d judgment or sth?
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23
seunmsg:
I guess same could be meted to the 25 lawmakers in Rivers

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by lilytender: 6:13pm On Jan 23
seunmsg:

Nooo.

Police should have let loose Fulani herdsmen to go and teach the idiots a lesson they will relay to their forefathers when they meet in Hell
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Lumig: 6:14pm On Jan 23
cheesy
You've been sacked and you're still threatening brimstone and Fire. Who is their sponsor? Àwọ̀n Oniyẹyẹ

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Anguldi(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23
Wahala
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Mandate2023: 6:17pm On Jan 23
So after court judgement dey want to force themselves into power😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by oluwatomiwa(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23
These are not lawmakers but lawbreakers

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Brandoon(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23
Hmm this is serious
Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by Cocolatti(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23
Confirmedzombie:
I wonder when LP will grow up. This is too childish by a party clamouring for a better Nigeria.

I await Peter Obi reaction.
You are a confirmed zombie indeed. What is the relationship between the 16 PDP Lawmakers and LP?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers by IgboSomalia: 6:23pm On Jan 23
Eeya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June / 2024: Rivers Assembly Okays N800bn "Budget Of Renewed Hope & Consolidation" / Lalong Defeats Pdp’s Useni To Secure Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.