Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter (800 Views)

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari / Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine / Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Just yestaday a frnd of mine went for his introduction, lo and behold, d parent of d gal told him dat d 3rd daughter will not get married b4 d first.

Do such a fin still happen?
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by feminineA: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Am the second and I got married b4 my senior sister infact she is yet to get married. So you mean I will continue to wait for hereveryone has their time.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by thorpido(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
There are some areas where they take it serious.
There is no crime or sin in a younger one getting married before the older.
Is it not better to wait and marry the one u will be happy with than to just rush and end up not happy later on.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by sholay2011(m): 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
Is that a family of Laban? Thank God they didn't give him the elder in place of the younger.

Nevertheless, it's not strange in our culture...people still assume the elder should get married before the younger which shouldn't be...
Everyone's path in life is unique. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by dasparrow: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
Just yestaday a frnd of mine went for his introduction, lo and behold, d parent of d gal told him dat d 3rd daughter will not get married b4 d first.

Do such a fin still happen?

Of course such things still happen among ignorant Nigerians who have refused to join us in the 21st century but have rather chosen to remain in the dark era.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nawa o! Where Christainity hv dominate everywhere, pple still beleive in stupid n beberic culture my foot. If my wife to b is d last born, who cares! I go marry her even if der elder sista never marry.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nawa o! Where Christainity hv dominate everywhere, pple still beleive in stupid n beberic culture my foot. If my wife to b is d last born, who cares! I go marry her even if her elder sista never marry.
Re: Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter by greatgod2012(f): 3:46am On Apr 03, 2013
Its not a crime for even the last born to get married b4 the first born, everyone has his/her own time, and its better for one to wait for its time, to avoid future regret.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

. / Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing / Czech Mother, 23, Is Pregnant With QUINTUPLETS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.