Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC (43575 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami / Can I Register 6 SIM Cards With NIN? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by lexy2014: 6:46pm On Jan 23
Babangidapikin:
glad they are doing something about this, and admitting their wrong , but I know they are more infractions they need to uncover....The numbers of bank we have in Nigeria, requires a system that tell us which account is linking our BVN ,.. The banks just too much ...though nothing wrong with that ...

Na WA oh.

Even if you couldn't read the story, are you saying u couldn't read the topic?

How is what you said related to the topic?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Benekkk: 7:00pm On Jan 23
Mad and incompetent nincompoops! After they have succeeded in stopping kidnapping and collecting of ransom money.
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Quodseverismete: 8:08pm On Jan 23
Those blocked me from making calls, but I can receive calls from the line I have on several occasions linked the sim wit my nin.
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Bossman(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23
This is nonsense! Anyone that knows about these things will tell you that it should not be possible for the NIN to be linked to two different identities - fingerprint, names, pictures. Those identifying attributes should uniquely identify an entity/individual. Except if the system is really screwed up that it's not able to uniquely identify an entity with those attributes. And it should not be possible for someone with an NIN to get another one. Except if it's a not a well designed application.

4 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by jellybabee(f): 8:49pm On Jan 23
MissJ0:
I don't know. I've linked mine twice, yet I got this again this morning after linking it last week for the second time.
did you get a notification text message that your nin has been successfully linked to your sim card after the registration?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by jellybabee(f): 9:00pm On Jan 23
sketching:

SOURCE: Daily Post
login to your MTN App to confirm if your nin has been successfully linked...
If not.... you have to first generate your virtual nin (VNIN) to be able to register your Nin....in which N20 will be deducted from the sim twice( for generating VNIN and submission of NIN).

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by etrader(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23
I don't even know purpose of that linking your NIN with your phone, no kidnapper has been arrested with help of linking phone with NIN. This country tired me ooo

2 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Bimpe29: 9:33pm On Jan 23
How is the duplication possible?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Khyrvxjzy: 10:10pm On Jan 23
atiku4President:
How? No be una say if we link our SIM card to our NIM, all our problems will be solved? Why una come dey cry now?

you go school
or you chose to be ipob
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by themanderon: 10:12pm On Jan 23
That is how they will be dragging Nigerians up and down with one registration or another yet their incompetence must always show itself at the end of the day. Nin, bvn, sim reg etc has failed to do what it was intended to do.

2 Likes

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by JerryJB007(m): 10:14pm On Jan 23
Make una no block my line ooo

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Franky9584(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23
Nigeria a fool @64.
After linking our phone numbers with BVN, NIN, yet nothing is not yielding any benefit.
Most of the dirty jobs(kidnapping ,robbery etc) done in this country are done through phone calls, yet no trace to them!

Who did we offend in this country

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Babangidapikin: 1:53am On Jan 24
lexy2014:

Na WA oh.

Even if you couldn't read the story, are you saying u couldn't read the topic?

How is what you said related to the topic?
you are better off, ignore
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Arabaincubus: 2:50am On Jan 24
Can anything be done correctly in this country?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by BluntCrazeMan: 5:24am On Jan 24
sketching:

So,, what exactly are they saying?

How would they know that a “NIN” which is linked to a SIM-card and given to a User is a duplicated NIN.??

The third-party registration agents usually harvest the NIN of innocent individuals in their absence, and use it to register the SIM of multiple persons, and the name and details on the newly registered SIM would be that of the Original owner of the NIN Number - and this original owner of the NIN wouldn't even be aware of what the agents are doing with his/her NIN.

Then again, the person who wanted to buy a new SIM wouldn't also know what happened...
All he/she needed was just to buy a pre-registered SIM.

So, during the NCC’s so-called Audit, how would they know that the eventual user of the SIM is not the owner of the NIN, since they don't have the user’s information by any means??

I just want to know, because I don't understand what this particular news is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Edusouls(m): 6:42am On Jan 24
Nigerians are cursed with disorganization, corruption and destruction, anything government introduced for the good of the people Nigerians must surely destroy it, N power, NIN etc . Blacks are a terrible terrible species of humans I swear, at times I wonder if God contracted other lower Gods to create Africans ?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Edusouls(m): 6:45am On Jan 24
themanderon:
That is how they will be dragging Nigerians up and down with one registration or another yet their incompetence must always show itself at the end of the day. Nin, bvn, sim reg etc has failed to do what it was intended to do.
yes because blacks are cursed so nothing good can survive with us we must surely destroy it
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by tonyson010(m): 7:25am On Jan 24
sketching:
The CURRENT process has been taken over by scammers, especially targeting the lines of older people, Nigerians in diaspora, and those with significant bank transactions (allegedly).

