Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC (43519 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami / Can I Register 6 SIM Cards With NIN? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by sketching: 11:22am On Jan 23
Why SIMs are being barred despite linkage to NINs – NCC

The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, has said that the duplication of National Identification Numbers is responsible for the new wave of complaints from subscribers who have had their SIMs barred despite linking them to their NINs.

This, according to NCC, is due to the activity of third-party agents who duplicate NINs for unsuspecting telecom subscribers.

The commission revealed this at a recent media briefing in Lagos.

Commenting on the issue, the commission’s Director of Compliance, Mr Efosa Idehen, said, “On the issue of already registered SIMs and NIN, the issue is that some of those SIMs were registered with duplicated NINs.

“When an audit of the system is carried out, actual owners of the NINs reclaim them. We have a lot of things that people do within the industry, especially SIM-NIN linkage for money purposes. Yes, people register their SIMs and try to link their NINs but the agents doing those registrations do a lot of damage.

We are seeing this and want to correct it. We want a situation where when people say they are the owners of their SIMs, there is no doubt.”

This comes from recent complaints by some subscribers that their lines had been barred by telcos despite linking their NINs with their SIM cards.

SOURCE: Daily Post

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by atiku4President(m): 11:23am On Jan 23
How? No be una say if we link our SIM card to our NIM, all our problems will be solved? Why una come dey cry now?

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Natbrowny: 11:23am On Jan 23
NCC

MAD, INCOMPETENT BUFFOONS

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by MissJ0(f): 11:25am On Jan 23
I don't know. I've linked mine twice, yet I got this again this morning after linking it last week for the second time.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by sketching: 11:27am On Jan 23
The CURRENT process has been taken over by scammers, especially targeting the lines of older people, Nigerians in diaspora, and those with significant bank transactions (allegedly).

If authorities are serious about solving this issue, they should investigate and prosecute those who allegedly duplicated subscribers' NINs (isn't that fraud punishable by up to 2 years in jail?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPK3Fc0ykng

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by youngrichnigga: 11:34am On Jan 23
By default, the NIN shouldn't be linkable to two names(identities which included fingerprint, pictures etc). Except you're now telling us that that database is not foolproof and admitting the country just wasted and spent billions of Naira buying and paying for untested and compromised database system undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by azadus18: 11:41am On Jan 23
Very confused entity

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Cassandraloius: 11:48am On Jan 23
Scammers are now the new sim card business men and women. They will link your NIN to various account.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Kevineleven(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23
Don't worry they will sue them soon, blocking people's line for no just cause, just wait.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Armaggedon: 12:35pm On Jan 23
Why is it affecting only MTN subscribers?

26 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Gadafii: 3:30pm On Jan 23
These people are very clueless

7 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Melagros(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23
COMRADES
The said barred lines should sort themselves out of the quagmire. Ncc na shittins
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by richard870(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23
undecided
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by SlavaUkraini: 4:02pm On Jan 23
Ordinary Sim card linkage, Naija cannot get it right

We truly have a long way to go

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Seunpapa65: 4:03pm On Jan 23
Hmm
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Anijay1212(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23
angry
I even received a call from one of their agents after linking my NIN to the new MTN Sim i bought.
They should find a way to solve this mess.

3 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by bigdammyj: 4:04pm On Jan 23
Reading...
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by ceejay80s(m): 4:05pm On Jan 23
Kevineleven:
Don't worry they will sew them soon, blocking people's line for no just cause, just wait.
SUE not sew

10 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by money121(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23
Ok
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by adioolayi(m): 4:08pm On Jan 23
This is a great move by NCC..

NIN and SIM Biometric wey no tally.... disconnect the line ...

This is why we have huge unabated cyber crime and why it is almost impossible to use SIM to track criminals. They are using NIN that are not theirs to link the network lines they are using to scam.

So, any data that is not corresponding... Disconnect it!

Simple!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by We4all: 4:09pm On Jan 23
I just received an SMS that my line will soon be barred. I have told them to go ahead because I dey japa go moon soon.

8 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by SimpleDan3: 4:10pm On Jan 23
grin
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by WealthyNigerian: 4:10pm On Jan 23
sylve11:

The thing is affecting all networks.

My Airtel line is telling to go and link my NiN. Something that I have done since 1892. angry cool
1892?! So you were these when this shocking story happened?
https://www.nairaland.com/7979140/history-when-yorubas-opened-africans#128086834

2 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Siberia01(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Mokason288(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23
grin
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by foleskay(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23
Very un serious country
What's d difference between nin and bvn? They both have d same data base when u open any of them. Same details as well as finger print and photo. Rubbishh

6 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by erai30(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23
If Una bar my line I go just naked swear for Una straight up. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by obinna58(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23
Nice
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Paraman: 4:12pm On Jan 23
One of my number is barred while the rest are not
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by sylve11: 4:13pm On Jan 23
Armaggedon:
Why is it affecting only MTN subscribers?

The thing is affecting all networks.

My Airtel line is telling to go and link my NiN. Something that I have done since 1892. angry cool

4 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by olaniyilukman(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23
atiku4President:
How? No be una say if we link our SIM card to our NIM, all our problems will be solved? Why una come dey cry now?
Don't just rush to comment section, take your time to read and the understand the information...

2 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Kinzo0917(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23
MissJ0:
I don't know. I've linked mine twice, yet I got this again this morning after linking it last week for the second time.

Same here.

I linked mine today and I got message instantly dat my line will be bared if I don't link my line to my nin.

This guys are incompetent

Between you look pretty at ur profile

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Data Plan For Heavy Downloads? / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN? / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.