Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Solar Energy Logbook. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Energy Logbook. (1047 Views)

Ask Me Anything About Solar Energy - Sales & Installation Services / Promo: 3000watt Solar Energy System For Just N650,000.00 (unbelievable) / Top 5 Solar Energy Company In Nigeria For Your Homes And Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22
This is just a simple logbook kind of post. The aim is actually to help me keep stock of solar gig, installation and problems that am able to attend to.

I will as much as possible try to be very honest. though my methods might be questionable, but yeah am open to critism.

By the way I was thinking, is this thread category not supposed to fall under dairy undecided
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22
So on This same day, duty call started as usual around 10am.
The job site location was leventies by garage in Warri Delta State.

8pcs of 550w Jinko solar panels to be installed for a betting shop.
After getting to the site, we started to source our mounting accessories.

Initially, we agreed on using a scaffold to run the installation, but when the bills came in mehn local man and SNR man had to sit down and have a rethink.

I will post the outcome tomorrow.
But for today, have a glimpse of today's job.

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:25pm On Jan 22
Obnoxious2001:
So on This same day, duty call started as usual around 10am.
The job site location was leventies by garage in Warri Delta State.

8pcs of 550w Jinko solar panels to be installed for a betting shop.
After getting to the site, we started to source our mounting accessories.

Initially, we agreed on using a scaffold to run the installation, but when the bills came in mehn local man and SNR man had to sit down and have a rethink.

I will post the outcome tomorrow.
But for today, have a glimpse of today's job.

I must confess mehn carrying 550w of this solar panel is very heavy.
I will try to do justice to ascertain how much it weighs tomorrow, because we have to safely move this gadgets upto 2 storey building using a ladder πŸͺœπŸͺœ.
Am very sure you don't want to miss that
aspect of this story.

I will use this night to fast,hopefully it shall not be our last. But in all, we shall prevail. grin grin.

After the bustle and planning, my chairman at @brightk said let go and eat with igbe (sacrifice in Urhobo) plate grin grin grin in one corner.
Shout out to the people whey dey call us come chopπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by brightk(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22
Obnoxious2001:

I must confess men carry 550w of this solar panel is very heavy.
I will try to do justice to ascertain how much it weighs tomorrow, because we have to safely move this gadgets upto 2 storey building using a ladder πŸͺœπŸͺœ.
Am very sure you don't want to miss that
aspect of this story.

I will use this night to fast,hopefully it shall not be our last. But in all, we shall prevail. grin grin.

After the bustle and planning, my chairman at @brightk said let go and eat with igbe (sacrifice in Urhobo) plate grin grin grin in one corner.
Shout out to the people whey dey call us come chopπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
lol u nor well
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by rapcy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 22
Carry go bro, abeg explain the part of connection from the inverter to the knife switch then to the DB, which wire dey go where and where. I no too understand that part
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:33am On Jan 23
rapcy:
Carry go bro, abeg explain the part of connection from the inverter to the knife switch then to the DB, which wire dey go where and where. I no too understand that part

No problem.
I will try my best to explain while one the job.

I don't plan uploading/sharing videos, but if it warrant it, I will but seldomly
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:50am On Jan 24
Yesterday was the D day, I had to get a journeyman for the job, someone who is bold and courageous enough to climb up 45ft using a 15ft Γ— 3 extension ladders.

I must say, you don't want to try this at home sad. Because we are made for This grin.
Ladder was set we used a shelf to support the rear of the ladder πŸͺœ to prevent sagging (yes I studied marine engineering).

As team leader, I went in for the first climb to test the stability and ensure firmness (no be me go kill person pikin) after. Some few steps, we decided to wire band the top of the ladder to the balcony of the last floor.

Every thing is set and good, then the Earthing and arrestor guy just came and started their job.

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by obinna37(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24
Obnoxious2001:
Yesterday was the D day, I had to get a journeyman for the job, someone who is bold and courageous enough to climb up 45ft using a 15ft Γ— 3 extension ladders.

