Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

-- - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / -- (5748 Views)

Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter / First Nigerians To Get Married In Forssa, Finland (video) / Why Is There A Huge Pressure On Girls To Get Married Before A Certian Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: -- by bizpreneur(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
Orikinla:

If he is not ready to marry, you don't have to let him delay yours.

@OP,D ONLY FAVOUR U OWN HIM/HER IZ 2 ALWYZ LEND DEM A WORD OF ADVIC IN DZ RGARDS, SUCH DAT WHN U AR SET,U AR GUD 2 PROCEED, ITZ ONLY IN AFRCA TRADTION DAT IT
WZ TUK 2 B UNETHCAL.
Re: -- by harrier(m): 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
Some part of 9ija yes, but not important i have somebody her brother is dump when she is fast so she get married last two month.
Re: -- by Matnat(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
Maximip:

I once heard a story of a man that wanted to marry a girl but the girl complained that she wants her elder sister to get married first. The
sharp guy just dumped the girl sharply and married the sister.
A funny one! Ha, ha, ha, ha,
Re: -- by godman01(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2011
There's no time to waste. You are responsible for your life so take responsibility.
Re: -- by godman01(m): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
There's no time to waste. You are responsible for your life so take responsibility.
Re: -- by cynthiafred67(f): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
Me I can't wait I mean I won't wait 4 anybody 2 get married b4 I do ooo life na turn by turn
Re: -- by realchange: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
on paper, there is nothing wrong, BUT be aware of a few things.
i would advise you to ask your brother how he feels about that, and find out why he is not yet married. if money is the problem, then, you may want to help him marry first instead of wasting the money on a "lavish wedding party".
i'm saying this because no one knows tomorrow. you may marry ahead of him and kick his feeling aside today and he will have that in his mind always. if you by chance come to be at his mercy any time in the future, he won't spare you!
I say this because i know of a similar case which happened many years ago. suffice to say that the only son of the older brother became stupendously rich while the sons (many sons) of the younger were struggling seriously. the result was that the son of the older refused completely to help the sons of the younger (his own cousins) because his father told him how their father married ahead of him without considering helping him.

so, my friend, be wise. be very wise. no one knows tomorrow!
Re: -- by yommysomguy(m): 6:04am On Nov 09, 2011
godman01:

straight to the point
Re: -- by silvaspecs: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2011
Dear house, in my own case, i am the third guy but my two elder ones are not YET ready but i think i am. would it be that bad to mention marriage now?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: -- by Theblessed(f): 3:53am On Nov 10, 2011
cynthiafred67:

Me I can't wait I mean I won't wait 4 anybody 2 get married b4 I do ooo life na turn by turn

[b][size=16pt]Why not first discuss it with them to know the reasons and then, inform them of your plan and if possible, give them a target time (i.e. between here and there) instead of rushing out to make them look like fools!

And Yes, life na turn by turn but with this selfish attitude and lack of consideration for the feelings of others in your lifeyou could end up on the shelf for quite a long time, pray!

You should be supportive of your elders and not competitive.  Competition in a family can bring nothing good but jelousy, chaos, destruction and to some extent death - as people began to plan, cunnive, ambush and set traps to hurt others, hmmm!

You seem to lack empathy and compassion on others, but here's a word from the Bible for you ''Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy'' (Matthew Chpt 5 v 7).  Sympathize with your sibblings in their difficulty, support them and they would rally around you in turn.

In your greed to hook up at any chance and cost before you elder sibblings becareful, he who laugh last might laugh best in your face because, you're doing it out of selfishness knowing, not only the cultural implications on your elder sibblings but also, the emotional/psychological effects of such a move on their persona. 

Here's a story for you perhaps, it would teach others on here.  It is 10 years now my female cousin got married to a hard working guy that loves family.  This guy comes from a poor background and wanted the best for his family.  He put his brothers and sister through school and University and even got his immediate junior brother work in the city. 

After just one year of working, he felt he's made enough money to get married to a colleague from work without notifying his senior brother on time who gave up alot to make him what he is.  Obviously, father and mother supported the marriage but other sibblings were not happy as they felt, he made their senior brother look like a fool, for all he gave up for them.

A year later my cousin husband married her and immediately they started a family and now, have 4 children (2 each) after 10yrs of marriage.

For the younger brother and his wife, we are yet to hear the cry of a baby for they are having difficulty concieving- we are all waiting to hear a baby cry!!!  Hmmm! An act of selfishness can bring misery: For God judges the thoughts and attitudes of the hearts (Hebrew Chpt. 4 v.12 - i.e He looks for motives - not necessarily our actions but the motives behind it).

Becareful, it's not how we started that matters rather how we end up! sad

[/size][/b]
Re: -- by maran1983(f): 8:08am On Nov 10, 2011
OP, I understand where you are coming from culturally. In some cultures, it is not an accepted norm to get married before your elder siblings, but personally, i do not think it should be a problem especially if you discuss it with your brother first so he does not feel left out of preparations.
Good luck!
Re: -- by Gbenge77(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2011
Theres nothing unwholesome about it.
Re: -- by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 11, 2011
Funny!
Re: -- by Salishabib: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2012
I will get married as soon as i am 75, i won't wait 4 any body

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? / My Tribute To Perx. . . / Good Family Planning For My Family: Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.