Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless (732 Views)

FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals / Which Federal Agencies Deserve To Be Scrapped? / 428 Federal Agencies Will Find It Difficult To Pay Salary By The End Of November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by Paraman: 6:09pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
He was originally working against Tinubu but later got to know the looting under him. He did not know on time because he is a dvllard.

He called Mahmmud three days to election to ensure Tinubu wins. This is inside information I'm giving you. You think IREV wasnt shutdown? Dey play
Well, Tinubu is now the president, and he will rule till 2027, recontest and win.
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by DMerciful(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23
I don't wanna get banned for engaging in tribal banters. Carry your wahala dey go.
LegendHero:

Nigeria only vote based on party affiliation, religion, and tribalism. If anyone think otherwise, then he is a baby in politics.

Lol core north & west against East? Ever since the days of Awolowo/Zik, the Easterners always carry third in any election, even when both three tribe feature on the ballot.

Let me tell you something today, the South-South is more valuable than the SE in politics. SE is nothing in politics, we just use you guys for the numbers alone!

If you like you can say Ibo is a globalnality, all Wetin me I just know be say Nigeria has only two major tribe politically.
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by LegendHero(m): 6:16pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
I don't wanna get banned for engaging in tribal banters. Carry your wahala dey go.

I haven’t abused any tribe in my post. I don’t think a normal discussion should warrant ban except if Nairaland just want to gag us completely.
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by seanfer(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
This being done by Lagos people gives it a coloration of trying to restore some of Lagos past 'glory' as capital. A northern president will reverse it.

Even though I'm satisfied with the reason that was given for moving it, perhaps if this was done through the national assembly, would have been generally accepted and permanent

When. Hadi Sirika move FAAN to Abuja, NASS was not involved
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by DMerciful(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23
Is it only FAAN thats being moved now? His Sirika's action not being reversed and the cycle continue?
seanfer:

When. Hadi Sirika move FAAN to Abuja, NASS was not involved
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by DMerciful(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23
If there's transparent elections with electronic transmission and Tinubu wins, I'll congratulate him. All I need is credible election 100%
Paraman:
Well, Tinubu is now the president, and he will rule till 2027, recontest and win.
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by 9jatriot(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23
To cover una shame, dem don share format give una for una whatsapp group. NOn be only 3 days to, na eve of election. Such a shameful lot.

DMerciful:
He was originally working against Tinubu but later got to know the looting under him. He did not know on time because he is a dvllard.

He called Mahmmud three days to election to ensure Tinubu wins. This is inside information I'm giving you. You think IREV wasnt shutdown? Dey play
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by DMerciful(m): 6:33pm On Jan 23
Why do you think IREV was shutdown?
9jatriot:
To cover una shame, dem don share format give una for una whatsapp group. NOn be only 3 days to, na eve of election. Such a shameful lot.

Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by lilytender: 6:35pm On Jan 23
Validated:
Relocating FAAN and some departments in CBN to Lagos is sheer senselessness. Tomorrow a president from the North will reverse the actions, so what is the sense in that?

Many families will be disrupted now and by 2031 or earlier another move will be orchastrated.

As if your opinion matter at all
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by yommen: 6:42pm On Jan 23
kettykin:

Cbn has offices all over Nigeria, in a Nigeria state capital, Abuja is the federal capital, relocating regulatory department to Lagos is wrong it is even against the basics for creating Abuja.
Lagos is no longer the federal capital and is just one of the states of the federation .

Bringing FAAN and cbn back to Lagos will give Lagos some power as a capital which it is not.
Emefiele, Sanusi, soludo all acted in good faith by leaving the department in Abuja

I don't understand your point. CBN has been in Abuja for so long but that has neither improved the economy nor the value of our currency. You are only pained because Tinubu's action really hurts the pointless ego of the Hausas. Simple.
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by seanfer(m): 11:39am On Jan 24
DMerciful:
Is it only FAAN thats being moved now? His Sirika's action not being reversed and the cycle continue?

Which other FG Agency is moving its headquarter to Lagos from Abuja?
Re: Relocating Federal Agencies Is Senseless by Twy: 11:56am On Jan 24
Validated:
Relocating FAAN and some departments in CBN to Lagos is sheer senselessness. Tomorrow a president from the North will reverse the actions, so what is the sense in that?

Many families will be disrupted now and by 2031 or earlier another move will be orchastrated.

It is a little more complicaed, if people really want a united Nigeria they will seek peace and security. A hugh central office is not a big deal in a small country( land mass) if we have security and a good rail system. But when we do not have it, it is better to spread out the workforce. Those in admin or perfrom central functions can stay in a central office, those with regulatory and monitoring functions can be dispersed not just to Lagos but accross the country. However, I do think they have too many branches. Just locate branches near the major economic centers. Majority o the data collection, monitoring and regulatory functions should be exclusively done by the branches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Quick Look Into The Debt Profile Of Kaduna State - DMO Statistics / $480m Afc Probe: Pressure Mounts On Panel To Nail Soludo / Will You Touch Him/her With A Ten Foot Pole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.