I must say, you don't want to try this at home sad. Because we are made for This grin.
Ladder was set we used a shelf to support the rear of the ladder πŸͺœ to prevent sagging (yes I studied marine engineering).

As team leader, I went in for the first climb to test the stability and ensure firmness (no be me go kill person pikin) after. Some few steps, we decided to wire band the top of the ladder to the balcony of the last floor.

Every thing is set and good, then the Earthing and arrestor guy just came and started their job.

following
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24
obinna37:
following
Thank you for reading πŸ™πŸ™
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24
I got in with my journeyman and we started preparing the mounting rack ( we used interlock aluminium profile for this job, from experience I think they have better stability when trying to nail them into the roof)

We did some calculations to manage material grin grin grin my oga you dey owe me undecided . So we ended up using 3pcs of aluminium profile to mount 8pcs of the 550w solar panel.

Preparing the railing was not the problem self, pulling the panels up the roof was too stress full (all my body done break forget I said I was made for this 😭😭).

There where some many challenges with the ridge board has broken and some of the wood.

So we had to swap position (who dem dey lead sometimes no know Wetin leader they see) with me myself taking the most risky position on the roof.
We dont have pictures of the process just minor clips here and there.

But am grateful, am able to come back to this thread to document it
grin grin grin grin.
Shout out to all the key people involved in the project.

Hopefully, we I will be sharing update on battery and inverter system.
We are having some down time procuring the batteries

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by brightk(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24
Obnoxious2001:
I got in with my journeyman and we started preparing the mounting rack ( we used interlock aluminium profile for this job, from experience I think they have better stability when trying to nail them into the roof)

We did some calculations to manage material grin grin grin my oga you dey owe me undecided . So we ended up using 3pcs of aluminium profile to mount 8pcs of the 550w solar panel.

Preparing the railing was not the problem self, pulling the panels up the roof was too stress full (all my body done break forget I said I was made for this 😭😭).

There where some many challenges with the ridge board has broken and some of the wood.

So we had to swap position (who dem dey lead sometimes no know Wetin leader they see) with me myself taking the most risky position on the roof.
We dont have pictures of the process just minor clips here and there.

But am grateful, am able to come back to this thread to document it
grin grin grin grin.
Shout out to all the key people involved in the project.

Hopefully, we I will be sharing update on battery and inverter system.
We are having some down time procuring the batteries

Lol... money don finish
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28
I don't know How to continue the his logbook
But let's start it anyhow undecided.

So after we installed the solar panels, it took us about 2 days to prepare battery for the job.

The First, we used it to pick up the cells, and strategize how we are going to package it.

Second day(on Friday), we started the fabrication of the housing for the battery.
We choose to use would because it is what we can easily access and work with.

We brought out the cells(3.2v 100ah lifepo4) connected it and strapped then together.
There are a lot of stories to say but I will allow images to do the remaining.

And yes, it was a woman that fabricated the casing.

I was in shock the way she was reading the inches scale on the measurements tape grin grin grin.

My sense was like how come you don't know how to measure inches

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25
So I am trying to update this thread with images and nairaland is blocking it undecided.

No problem.
So far work has been going fine in Warri even though am away (am presently in Lagos State).

Shout out to blessed and emeretus, they have been able to attend to urgent jobs/ installation that needed my presence.

Meanwhile, in one of the jobs where we where contracted to just install the solar panels, emeretus was like oga, you suppose come site make you come motivate us oh grin grin grin.

But in all, we have collectively installed 5000wp for just this month.
About 3000wp(350 *6 & 300*3) in Warri and 2000wp (265w* 4 and 235*4) in Lagos.

Shout out also to all the nairalands whey dey give us food smiley.

I will still try to upload images I no gree for Seun.
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by rapcy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28
How much for this batteries?
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:42pm On Feb 29
rapcy:
For the 100ah 70k
50ah 35k..

