Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) (31362 Views)

AFCON 2023: Super Eagles squad to get $7m if they win the tournament / UCL: Osimhen Leads Napoli To Knockout Phase, Manchester United Crash Out / Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by millionboi2: 8:50pm On Jan 22
Yaxon:
We fit dey wumble and fumble to finals oh?
hahahaha funny, very funny.....u never gem goal pumping team.
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Shattuck(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22
Not impressed
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22
Congrats to Super Eagles.

I would like us to meet Senegal this week.

I wan check something. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by AbuAeesha: 8:52pm On Jan 22
We are moving on with Grace and luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by AncientAlien(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22
Vipro:
Make person send me money make I use chop na
base on say nah we born you nah

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by saintopus(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22
tiswell:
Super eagles won't last past the next round,they are very unorganized

Very true.😁😁😁
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Twoclans(f): 8:53pm On Jan 22
Abeg angry

Worse Super Eagles team I have watched since I turned eight years.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:53pm On Jan 22
tiswell:

I am telling you......

This is the worst Super Eagles I have ever seen...... They can't score. Just running up and down......

I have so much respect for Equatorial Guinea......

Look at how they walloped Ivory Coast, the same ivory, we struggled to beat......

Osimen is useless like the P in Psychiatry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by omoredia: 8:55pm On Jan 22
Vipro:
Make person send me money make I use chop na

Adeboye prayer dey work for ur life. U are begging for food already

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by samwash(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22
Well congrats to the super eagles, but if we meet team when them striker good, come get better defense, we go collect.
This super eagles team need to stop wasting chances.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by YourMrBoo: 8:56pm On Jan 22
GanagiBitrus:
Our possible Round of 16 fixture:

*If Guinea beats Senegal, we will play Senegal

*If Guinea Draws Senegal, we play Guinea

*If Senegal beats Guinea, & Cameroon beats Gambia with 2goals, we will play Cameroon.

Na lie
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Oboto700(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22
OmoNla99:
Their win is not convincing, they need to do more.
The Ivorians they defeated with a single goal(penalty) were mercilessly beaten by the Equatorial Guinea. The knock out stage will define their progress.
I wish them the very best as they progress through to the next phase.
why didn't guinea beat us mercilessly? Or u don't know the number of chances we missed in that game? You guys think football is mathematics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Ayosuccess12: 8:57pm On Jan 22
Congratulations on super eagle

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Kingray10: 9:00pm On Jan 22
GanagiBitrus:

*If Senegal beats Guinea, & Cameroon beats Gambia with 2goals, we will play Cameroon.
I guess we will play Guinea.
Well let's see how the match goes, but that's my prediction

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by iamtardey: 9:02pm On Jan 22
Osimhen na Champ.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Kinzo0917(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22
pretydiva:
They really need to step up their game
They have been quite disappointing

You are indeed pretty sha

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Caleb15(m): 9:07pm On Jan 22
Breakfast loading...
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by OmoNla99: 9:08pm On Jan 22
Oboto700:
why didn't guinea beat us mercilessly? Or u don't know the number of chances we missed in that game? You guys think football is mathematics

Football is all about taking and making the best use of all chances as you mentioned. If Guinea had converted their chances very well today, they could have won as well. About Equatorial Guinea I mentioned, they keep improving on each game.
The super as well can do better.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Kinzo0917(m): 9:08pm On Jan 22
nairavsdollars:
Let's tell ourselves the truth. Nothing is super about these Eagles. Senegal will beat them silly

Not only senegal 🇸🇳.

Many teams will flog them

Not impressed with the team at all

If we progressed beyond the next round, then God is on our side

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by DeepSight(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22
millionboi2:
Very useless team,I support my lovely Equatorial guinea side, Nigeria team is very useless

When did EQG become yours?

grin
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by dreyboard(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22
We can shock them all...
Hit the like button if you believe Nigeria can win this AFCON

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Kinzo0917(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22
Kaxmytex:
We dey lift am...

But we need to stop wasting chances

We are not lifting anything. Stop deceiving yourself

Except they improve their lackluster display, we will go out in the next round

Let hope 🙏 ur thought 💭 come through sha
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by dikings(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22
Lol with what they played today, they may not pass thru this 1st knockout stage. They had no patten no passion no understanding. Except another luck comes up again.. Lol
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Slimlord(m): 9:26pm On Jan 22
[When you guys start watching ball and forget stats
Guinea was toothless against us actually quote author=Bacteria8 post=128074061] Guinea Bissau had better shot on target, better overall shot, and better ball possession.

The own goal was just unfortunate.

This Super Eagle will be used to wipe the floor should they meet Senegal, Morrocco or Cape Verde.

I'm 100% sure if we were to play Equitorial Guinea again, those guys will beat us silly this time around.[/quote]
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by geoworldedu: 9:31pm On Jan 22
enambobo:
3 games, 1 goal, I penalty, 1 own goal. Are we really ready for the title?
So far we are not losing, then we have nothing to worry about.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by kestolove95(m): 9:35pm On Jan 22
Guinea too much for this competition

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by goody234: 9:37pm On Jan 22
They will go out in the knockout stage ,the fact that super eagles cannot score will be their undoing ..they just trickled into the next stage unfortunately i don't see them progressing further
Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Tonyx5(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22
GanagiBitrus:

If iffs and buts were candies and toys then everyday will be Christmas.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by Seunfretty: 9:47pm On Jan 22
In case Osimhen himself doesn't know...he is the only hope of this team winning that trophy
Looking at it tactically the team to me is built all to favour victor ...the 3-4-3 gives us room to stretch the opposition and then get balls into the box ..the coach I believe have noticed our midfield is not really elite in quality hence he has decide to play a safer tactics...we have lnt really been conceeding much and we look a little better defensively since we changed to 3-4-3...but the problem is we don't have goal scoring attackers...aside victor we don't actually have that attacker that is fearless very skillful ,strong on the ball ...and can score goals...lookman is nt....chukwueze is not...Moses is not either ..but they can get the calls to a striker....and are fairly ok ...that's where Osimhen comes in...if this team will succeed

1) Osimhen has to score goals

2) We need another attacker next to him to score goals too...our attackers are averagely good but they are not natural goal scorers

In Napoli Osimhen has kwara close to him kwara is a goal scorer...and forget victors goal last season ..napoli would t have won the tittle if kwara hadn't been scoring tooo...

We need a front line that knows how to score goals or we won't make it past quarter finals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by freemanq(m): 9:48pm On Jan 22
They tried playing against African team is not easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) by sleeknaija(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22
tiswell:

Na so una go dey misyarn. I am very sure when the competition started, u would have said they won't qualify pass the group stage. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebitimi Collins Slumps And Dies (Photos) / Kenneth Omeruo And His Wife, Chioma Nnamani Step Out For Church Thanksgiving / Nigeria's World Cup Kit Sells Out On First Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.