If authorities are serious about solving this issue, they should investigate and prosecute those who allegedly duplicated subscribers' NINs (isn't that fraud punishable by up to 2 years in jail?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPK3Fc0ykng

Telcoms should stop recycling numbers. That is causing big issues already.

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Advancedman(m): 8:04am On Jan 24
SlavaUkraini:
Ordinary Sim card linkage, Naija cannot get it right

We truly have a long way to go

It's all same issue of extortion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by sketching: 8:20am On Jan 24
tonyson010:

Telcoms should stop recycling numbers. That is causing big issues already.

You're on point
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by eteba(m): 8:32am On Jan 24
How couldn't the system recognise and bar multiple linkages.

Incompetent fools.

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by netmillionaires(m): 9:47am On Jan 24
What procedure did you follow to link yours? I linked mine three days ago using the *994# sent to me by MTN. But it is still pending though.

Kinzo0917:

Same here.

I linked mine today and I got message instantly dat my line will be bared if I don't link my line to my nin.

This guys are incompetent

Between you look pretty at ur profile
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by lexyclasy: 11:37am On Jan 24
sketching:

So what is the remedy, we don't need this thrash from you suckers.

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by patorial(m): 12:10pm On Jan 24
MissJ0:
I don't know. I've linked mine twice, yet I got this again this morning after linking it last week for the second time.

Your problem is likely that the name registered with your SIM is definitely not matched with the name registered with your NIN

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by patorial(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24
Kinzo0917:

Same here.

I linked mine today and I got message instantly dat my line will be bared if I don't link my line to my nin.

This guys are incompetent

Between you look pretty at ur profile

Link your SIM to your network mobile app and you will find out that the name your SIM was registered is different from that with your NIN

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by themanderon: 12:53pm On Jan 24
Edusouls:
yes because blacks are cursed so nothing good can survive with us we must surely destroy it

I beg I am not cursed Biko. It's just like that in this country go to most of these southern African countries and see how things are done.

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by sketching: 11:31am On Jan 25
BluntCrazeMan:

So,, what exactly are they saying?

How would they know that a “NIN” which is linked to a SIM-card and given to a User is a duplicated NIN.??

The third-party registration agents usually harvest the NIN of innocent individuals in their absence, and use it to register the SIM of multiple persons, and the name and details on the newly registered SIM would be that of the Original owner of the NIN Number - and this original owner of the NIN wouldn't even be aware of what the agents are doing with his/her NIN.

Then again, the person who wanted to buy a new SIM wouldn't also know what happened...
All he/she needed was just to buy a pre-registered SIM.

So, during the NCC’s so-called Audit, how would they know that the eventual user of the SIM is not the owner of the NIN, since they don't have the user’s information by any means??

I just want to know, because I don't understand what this particular news is all about.

A POS operator claimed that MTN wouldn't allow him register more than 4 SIM cards with his NIN. So they block the most active lines.

As two people about pointed out. In a developed country they would be sued for interrupting subscribers business/life.
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by stacyadams: 8:43pm On Jan 25
patorial:

Link your SIM to your network mobile app and you will find out that the name your SIM was registered is different from that with your NIN

What's the solution bro?
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by Bossman(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25
Once you find out which one is incorrect (MTN or NIMC), you'll need to change to update it.

stacyadams:

What's the solution bro?

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by patorial(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26
stacyadams:

What's the solution bro?
Go do regularisation with where the errorof name comes from.
Either MTN or NIMC.

1 Like

Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by charlsecy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18
adioolayi:
NIN and SIM Biometric wey no tally.... disconnect the line ...
Why would the system allow the registration and linking of a SIM to a NIN that doesn't match the regsitrant's biometric details in the first place?
Re: Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC by DAramis: 10:30am On Apr 09
jellybabee:
login to your MTN App to confirm if your nin has been successfully linked...
If not.... you have to first generate your virtual nin (VNIN) to be able to register your Nin....in which N20 will be deducted from the sim twice( for generating VNIN and submission of NIN).
how can this be done for mtn?
And is it possible to do it on mtn website online? Trying to sort myself out on this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN? / Airtel Free Megabytes, Get 200MB Without Paying A Dine / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.