There are higher capacity, I have no idea about it.
cc brightk
cc valto

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Valto(m): 12:42am On Mar 01
rapcy:
exactly the same battery is available for sale. whatsapp me 08020574628
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 3:36am On Mar 05
Happy new month.
We have started the month in good faith.
Yesterday's job was tedious, but we are grateful.

So along the line of duty call, I was opportune to meet Alhaji yewa from Sokoto. Man was very courageous considering the complexity of the job, even do I was stressed while executing the task. I was marveled by his courage.

We where faces with relocation of 6 Pcs of 250w solar panels from the main building (storey building), then relocated it to the varanda behind the house.

The job could not be finished yesterday because of some issues (wire that was bought was 10mm but the seller supplied 6mm) I wonder why some people are dubious.

Been a consultant/ 3rd part to the job, when I made my observations, chairman no gree sad sad.
I had to calm down and started explain the tricks wire sellers used in selling wire.

He called the supplier and she pretended not to know, but said we can return it and ask for refund grin grin grin grin grin.
A whole 200k + for 50yrds of 10mm undecided undecided
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 3:37am On Mar 05
Valto:
exactly the same battery is available for sale. whatsapp me 08020574628

Migwo ose smiley
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:26am On Mar 11
Yesterday Sunday, we where active at abule oshun Lagos where we where installing 1330wp of PV.

Structure was a 2 storey building (we used scaffold for this) the structure was above 45ft. So ladder was a no go area.

I don't have much information on the internals, my duty was just to oversee the PV installation and dropping off the Wire.

This are the few images we where able to capture smiley.

We are still available and active in warri and Lagos cool

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by rapcy(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13
Obnoxious2001:

For the 100ah 70k
50ah 35k..

There are higher capacity, I have no idea about it.
cc brightk
cc valto

Can I see a picture of the 100ah battery please
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by brightk(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13
rapcy:

Can I see a picture of the 100ah battery please
currently @ of stock now but will available shortly. Btw 280ah de in stock
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by rapcy(m): 5:51am On Mar 14
brightk:
currently @ of stock now but will available shortly. Btw 280ah de in stock

How much?
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by brightk(m): 7:09am On Mar 14
rapcy:

How much?
its 145k per cell.. wat voltage are u looking @? 12/24/48

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:52am On Mar 14
So two days ago I got a call from a friend to participate in an installation with him at daleko around iyana isolo area. I went to the place and saw over head high tension and we are supposed to climb up grin grin grin.

Na so I decline grin grin grin grin the owner was saying he want it in his own side of the shopπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
After so many back and forth, we situated it in a place, far from the overhead high tension lines.

No be me them go kill grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:00am On Mar 24
Distinguished members of this thread I bring you good tidings.

happy Sunday first of all cool.

Last week Thursday, i installed 2200wp of PV (it was a causal job for a company at ajah so I went in alone which I have never done before for PV capacity above 350watt)at lekki mehn deep down, I have made up my mind not to be involved in that kind of installation, they wan use work finish me

During the installation when I was trying to drag up the 3rd solar panel, I lost balance which almost cost us that solar panel and my life embarassed, but thank God I prevailed wink.

Some how, my effort has been rewarding even though I didn't get well paid enough I was able to get insider information on the panel distribution.

This are for the dudes on this thread that loves tier 1 solar panels, I was doing a comparison with other brands of solar panels.

Seems it's the pricing that will distinguish them

I will update you when I get full details on their pricing for their solar panels.
cool

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25
Obnoxious2001:

Last week Thursday, i installed 2200wp of PV (it was a causal job for a company at ajah so I went in alone which I have never done before for PV capacity above 350watt)at lekki mehn deep down, I have made up my mind not to be involved in that kind of installation, they wan use work finish me

During the installation when I was trying to drag up the 3rd solar panel, I lost balance which almost cost us that solar panel and my life embarassed, but thank God I prevailed wink.

Some how, my effort has been rewarding even though I didn't get well paid enough I was able to get insider information on the panel distribution.

This are for the dudes on this thread that loves tier 1 solar panels, I was doing a comparison with other brands of solar panels.

I will update you when I get full details on their pricing for their solar panels.
cool

So I have gotten feedback from them
Their price is quite massive 180k for 550w.

Comparing it with our tier 1 in Nigeria,

1. Canadian solar 560w sells for 174k
2. Jinko solar 555w sells for 168k
3. Sunova solar 550w sells for 180k

By performance they have proven their self, even though the sales manager was try to say sunova was more superior in quality.

Like I said previously, it's the cost that will be the determinant.

Those in favour of Jinko say "I"
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I forgot to add, looking at their data sheet they all have similar data.
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Hassan52(m): 6:31pm On Mar 30
Please can you teach me solar installation.

Obnoxious2001:

cool
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30
Hassan52:
Please can you teach me solar installation.

I have responded to your email already.

But that's by the way, where are you located?
Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:03pm On Mar 30
I bring you good tidings smiley.
I have access to supplying you the below tubular battery at very good rates (255k) in Lagos.

Batteries comes with 18Months warranty.
Check my signature

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09
Welcome to April.
2nd April 2024
190w solar panels x 2 installed on a 2 storey building, although the client claimed it was 300w (that's not my business anyway)

I didn't bother to take a picture at all. The height no be my mate😒😒.

I was just fixated on installing the solar panels and coming down.

My method of entrance was with ladder πŸͺœ I got help from (zino) a guy around the vicinity. The guy was like how you get mind use ladder dey climb this roof .....
Ah I no fit do this work walai.

To the controller and battery area, I found out the battery had drained to 4v and the client claimed it was a new battery.

I fixed the problem by simply connecting the PV directly to the battery so the voltage can increase, then I followed it up with charging with the inverter since there was nepa available

I delivered the job and left the site, after a day we discovered the inverter has some fault with its push switch which I service with brake oil and it was solved.

Hopefully I will bring you more epistle

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Penuelseun(m): 6:10am On Apr 10
Obnoxious2001:
Welcome to April.
2nd April 2024
190w solar panels x 2 installed on a 2 storey building, although the client claimed it was 300w (that's not my business anyway)

I didn't bother to take a picture at all. The height no be my mate😒😒.

I was just fixated on installing the solar panels and coming down.

My method of entrance was with ladder πŸͺœ I got help from (zino) a guy around the vicinity. The guy was like how you get mind use ladder dey climb this roof .....
Ah I no fit do this work walai.

To the controller and battery area, I found out the battery had drained to 4v and the client claimed it was a new battery.

I fixed the problem by simply connecting the PV directly to the battery so the voltage can increase, then I followed it up with charging with the inverter since there was nepa available

I delivered the job and left the site, after a day we discovered the inverter has some fault with its push switch which I service with brake oil and it was solved.

Hopefully I will bring you more epistle
following

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy Logbook. by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:39am On Apr 22
After sitting at home yawning and planning my trip to warri, I got a call from my contractor that he was going to visit Lagos and we needed to execute a project .

We took off Saturday 6th April at 10:00am.

He had procured the solar 1800wp(300*6) panels, batteries (2 tubular), 3kw must hybrid inverter and every item we needed for the project.

We got to site and started the installation. Roof was asbestos and the structure position was not very well strategic so we did a lot of + and -.

Finally we started the job, I entered the roof and was very sceptical about the rigidity.
I was finding it difficult to nail self( I needed a 6" nail where I wan see am for Idowu egba😩)

We changed the pattern of installation and laid it flat on the roof while using copper wire to secure them.

It was in this process local man almost fellπŸ™‚. You know that proverbs that says them no dey use 2 legs test if water deep.
Na this roof them dey talk about.

I took a testing step and broke the roof.we discovered later that the wood there has decayed.

Now if you are an installer,I will advise you to inspect the roofing before you work on it.

I conquered the installation with no injury even after the accident.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pentium 3 Laptops Still Avialable! / Brand New Lg 32" Lcd Tv For Sale @ 85k / Hp Dv6. 4gb Ram, 500gb Hdd. 2.4ghz Speed. Core I3 For Sale 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.